Photo

April 2011 Brides

• Please log in to reply
6539 replies to this topic

#191 Ellabaja1983

Ellabaja1983
  • 1,541 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 08:01 AM

Congrats on the dress Katie, it looks great on you!  My mother just picked up my dress a couple of weeks ago, so I can go to her house and just stare out it when I want to now!  Since we were originally going to get married 9/18/10, I had purchased my dress last November!

Isn't it a great feeling to have that taken care of???

Married the love of my life in April!!

#192 bizzyangel

bizzyangel
    • 193 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 08:08 AM

I'm an April Fools bride =) Getting married at the RIU Ocho Rios at 11am. So excited! All of this was decided about 2 weeks ago so I am super late with STD and such, lol but working on getting the out ASAP. Most people that know have been pretty positive and surprisingly interested.

#193 Ellabaja1983

Ellabaja1983
      • 1,541 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by bizzyangel 

I'm an April Fools bride =) Getting married at the RIU Ocho Rios at 11am. So excited! All of this was decided about 2 weeks ago so I am super late with STD and such, lol but working on getting the out ASAP. Most people that know have been pretty positive and surprisingly interested.

I just sent our STDs out about a week and a half ago, so you aren't that late...or maybe I'm late too!!

Anyway, with an early wedding, how are you doing the meal?  Our wedding is at 1:00 or 1:30, and I've been trying to figure out what we are going to do.  I know we are at different resorts, but I'm just curious!

#194 bizzyangel

bizzyangel
        • 193 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 08:54 AM

I honestly do not have any clue! This wasn't my ideal choice of time but that was the only slot available so I figure I would take it instead of pushing the wedding up further (don't want to push back anymore than necessary). I may just reserve space for lunch afterwards at one of the restaurants...I get a "free" dinner at 6:30pm and I originally was going to have come back later but the photographer wouldn't be able to stay that long so here is my tentative schedule

10-11 preparations

11-12 get married

12-1 pictures

1-4 lunch / reception

4-6 TTD

6:30 dinner...although I may just scratch that all together cause who wants to spend that much time at a wedding...I guess I will leave up to the guests who come but I am sure they wouldn't mind.

I was more so worried I wouldn't have pictures of dancing and such which is why I am thinking an earlier lunch/reception will suffice. I don't know what they would have available to accommodate my group or how large of a group I would have but I will figure out something. 

#195 Ellabaja1983

Ellabaja1983
          • 1,541 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 09:03 AM

I was thinking of pushing back the dinner and just do dinner at the normal time and have the time in between as time with the photographer.  That would certainly work better in my situation just because it's a couple hours later than your.  I understand the dilemma with the photographer.  We were originally going to have the same problem, but we have since decided to bring our photographer with us.  We'll get a day and a half of pictures (she's going to be down there two nights), because she said she'll "work" the whole time down there, and then she's also doing our AHR when we do that.  We couldn't beat the price and what we will get for it, even when you include the travel arrangements.

I was thinking of doing a cocktail hour, but I don't think that is necesary.  I think the guests will appreciate the time to go back and refresh, or whatever they decide to do! 

I think if you are doing lunch, you don't really need to do a dinner as well... 

#196 katieandaron

katieandaron
            • 35 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 11:53 AM

Thanks!

Yes, it's a great feeling!  It was the first one I tried on but I had a whole list of others, so didn't want to cut the experience short, but after an hour and a half it was still my favorite!

Yeah, I don't know where I'm going to store it for the next few months!  It's a BIG bag!  I've already decided there is no way I'm going to try and fly with it.  Since my parents are driving to the cruiseport, I'm going to ask them to bring it...

Originally Posted by Ellabaja1983 

Congrats on the dress Katie, it looks great on you!  My mother just picked up my dress a couple of weeks ago, so I can go to her house and just stare out it when I want to now!  Since we were originally going to get married 9/18/10, I had purchased my dress last November!

Isn't it a great feeling to have that taken care of???

#197 bizzyangel

bizzyangel
              • 193 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by Ellabaja1983 
                I was thinking of doing a cocktail hour, but I don't think that is necesary.  I think the guests will appreciate the time to go back and refresh, or whatever they decide to do! 

I think if you are doing lunch, you don't really need to do a dinner as well... 

I agree about the no dinner but if it's included I may just have my immediate family or something. Make it optional to guests if it's included in my package. I don't want to just waste it but I can see your point. I wouldn't mind splitting up the day but the photography was biggest deciding factor for the lunch reception.

#198 Ellabaja1983

Ellabaja1983
                • 1,541 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 05:07 AM

If it's included I would certainly make it optional.  Let them know that you will be there and that they are more than welcome to join you...though, you'll probably want a head count right?  I'm thinking the resort will want to know how many guests will be at dinner so they know how much food is required.

Originally Posted by bizzyangel 

I agree about the no dinner but if it's included I may just have my immediate family or something. Make it optional to guests if it's included in my package. I don't want to just waste it but I can see your point. I wouldn't mind splitting up the day but the photography was biggest deciding factor for the lunch reception.

#199 bizzyangel

bizzyangel
                  • 193 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 02:06 PM

I would definitely ask who would be interested of course  . Not sure about the head count since they have everyone order their meals form the menu. It's buffet style for soup and salad for everyone then they order the meal (the bride and groom are served for everything though). Will see what my options are a month before I guess.

#200 abbie32

abbie32
                    • 89 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 06:15 AM

Hello,

I'm getting married on April 6th, 2011 at the Gran Bahia Principe Riviera Maya resort in Mexico. Has anyone booked their travel for Mexico yet?  Just curious to see what rates you are getting. Mine are higher than accepted but still not that bad. I'm hoping they will come down in the Fall.

I was also wondering if anyone is staying after the wedding to honeymoon there as well. We were thinking of transferring to an adults only resort once everyone leaves. We just want to relax alone for a few days after the wedding. If anyone else is doing this, where are you staying?? Just trying to pick a resort for the honeymoon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users