Photo

April 2011 Brides

• Please log in to reply
6539 replies to this topic

#1131 Teira1031

Teira1031
  • 766 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 04:36 PM

Michele- are you sure that's your mom?! She looks young enough to be your sister! You are going to age beautifully!

#1132 Ellabaja1983

Ellabaja1983
    • 1,541 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 05:22 PM

Lua - How exciting, only 4 months left!!!  Also, I can't wait to see your bouquet!!!  I'm glad you finally got your flowers!!

Alright, so I'm a little nervous today...  I received an email from my wedding coordinator that as of this coming Saturday, she will no longer be with the resort and someone else will be taking her place.  Granted, I'm still 4 1/2 months away, but I've worked with this wedding coordinator a lot already and we've built somewhat of a relationship...  I hope things go well and I'm sure they will...I'm just nervous about it....

(Sorry I've been missing for awhile, I've been training some new employees at work so that's been taking up my time!  Don't you hate how work gets in the way?!?! )

Married the love of my life in April!!

#1133 Lua

Lua
      • 1,231 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 05:24 PM

So we'll use these as the 'before pictures'

They don't look as good in these pics as they due in person due to the bad lighting - hard to photograph when it's pitch black outside. But you get the general idea.

DSC02582.jpg

DSC02584.jpg

DSC02585.jpg

DSC02586.jpg

Going to make the bouquet over the weekend!

#1134 Brandy

Brandy
        • 2,628 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 05:26 PM

Oh wow those flowers look amazing!

#1135 lisadias

lisadias
          • 1,116 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 05:48 PM

Those look great Lua, can't wait to see the final bouquet! They were the same flowers I was thinking of but a girl on my resort thread just came back from there and used a local florist and got a wicked deal so I think I have changed my mind.

Ella- They have changed coordinators on my three times already! I feel your stress but don't it will all work out. Just make sure you get anything you discussed with the previous coordinator in writting before she goes.

Tris- I have been trying to grow my hair for a year from super short but it's still not long enough for the look I want but my hairdresser makes the extensions for me which is awesome. Last time she gave me ones when I had short hair for like $80 completed but I am sure the long ones will be a bit more expensive. What sucks is that she is going to the phillipenes a month before I leave for my wedding so I will have to get my final color then and do the hair extensions then. i hope my color holds for a month!!! :(

Brandy- i spoke with silver pencils and she only has that flower in the ivory but said she could use another one of her white ones with the starfish but no blue available. Boo!

Changed my mind again on my centerpieces but got some great deals at kitchen stuff plus here in canada today and will have some sample photos posted this weekend. I would like some input from you ladies! I think the first ones were too busy and the ones I am thinking of now are a little more elegant.

#1136 lisadias

lisadias
            • 1,116 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 07:49 PM

Ok here is what I am thinking of going with. Ignore the flowers and ribbon(they from a wedding in the 90's that I was in lol) in the top as we will be using real ones from the resort and may switch out the white rocks with sand or water beads colored blue. Any advice on which would be appreciated. They look nice with the candles lit in dim lighting too! :)

centerpieces part 2 022.JPGcenterpieces part 2 021.JPG

#1137 Brandy

Brandy
              • 2,628 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 05:52 AM

oooo I like it lisa!!! Thats stinks about the flower, have you contacted any other sellers, or you could use the alchemy feature on etsy.

#1138 Lua

Lua
                • 1,231 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 06:25 AM

love the centerpieces Lisa!!!

Is it bad that I have no desire to do any sort of center piece????

How do you even know how many tables you'll have or how the set up is going to be?

#1139 lisadias

lisadias
                  • 1,116 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 06:54 AM

Thanks Brandy! Not sure what that means lol but I will check other vendors on there and see what I can find.

Lua- You may not have to if the hotel provides it. I know my hotel has some items for free otherwise they charge an arm and a leg to do them for you. But hey if you don't want to do them then don't! It's your day! :)

I know how many guests are coming and have already chosen my reception location and the layout of the tables so I will have 6 guest tables and a head table. Worked it all out with my wedding coordinator. I am such a geek I even have a plan layout on powerpoint of how I want the room with a seating chart lol

#1140 Brandy

Brandy
                    • 2,628 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 06:56 AM

Lisa- the alchemy feature is where you put in a description of what you want and your price range and sellers will contact you if they can do it and what they would charge, basically sellers bid on what you want them to make for you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users