• 1,131 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 10:42 AM

Yay Brandy that is great news!!!!

~April 2, 2011 ~ Sandals Grand Ocho Rios ~
      ~52 Guest booked plus the Bride & Groom~

#2553 Brandy

• 2,628 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 11:21 AM

I think we should keep this going, it helps me stay on track lol!!!

Whats on everyones wedding agenda this weekend?

I would really like to try and get FI suit ordered this weekend! I have been trying to do it for the last 2 weekends!!

I think I may go by the Christmas tree shop again and Target, I still need to get some mints, aloe and off.

And Im getting a massage saturday!!! I cant wait I need it!

#2554 tris

• 609 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 11:31 AM

This weekend won't consist of any wedding stuff, which is nice. BUT I am meeting with our mortgage broker Saturday. Fingers crossed it's time to start looking for our first house together (we've been renting for way too long). I also have some freelance wedding stuff to do for OTHER brides, and my grandfather's birthday. It may be one of the last times I see him... he's only got a few months to live so no one from my Dad's side of the fam is coming to the wedding (I don't think they would have anyway). *Sigh* I'm not that close with them, but it's still going to be a pretty sad "party".... :(

In other happy wedding news, we are going to update our registry tonight and I also have some killer ideas floating around in my head for centerpiece ideas!! We're rethinking our original idea since they were so heavy... This whole thing is totally a problem solving mission! Small enough and light enough to fit in a suitcase but still interesting enough to make the impression I demand as a creative individual! Haha!!

Married my best friend 04/28/11 at the Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay

#2555 Teira1031

• 766 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 11:40 AM

Bailey- you can buy iron on things that say 'bride' or 'just married' a just put them on any suit you want. I just picked up some swimsuits up at target and am going to do a just married one. I'll post pics when I'm done. You can find the iron ons at any craft store, etsy and evay

#2556 APOLA2035

• Site Supporter
            • 55 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 11:41 AM

Dear April 2011 Brides,

Please forgive to be an intruder in this topic. I'm actually a May bride, but I think this group is way more supportive than the other ones that I found, so I decided to introduce myself and share with you the joy of this blog friendship if you all accept me of course :)

#2557 Tennyt1

• 1,131 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 11:48 AM

ofcourse Apola! Welcome aboard!

~April 2, 2011 ~ Sandals Grand Ocho Rios ~
                ~52 Guest booked plus the Bride & Groom~

#2558 Brandy

• 2,628 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 11:51 AM

Well Of Course!!! Welcome to our Thread!!!

How is your planning going so far!!!

#2559 lsmith211

• 168 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 12:01 PM

Welcome Apola!!

Just had to share with you girls - I'm so excited!!  Originally FI and I booked our resort for 10 days, as everyone travelling through our travel agent is meeting on a connecting flight and arriving on the same day - so, with 10 days we were going to get 3 days to ourselves after everyone left....  But, we didn't factor people booking themselves in on different days, so we now have a group of 9 people that will be there for 2 days after everyone else leaves...  I was bummed cause I was thinking we are going to have a group crashing our mini honeymoon, but what are you gonna do...... 

Well, last night FI suggested staying a few more days.  I called the travel agent, and we booked for 12 days, and it only ended up costing $150 more each!  So, now we're still going to get our alone time, and I get to stay in paradise for a few days longer!!  Yay!!!

As for the weekend, the only thing planned is getting FI's suit altered, but that'll only happen if he decides not to go in to work on Saturday....  And I have to find acrylic vases for the sand ceremony - no luck at the Winners by my house, so I'll try a few more around the city to see if I come across them...

Tris - so sorry about your grandfather....  I lost my last grandparent last year and it sucked.  But she was 99 and spry til the end, so can't really ask for much more than that.  Hopefully everyone can enjoy themselves at the party for his sake this weekend!

#2560 Ellabaja1983

• 1,541 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 12:02 PM

I love the weekly "what are you doing now" question!  Great post Brandy!

This week is a pretty big wedding weekend for me....

Saturday FI has decided that we are going to find him a suit!  He told me last night that he'd like to do that!  FINALLY!

Sunday my MOH is coming over and we have some stuff to do!  We are going to put together the bouquets for her and the 2 BMs.  Then I hope to be able to put all of my Oh Sh!t kits together.  I'm also going to work on my Welcome! brochure or book...or whatever I decide to do on that front!!  I'm also going to get my packages together to send out the pre-travel brochures and luggage tags to my guests traveling to Mexico with us!

I would really like to figure out music stuff too!

Apola - We have a great group here, you are welcome to intrude!  We have another girl who is getting married April 2012 that pops in as well! 

Married the love of my life in April!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users