Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Tennyt1

April 2011 Brides

Recommended Posts



*I had my TTD altered.  I think it will be well worth it in the pictures.

*Please keep me up to date on your bridesmaids shoes b/c I had bought flip flops for mine (which I am still giving them) when I had more bridesmaids but now that I'm down to 3 then I think I would like for them to have something a little nicer?

Originally Posted by Brandy View Post

~I have to put together our AHR invites, hopefully this will only take me a day to do with the help of FI

~Finish up my Welcome Books

~Thank you cards to parents/bridal party

~Finish buying gifts

~Pick up FI ring

~Re-furbish my rings

~Send out brochures (this will be done this weekend)

~Finish up some last minute oot bag purchases and put together oot bag kits

~Exchange FI jacket

~Figure out if im going to spend the money to alter my TTD

~Find shoes for BM

~Find shirt for GM

~Book entertainment, spa appointments, and pick out menu

~Choose songs

~Finish up some scheduling stuff

~Guestbook

~AHR details still need to be figured out

~Pack!!!

 

I think thats pretty much most of it!



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by kitty25967 View Post

 

 

 

*I had my TTD altered.  I think it will be well worth it in the pictures.

*Please keep me up to date on your bridesmaids shoes b/c I had bought flip flops for mine (which I am still giving them) when I had more bridesmaids but now that I'm down to 3 then I think I would like for them to have something a little nicer?

 

Kitty, did you see the flip flops I posted the other day that my bridesmaids are wearing?  Are you looking for a special color or anything?

 

 

Originally Posted by Brandy View Post

 

~I have to put together our AHR invites, hopefully this will only take me a day to do with the help of FI

~Finish up my Welcome Books

~Thank you cards to parents/bridal party

~Finish buying gifts

~Pick up FI ring

~Re-furbish my rings

~Send out brochures (this will be done this weekend)

~Finish up some last minute oot bag purchases and put together oot bag kits

~Exchange FI jacket

~Figure out if im going to spend the money to alter my TTD

~Find shoes for BM

~Find shirt for GM

~Book entertainment, spa appointments, and pick out menu

~Choose songs

~Finish up some scheduling stuff

~Guestbook

~AHR details still need to be figured out

~Pack!!!

 

I think thats pretty much most of it!

 

Brandy, have you looked at the Entire play list thread?  I can attach my play list that I've somewhat narrowed down to, when I get home tonight.  Or do you already have some things in the works?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Meggers - I know how you feel about the photography situation. For us, photography was the most important thing as well. We're super fortunate to walk into an amazing deal (as you've seen from my previous posts), and it happened at a great time because I was starting to doubt if I liked my current photographers work enough. Like it was good, but it wasn't really doing it for me anymore... Now I'm extremely happy with our choice. She's booked time to sit down with us before we leave and go over everything as well which is really comforting.

 

Brandy - OMG it's so close for you!!

 

Ellabaja - I'm happy I'm at the end of the month too. It'll be 8 weeks until we leave as of this Saturday. Even that seems insane to me! And of those 8 weeks, most of the weekends are already accounted for. Craziness.

 

My exciting dates coming up:

 

March 1st - I pick up my dress

March 26th - My shower

April 9th - My stagette

April 15th - We move into our new house (and are doing a weekend of reno's - tearing out the carpet, etc)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whew!  I've been away for a day and a half and lots of posts have happened:)  Thanks for everyone's support about my sister not coming.  I"m still a bit disgusted, and super hurt.  But not too surprised unfortunately.  *sigh*   Moving on...
 

Originally Posted by Lua View Post

you know what.. maybe i'll even start playing around with it tonight.  the last few days have been so stressfull and FI is going to be late from work anyway... maybe i'll just take some quiet time and start cutting out the fabric.

 

 

 

 

oh and we've finally almost got the notarizing thing solved.  i ended up calling MY lawyer who knew exactly what needed to be done. i'm going friday morning with our originals and he'll take care of everything for me. all for 'free' ... ;) providing i make a min. donation of $40 to the local hospital foundation


Great!  I'm glad you got it figured out.  And maybe your donation will be tax-deductible:)

 



Originally Posted by kitty25967 View Post

I also got my labels printed last night for my hand sanitizers.  These are for the pocketbacs from Bath & Body Works.  I bought tropical scents.  My mom has volunteered to put these on for me! yay!  We kind of work as a team on the DIY projects, I design and start it and she finishes it for me woot.gif

Labels_Sanitizers.JPG


These are SO CUTE!  Love the saying.  You're the DIY queen!  Congrats on getting it all done.

