April 2011 Brides

• Please log in to reply
6539 replies to this topic

#2361 mochamakes3

mochamakes3
  • 1,917 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 05:58 AM

Erin, You luggage tags are gorgeous.

I wanted to show you ladies some pictures of my mini cakes that I made. They're not quite finished. I still have to add a handmade chocolate rose to the top of each one.

Picture 001.jpgPicture 002.jpgPicture 003.jpg

#2362 Tennyt1

Tennyt1
    • 1,131 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 06:44 AM

your cakes look so yummmy goood!!!!!

http://dwdf.daisypath.com/e8thm5.png

~April 2, 2011 ~ Sandals Grand Ocho Rios ~
      ~52 Guest booked plus the Bride & Groom~

#2363 Lua

Lua
      • 1,231 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 07:09 AM

those look amazing mocha!!! :)

Erin - LOVE the luggage tags!  ... I thought of making my own little packets of advil and such but when i mentioned the idea to my mom, she turned her nose up LOL so i decided not to bother

#2364 mochamakes3

mochamakes3
        • 1,917 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 07:12 AM

Thanks ladies.

Laura, I kind of would feel weird handling individual pills too. Maybe I will just stick to rolls of tums since so many people have personal preferences for pain killers.

#2365 Michele4172011

Michele4172011
          • 194 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 08:41 AM

Erin, I love the luggage tags-- where did you get them? How did you make them? I see a lot of great DIY work on here, but clueless where to begin.

I started gathering advil, tums, sunblock, etc. from Target yesterday. I want to do a kit with a label at the top-- too much sun, too much to drink, too much food, etc. Does anyone have a good resource to help make the labels like that?

I'm also looking for a label to create my "oh sh!t kits" which are the $1 first aid kits from Target.

Can you help guide me?

#2366 lisadias

lisadias
            • 1,116 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 09:56 AM

Mocha you are the next Cake Boss lol. they look fantastic and so yummy. Where did you get those clear boxes they are in?

#2367 Ellabaja1983

Ellabaja1983
              • 1,541 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 10:58 AM

mocha - I love the cakes!  Awesome job!!!!

I was hestitant at first on the individual bags of loose pills, but I'll do it where I don't even touch them.  I'll put that disclaimer on there.  I just can't justify buying a bunch of individual packages for $1.99 (this is the cheapest price I've seen all of them around here. 

On the luggage tags, I must be honest...  I didn't DIY them.  I'm buying them from a girl on etsy.  I don't have the time to do that for all of my guests along with everything else that is going on in life (and wedding planning).  She charged $2.50/each.  I bought them from the shop "Yourmonogram."  She was great to work with and gave me so many options!

Michele - I have attached the label that I used for my bag of stuff that was the "too much of" stuff...  I did it in Word, and it worked fine.  I just cut them out and will either staple or fasten them some other way to the zip lock backs I'm using.  

Attached Files

Married the love of my life in April!!

#2368 Lua

Lua
                • 1,231 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 11:31 AM

aww just got a text from my mom (who's at Epcot in orlando right now)

"Got earings for you in Italy. Sterling silver studs with a dangly crystal heart."

I want to see them now! but she doesn't come home until sunday!

#2369 Michele4172011

Michele4172011
                  • 194 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 11:39 AM

Thank you, this is soooo very helpful!!!

#2370 greysgirl

greysgirl
                    • 370 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 12:01 PM

My TTD came in today with FI's tie! I heart Nordy's.  Here's a pic.  I wanted the pearlized trim, but they were out.  What do you ladies think?  Is it too much boob?  I tried to stuff the girls down...IMG_1233.JPGIMG_1237.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users