April 2011 Brides

• Please log in to reply
6539 replies to this topic

#201 mochamakes3

• 1,917 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 09:14 AM

Does anyone know if you can get married in Mexico on Good Friday (April 22)? We might be able to have more guests if we get married over the Easter weekend, but it will prob be more expensive.

I'm also wondering what other Canadian brides have done for the required paperwork. Thanks!

#202 primavera

• 428 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 09:40 AM

I am thinking about getting married over the Easter weekend as well, since most people have time off already. I asked my TA and she haven't mentioned there would be a problem, but I need to check into it more. It doesn't seem to be more expensive from what I have seen so far.

April 29, 2011 - Now Jade Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa

#203 bizzyangel

• 193 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 02:42 PM

I originally wanted Easter weekend but the resort I chose RIU Ocho Rios was booked...prices weren't all that much different either

#204 Ellabaja1983

• 1,541 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 06:39 AM

I know that our resort said they could not do weddings the week of Easter.  I'm not sure if that is a thing throughout Mexico or just with our resort.  Certainly should check with your resort, or the resort you are interested in.

Our wedding is actually the Friday after Easter, so I clarified with them that they could do it that day because I didn't know if "the week of Easter" was the Sunday-Saturday week, or prior to.  Our resort checked with the priest and they were okay with it.

Married the love of my life in April!!

#205 nucci

• 77 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 06:45 AM

I'm getting married the weekend before Easter in Mexico and there is no problem.  I don't think they do weddings on the actual holiday.  Our rates are a little higher b/c it is around it though and spring break too!  What kind of rates have everyone been getting.  I really hope ours go down!!!

#206 lisadias

• 1,116 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 08:00 AM

I am getting married the day after easter monday and no problems. It's mostly anywhere in the Dominican that completely shuts down for four days from good friday to easter monday.

#207 primavera

• 428 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 08:11 AM

So it seems as most of you have been told that they will not do weddings during the actual Easter weekend, am I right? This will really help to narrow down my date.

April 29, 2011 - Now Jade Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa

#208 Jacqui

• 11 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 01:39 PM

I am also an April 2011 bride, the 2nd to be exact, we are getting married at the Moon Palace Golf and Spa resort in Cancun, Mexico.

So far I have:

Booked the resort

Paid 50% deposit for wedding

Bought some bits for my wedding favours for reception when we get home

Seen so many gorgeous dresses online but not ventured out to try any on yet!!!

Seen bridesmaid dresses that we like (bridesmaids going to try on tomorrow!!!)

Thats pretty much it TBH, need to get my finger out i think!!!

#209 ashley88

• 7 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 06:43 AM

Hi, I am an April 2011 bride too! I am sooo happy I found this forum because my mother keeps on telling me that I don't have to worry about getting everything early but I am freaking out. We are having our wedding at Breezes Runaway Bay!  We had to postpone booking two times because of close family members that wanted to book with us, I told everyone that I am not waiting any longer than the last week of AIug! I am also just going to look at and hopefully purchase a dress next week. I am also scoping out some budget friendly places to hold the mini reception and dance when we get home! Ahhhh I feel so behind and I am a student so in a few weeks I will be back in school and I won't have as much time to do much planning as I will be finishing up my education degree so I will pretty much be in class, student teaching, or lesson planning right up until we leave...

#210 Ellabaja1983

• 1,541 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 07:09 AM

Well, it all depends on what you want and the extra stuff you'd like to do.  I've had a lot of help from this site to determine what I want to do and what I do not care about.  Remember a lot of your stuff will be figured out once you arrive at the resort just a few days before.  Getting the major stuff like picking a date, a resort, and booking the travel are the biggest things.  Sounds like you have most of that done or will be done soon.  The best part of a DW is that there really is a lot less stress to it (or should be)!!  Good luck with planning, and your degree!!

Married the love of my life in April!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users