 


 

Originally Posted by Brandy View Post

I need some help, of course we are still trying to figure out our first dance, do you ladies think this song is first dance worthy????

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpAWEnGSwr4


Great song!  It'll be a tear-jerker for sure.  It is hard to find songs that aren't super over-played.  I heard "Marry Me" by Train almost a year ago, loved it, aaaaaaaand then the radio stations found it and now play it several times an hour.  Still a great song, but I'm tiring of it.

 



Originally Posted by Meggers7484 View Post

Kitty, I definitely hear you!! It can all get very overwhelming. I think starting your planning thread now is a great idea. I also find that making organized lists really helps. Getting it all captured somewhere should help ease your mind.

 

Ladies I am totally freaking out right now. I switched photogs once already and now I want to do it again!! I can't though because we will not only lose the deposit but the whole cost of the first photographer!!! msncry.gif

 

Photography was THE biggest decision for me and I SO spent time researching it but somehow I missed this other photographer who's pricing is reasonable and his stuff is amazing. Now I am really uspet and I don't know what to do.

I'm sorry you're having photog freaks.  If you're still happy with photog #2, just go with it!  There will always be others.  Now quit looking at other photogs;)

 

 

 

My big thing right now is stopping myself from over-booking us in Maui.  I'm a serious planner, my To Do lists have To Do lists.  I want to do all of these active things in Maui, but know we should just take it easy.  We have a few excursions planned, and I'm trying to be okay with just chilling.  Even typing that I realize how silly it sounds.  I really just can't wait to be on a gorgeous island, with my FI, sipping a Pina Colada.  We leave 6 weeks from Saturday!!

 


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i am SO excited to tell you all that it is FINALLY snowing here in Portland! Nothing like what all you ladies get but at least theres white on the ground and just keeps coming down! Hoping for Arctic Blast 2011! My daughter got to play in it for the first time today and absolutely loved it! Snow much fun wink.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by tris View Post

 

My exciting dates coming up:

 

March 1st - I pick up my dress

March 26th - My shower

April 9th - My stagette

April 15th - We move into our new house (and are doing a weekend of reno's - tearing out the carpet, etc)

I still can't believe you guys are doing the move and reno's.  You'll be so busy, but it'll be fun!

 

My exciting dates are:

March 7th-  spa day with the girls who can't make Vegas

March 25th- VEGAS bachelorette bash.  The place may go down in flames after we leaveangel1.gif

April 2nd- half marathon (not the smartest planning, but oh well!)

April 9th- we leave!

April 11th- We Get Maui'd

April 18th- come home:(

April 23rd- Easter Run 10K

April 30th- Our AHR

 

We still need to:

-order FIs ring

-make signs for AHR

        *eat, drink, be maui'd

        *come up with one for the cigar bar

        *"love is sweet" for the candy bar

         *come up with one for the photobooth  (anyone have ideas??)

-order shirt for FI (found one on island importer we love)

-find nice flip flops for him

-get my rings replated

-buy earrings for me

-do BD session

-make final vendor payments

-start a packing list (anyone have one??)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by tris View Post

 

Ellabaja - I'm happy I'm at the end of the month too. It'll be 8 weeks until we leave as of this Saturday. Even that seems insane to me! And of those 8 weeks, most of the weekends are already accounted for. Craziness.

 

My exciting dates coming up:

 

March 1st - I pick up my dress

March 26th - My shower

April 9th - My stagette

April 15th - We move into our new house (and are doing a weekend of reno's - tearing out the carpet, etc)

 

My weekends are just about filled up.  I think this weekend is the only one that's really open....  I'm super excited for you to move into your new house!  Yay!!!

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by greysgirl View Post

 

Great song!  It'll be a tear-jerker for sure.  It is hard to find songs that aren't super over-played.  I heard "Marry Me" by Train almost a year ago, loved it, aaaaaaaand then the radio stations found it and now play it several times an hour.  Still a great song, but I'm tiring of it.

