Sign in to follow this  
Tennyt1

April 2011 Brides

Ashley - I hear ya'! I'm waiting for a good package deal to Dreams Villamagna, the flight prices are insane!

April 20, 2011 Bride here!!!!! Negril, Jamaica wedding at the Sunset on the Cliff Resort. I'm soo excited I cant wait, we already sent out the save the dates to our guest. Congrats everyone!!!

If you need any ideas on your save the dates, look into A Gifted Heart they did AMAZING on our save the dates and information cards.

Save the Date Wedding Magnets

Congrats everyone!! We just all need to believe the prices will drop haha!! It's still really early and we have time. At least thats what I'm telling myself. Although I have freaked out a couple times!! Rates just started coming out so there is plenty of time for sales!! I knew Easter was in April, but never thought it would effect prices this much!

Our luggage tag save the dates are done and ready to be mailed. We're doing boarding pass invites, prob done by stylish scribe. We're going to wait on the invites though until we hear more about the prices. Our TA said to wait a few weeks to see what happens!!

The prices for early April (leaving on Easter Sunday actually) in 2007 were a little cheaper than what I am finding now. But what I've seen so far is pretty close to what we all paid to go last June. I figure if people paid it just for a vacation and not my wedding... maybe they will pay it for a vacation and a purpose! We will have to see. I'm crossing my fingers on prices going down too though so more people can try to make it.

From what I've found so far (from Canada) is that the week of Apr 3-10 (my wedding week) is about $200 more than the week of April 10th. I was also told the week after that is even cheaper. Not sure about later in the month though.

I am really struggling with the decision to book a group rate now or wait it out. The prices are higher than I'd like ($1960). I would really rather send the TA info with my STD's, and I don't want to wait to long to do that. Fortunately, the best rate I've been able to get has a one time price adjustment. On the con side, they will only price match within the same tour operator (Sunquest), which limits our options, esp because their original quote was not competitive at all (they price matched another tour operator so we could get the price adjustment).

Decisions, decisions...

Hi - I am an April, 2011 bride also. Still stressing over the exact place. I think we are almost positive on Beaches Turks & Caicos on the 14th. I didn't think it would be this difficult to just make a decision on the location!!! I just want everything to be perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxmysockz View Post
I was thinking probably around Jan for the invites cuz thats when all of my guests final balance is due! Or is that quite alot too early?? x
I don't think that's too early--That's when I was planning on sending my invites out--better too early than too late!

My finance is mailing our save the dates today! I was thinking a little earlier than Jan for the invites too. Maybe in the Fall. I want to give my guests as much time as possible, especially since prices are higher than expected. You can always make the RSVP later, but at least they'll have the invites!