Photo

April 2011 Brides

• Please log in to reply
6539 replies to this topic

#1011 Teira1031

Teira1031
  • 766 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 11:47 AM

Lua your talk to 10th tall snow banks makes me want to move to canada immediately! We leave for Mexico 4 months from Saturday! Can't even believe it!

#1012 Teira1031

Teira1031
    • 766 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 11:49 AM

Oops supposed to say 10ft not 10th

#1013 Brandy

Brandy
      • 2,628 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 11:50 AM

We had a ton of snow last year, we had like 5 huge snow storms, each dropping a about 3' at a time it was crazy!! I certainly dont want that again!

#1014 Ellabaja1983

Ellabaja1983
        • 1,541 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 11:56 AM

Tiera - It's just beautiful here right after the snow falls.  Since I've been spoiled and (almost always) had a white Christmas, I don't think I could do it any other way.  I have family in FL and I'm just like, how do you have Christmas when it's sunny out and no snow??  We get a lot less snow than we did when I was a kid, but we still usually have enough for a snowman or two each year!!

I can't believe some of you are 4 months out!!  As it gets closer, I get more and more nervous....does anyone else feel this, or am I alone here??

Married the love of my life in April!!

#1015 Brandy

Brandy
          • 2,628 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 12:00 PM

I get nervous when I think about it, but its more of an excited nervous feeling, and just hoping everything goes smoothly

#1016 Lua

Lua
            • 1,231 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 12:16 PM

you're not alone Ella!  I started to get the nervous feeling when i went to take my dress to be fitted.  I can already forsee myself being a bundle of nerve/excitement come march!

#1017 Lua

Lua
              • 1,231 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 12:22 PM

I would like the snow much better if I didn't have to deal with driving in it.  My driving is ok with my snow tires on the car, but it's amazing how so many people just don't know how to drive in snow and make it dangerous for everyone else.  I think after a study last year or the year before it was deemed that the stretch of highway I take to work is one of the worst in the country for accidents!  CHristmas just isn't Christmas without snow though.  We actually didn't have any last year - first time in my life - and it didn't feel like Christmas at all.

p.s. 10ft snowbanks aren't so fun when you're only 5'3 and have to heave new snow up on top ;) lol

#1018 Teira1031

Teira1031
                • 766 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 12:29 PM

I've only had 1 white Christmas that I can remember and it was 2 years ago. Everything shuts down here when it snows because we don't get it very often so nobody is prepared for it. We only have like 4 snow plows for the whole Portland metro area.

#1019 Brandy

Brandy
                  • 2,628 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 12:30 PM

Oh jeez thats crazy Teira!

#1020 Teira1031

Teira1031
                    • 766 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 12:49 PM

So my best friend just told me that her and her bf aren't going to be able to come to the wedding now!!!! So my best friends parents will be at my wedding but not my best friend herself. Part of me understands because it is expensive but atthe same time she's known for over a year and she Was one of the few people I talked to before we decided on a dw to be sure she'd be able to be there and she said of course now 4 months away she's backing out. I'm hoping she's just being dramatic and everything will work out but now I'm so stressed! :confused:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users