My big thing right now is stopping myself from over-booking us in Maui.  I'm a serious planner, my To Do lists have To Do lists.  I want to do all of these active things in Maui, but know we should just take it easy.  We have a few excursions planned, and I'm trying to be okay with just chilling.  Even typing that I realize how silly it sounds.  I really just can't wait to be on a gorgeous island, with my FI, sipping a Pina Colada.  We leave 6 weeks from Saturday!!

 

 

Brandy, I agree with greys, GREAT song!  Absolutely love it!!! 

Greys, I felt like you a couple of weeks ago, my to do lists definitely had their own to do lists, and I'm not even a serious planner.

 

 

Originally Posted by Teira1031 View Post

 

i am SO excited to tell you all that it is FINALLY snowing here in Portland! Nothing like what all you ladies get but at least theres white on the ground and just keeps coming down! Hoping for Arctic Blast 2011! My daughter got to play in it for the first time today and absolutely loved it! Snow much fun wink.gif

 

I'm glad you finally got your snow!  We are suppose to get hit pretty hard here tomorrow.  Another 8-12" last I heard.  It's okay though, most of our stuff has melted.  We need a fresh batch!

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by greysgirl View Post

 

My exciting dates are:

March 7th-  spa day with the girls who can't make Vegas

March 25th- VEGAS bachelorette bash.  The place may go down in flames after we leaveangel1.gif

April 2nd- half marathon (not the smartest planning, but oh well!)

April 9th- we leave!

April 11th- We Get Maui'd

April 18th- come home:(

April 23rd- Easter Run 10K

April 30th- Our AHR

 

We still need to:

-order FIs ring

-make signs for AHR

        *eat, drink, be maui'd

        *come up with one for the cigar bar

        *"love is sweet" for the candy bar

         *come up with one for the photobooth  (anyone have ideas??)

-order shirt for FI (found one on island importer we love)

-find nice flip flops for him

-get my rings replated

-buy earrings for me

-do BD session

-make final vendor payments

-start a packing list (anyone have one??)

 

I have a master list I found somewhere else.  I'm going to attach it in a separate post.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, I have a couple of things I wanted to post... 

 

Brandy, just in case you'd like to look at a BIG list...  here is what I have so far.  We are still cutting ours down from this, but I wanted to share it with you....

 

 

 

 

 

Greys, when I say master, I mean MASTER here...  It's got just about everything you could ask for I think....

 

 

 

Final Play List.docx

Master Packing List.docx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HI Ladies!!!  I've had such a hectic/stressful day at work and literally had no time to come on here!!! Tomorrow should be better though (thankfully)

 

I just wanted to come say hi and say that I got my last Vista Print order!!! i'm sOOOO happy with how everything turned out!!!

 

I got my mom her own hat after she saw the "Bride" one I got on my first Vista order back in the fall (my bride one is the same font) and decided she wanted one of her own lol

 

DSC03122.jpg

 

Here's my DND cards!!! Totally copied the idea!!! ;) (i'm going to give FI the job to do the cutting for the door handle)

DSC03125.jpg

 

And... my Welcome Letter! Which I also copied from someone on here lol ... and plan on attaching to the OOT bags with ribbon

 

Front:

DSC03123.jpg

 

Back:

DSC03124.jpg

 

Seeing these was totally the highlight of my day!!! lol

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


I love!!!!!

particularly the back - soooooo cute

Originally Posted by Lua View Post

HI Ladies!!!  I've had such a hectic/stressful day at work and literally had no time to come on here!!! Tomorrow should be better though (thankfully)

 

I just wanted to come say hi and say that I got my last Vista Print order!!! i'm sOOOO happy with how everything turned out!!!

 

I got my mom her own hat after she saw the "Bride" one I got on my first Vista order back in the fall (my bride one is the same font) and decided she wanted one of her own lol

 

DSC03122.jpg

 

Here's my DND cards!!! Totally copied the idea!!! ;) (i'm going to give FI the job to do the cutting for the door handle)

DSC03125.jpg

 

And... my Welcome Letter! Which I also copied from someone on here lol ... and plan on attaching to the OOT bags with ribbon

 

Front:

DSC03123.jpg

 

Back:

DSC03124.jpg

 

Seeing these was totally the highlight of my day!!! lol

 

 

 



