Photo

April 2011 Brides

• Please log in to reply
6539 replies to this topic

#3171 Tennyt1

Tennyt1
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 12:02 PM

Mocha, I have the same issue with my Miami based WC...horrible!

http://dwdf.daisypath.com/e8thm5.png

~April 2, 2011 ~ Sandals Grand Ocho Rios ~
    ~52 Guest booked plus the Bride & Groom~

#3172 kitty25967

kitty25967
    • 320 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 12:04 PM

I bought my TTD from DH Gate and it was a steal of a deal!  I also got it pretty fast.  The "chiffon" is not very high quality chiffon, but still looks really nice and no one will notice any different in the pictures.  The measurements were right on.  I also ordered a dress (made to size) brand new that I was considering for a bridesmaid dress for $2, yes $2...it is black chiffon.  The price included shipping in it.  They also sent extra fabric as well.  Even if I had hated the dress (which I didn't) I couldn't have gotten that much fabric for $2.  Like ebay, just be sure to read the reviews first.

Originally Posted by Tennyt1 

Is that DH Gate site good?  And are the dresses good?  The dress I bought for my niece didn't fit so we are looking again, but the prices on that site look good....what are your thoughts?

#3173 baileybride2b

baileybride2b
      • 100 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 12:05 PM

I'm travelling with Air Transat but I heard that most airlines are changing the rules for travelling with it.

Originally Posted by Lua 

which airline are you going with bailey???

#3174 TLGnhci

TLGnhci
        • 899 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 12:10 PM

I am flying United and was told that my dress will be considered my carry on and will go either on my lap or in the overhead.  There was no closet offered.  :(

#3175 Lua

Lua
          • 1,231 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 12:15 PM

Hmm I'll have to get a hold of Sunwing and see what they can do for me.

#3176 Tennyt1

Tennyt1
            • 1,131 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 12:16 PM

$2....thats amazing!

Originally Posted by kitty25967 

I bought my TTD from DH Gate and it was a steal of a deal!  I also got it pretty fast.  The "chiffon" is not very high quality chiffon, but still looks really nice and no one will notice any different in the pictures.  The measurements were right on.  I also ordered a dress (made to size) brand new that I was considering for a bridesmaid dress for $2, yes $2...it is black chiffon.  The price included shipping in it.  They also sent extra fabric as well.  Even if I had hated the dress (which I didn't) I couldn't have gotten that much fabric for $2.  Like ebay, just be sure to read the reviews first.

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Tennyt1 

Is that DH Gate site good?  And are the dresses good?  The dress I bought for my niece didn't fit so we are looking again, but the prices on that site look good....what are your thoughts?

#3177 mochamakes3

mochamakes3
              • 1,917 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 12:16 PM

We are flying WestJet and their rules are two carry ons which can fit in the bin, and one free piece of luggage. You can have two additional pieces for an extra $20. I was anticipating have my dress and his suit steamed anyways, so I planned on packing them as one of FI's carry on items.

Kitty, how did you ever find a dress for $2? I would love to see it.

#3178 Tennyt1

Tennyt1
                • 1,131 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 12:20 PM

Oh boy....I gotta call Air Jamaica now and find out what their deal is...

#3179 Lua

Lua
                  • 1,231 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 12:23 PM

One of the girls one BDW actually just went to my resort with the same airline a few weeks ago (flying from TO as well). i'm pretty sure she said in her review that there were 2 brides on her flight (her being one) and they had special compartments for them to put the dresses. hoping it's the same for me!

#3180 Tennyt1

Tennyt1
                    • 1,131 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 12:31 PM

Yeah, I hope so....Something will work out for all of us in this regard!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users