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • After the wedding, the wedding dress purchased at a high price can be kept in the wardrobe, or it can be sold as a second-hand wedding dress for some cash. If you're in the market to sell your wedding dress or looking to buy a used one, you may be tempted to turn to large online marketplaces like Ebay and Craigslist. While these popular websites are great for listing and buying everyday purchases, a website specifically for used wedding dresses can probably offer you a better deal and a more user-friendly service for this very niche (and important) wedding day purchase.  Tips for Selling Used Wedding Dresses
      Whether you aren't the sentimental type or you're just savvy, selling your used wedding dress is an easy way to recoup some money from your wedding. If your dress is in good condition, consider listing it online over selling it to a thrift store, where your listing will reach a greater volume of potential buyers and can be more easily shared and promoted. A used wedding dress in great condition and under two years old can usually sell for 50 percent of the retail price. And, if your dress is a more recognizable brand like Oscar de la Renta or Vera Wang, you could make closer to 60 percent of its retail value. Even if your gown isn't designer, don't give up hope—since there's a large demand for all kinds of second hand wedding dresses, a designer label doesn't necessarily mean your dress will sell faster. Not to mention, mermaid dresses are also in high demand, so you shouldn't worry if you're not a sample size. Tips for Buying Used Wedding Dresses
      Buying a used wedding dress can be a bit of a gamble, but as long you're cautious, it's a thrifty way to snag a designer wedding dress for half the retail value. Plus, if you get lucky and buy a wedding dress from someone with a similar body type, you may not have to make too many alterations, which also cuts down on your costs. As long as the gown you found looks to be in good condition (if you can't see it in person, make sure photos show it clearly from all angles or ask to Skype with the seller to get a better look), a used wedding gown can be a terrific deal. A few tips: Since your dress will have to be custom-tailored to your body regardless, a larger size is easier to work with where alterations are concerned. Fabric can always be subtracted, but adding more fabric that perfectly matches the rest of the gown can be difficult (not to mention expensive!). And because you're getting the wedding dress for a steal, you can put some of the money you save toward making sure it fits like a glove (and some extra dry-cleaning if necessary).
    • When brides takes off her wedding dress and begins her marriage life,the first problem after wedding is to modify her name. You have a marriage license with your new last name, doesn't mean you've officially changed your name. Which aspects should be paid attention to to change the surname?
      1. Get your marriage license.
      Before you can change your name, you'll need the original (or certified) marriage license with the raised seal. Call the clerk's office where your license was filed to get copies if one wasn't automatically sent to you. 2. Change your Social Security card.
      Visit the Social Security Administration's website and fill out the application for a new Social Security card. You'll keep the same number—just your name will be different. Mail in your application to the local Social Security Administration office. You should get your new card within 10 business days. 3. Change your license at the DMV.
      Take a trip to the local Department of Motor Vehicles office to get a new license with your new last name. Bring every form of identification you can get your hands on—your old license, your certified marriage certificate and, most importantly, your new Social Security card. 4. Change your bank accounts.
      This one's a biggie, especially if you're setting up a joint bank account, or if you have one already set up. The fastest way to change your name at your bank is to go into a branch location, bringing your new driver's license and your marriage certificate. You should request new checks and debit and credit cards on top of changing the name attached to your accounts. Something to note: You might get hit with fees for requesting a new debit card. 5. Fill in the blanks
      Once you have a social security card and driver's license in your married name, other changes should be fairly easy. Some places only require a phone call; others may ask for a copy of your marriage certificate or social security card. Be sure to notify: -Employers/payroll
      -Post office
      -Electric and other utility companies
      -Credit card companies
      -Schools and alumni associations
      -Landlord or mortgage company
      -Insurance companies (auto, home, life)
      -Doctors' offices
      -Voter registration office
      -Investment account providers
      -Your attorney (to update legal documents, including your will)
      -Passport office
      -Airlines (to transfer over your miles)
    • Planning to get married? Let’s discover some great wedding venues in Bangalore. The increasing demand for the wedding venues in Bangalore makes it very difficult for both the bride’s and groom’s family to get hold of a marriage hall that is suitable for the marriage. As they say, marriages have to be organized in a grand fashion. The atmosphere and the ambiance of a wedding make it memorable for a lifetime. Though there are a plenty of wedding venues in Bangalore, there is only a handful of them that are really good, Offering the best possible experience.  Some of the most popular wedding venues in Bangalore are: THE TAMARIND TREE: Tamarind Tree has the old world charm. This is one of the best wedding venues in Bangalore that boast about its eco-friendly surrounding. Built in the middle of a few acres of garden filled with lush greenery and trees, which also includes the tamarind tree after which it was named, a pond, a stage for the band, classic looking pavilions for the guests to sit, and a lot of spaces around the area. The premise has two large kitchens with a very special fully stocked bar and a lot of space where the guests can dine comfortably. The place can accommodate up to 1000 guests. Customer Reviews : Address: 88, Kanakapura road, Anjanapura post, Avalahalli, Royal Park residency layout 2, 9th phase. JP Nagar, Bangalore 560062 THE COURTYARD HOUSE: The courtyard house is located off Sarjapur Road, the premise is a unique and unconventional property suited for various events, namely weddings. The outdoor space of courtyard house draws in people looking to get away from the traffic and noise in the city, well within the city limits. The green grass and tall trees make for great photographic backdrops making it popular for wedding events. Customer Reviews : Address: Janatha Colony, Gunjur Palya, Bengaluru 560087 RITZ-CARLTON:   The Ritz-Carlton has over 277 spacious rooms and suites and is one of the most luxurious hotels in Bangalore. Seven luxurious restaurants, the Ritz-Carlton spa, and tastefully appointed meeting spaces make it ideal to host marriage occasions. Customer Reviews : Address: 99, Residency Road, Shanthala Nagar, Ashok Nagar, Bengaluru 560025 BALAN FARM CONVENTION CENTER: Balan farm is a green, wooded island of peace and serenity nestled quietly in the busy rapidly developing JP Nagar. Neighboring the Brigade Millenium Apartments and L&T South city it spreads across two acres of an old orchard retaining the ancient fruit-bearing trees and landscaped gardens. Balan Farm convention center JP Nagar has over 10,000 sq ft of the tiled canopy without any walls blocking and it makes for a really good view. Customer Reviews : Address: 99/4, Nataraja Layout, JP Nagar 7th Phase, Bengaluru 560078 HYATT MG ROAD: Hyatt a 5 Star hotels in Bangalore is located on MG Road. The guest rooms are colorful with a great view of the city, this makes it an ideal place for private ceremonies with 2300 sq ft of meeting and event space. The Hyatt MG road, Bangalore also has restaurants like the Pink Poppadom, Liquid Lounge, and Bar. Customer Reviews : Address: 1/1, Swami Vivekananda Road, Someshwarpura, Ulsoor, Bengaluru 560008 BUNGALOW 7 Bungalow7 offers a unique setting for a wedding, pre-wedding and post-wedding functions. The place hosts a variety of public and private events all within a stunning heritage setting of central Bangalore. Customer Reviews : Address: 7, Hall Road, Richards Town, Bengaluru 560005 GAYATRI VIHAR MANTAPA: Gayatri Vihar is one of the most luxurious wedding halls situated on Palace ground. It boasts of a massive one lakh sq ft area which can easily accommodate up to 5000 guests. The ambiance of the place makes it ideal for community gatherings and private parties. Customer Reviews : Address: Jayamahal Palace Ground, Bengaluru 560080
    • My best friend is getting married with his long-term girlfriend next month. As a best friend, I want to give them the best present they would ever receive on their special day. I am planning to buy them plane tickets and book them for a one week trip abroad. However, I am torn between Ukraine ski trip and a tour to Lima, Peru. My best friend loves skiing and his future wife is a chef, so I presume she would want to experience a Peruvian taste. Now, I am confused. Which is which? I would appreciate it if you guys will leave a comment to help me out with this. Suggesting a way better idea which will accommodate the two activities for the soon-to-be wedded couple is a big help too. Thanks!    
    • Hello all!! I'm getting married next week. Every arrangement has been done by my sister for my special day. When I joined in an MNC I was troubled with severe headaches and as per my colleague's instruction, I took an appointment in a nearby eye clinic. And after an eye examination in Toronto, the eye specialist diagnosed hypermetropia in me. And the doctor prescribed eyeglasses for me. The doctor suggested me to wear eyeglasses during the working time. But I used to wear it sometimes not every day. Then I was troubled with severe eye strain and headache and mom was scolding me to wear eyeglasses every day. I thought of saying goodbye to eyeglasses forever. I'm planning for a Lasik eye surgery soon before my marriage. I don't know whether I'm eligible for Lasik eye surgery. I'm tensed about its recovery time and its complications. Can someone help me by sharing your views?  
  • Topics

×