April 2011 Brides

Tennyt1

*I had my TTD altered.  I think it will be well worth it in the pictures.

*Please keep me up to date on your bridesmaids shoes b/c I had bought flip flops for mine (which I am still giving them) when I had more bridesmaids but now that I'm down to 3 then I think I would like for them to have something a little nicer?

Originally Posted by Brandy View Post

~I have to put together our AHR invites, hopefully this will only take me a day to do with the help of FI

~Finish up my Welcome Books

~Thank you cards to parents/bridal party

~Finish buying gifts

~Pick up FI ring

~Re-furbish my rings

~Send out brochures (this will be done this weekend)

~Finish up some last minute oot bag purchases and put together oot bag kits

~Exchange FI jacket

~Figure out if im going to spend the money to alter my TTD

~Find shoes for BM

~Find shirt for GM

~Book entertainment, spa appointments, and pick out menu

~Choose songs

~Finish up some scheduling stuff

~Guestbook

~AHR details still need to be figured out

~Pack!!!

I think thats pretty much most of it!

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally Posted by kitty25967 View Post

*I had my TTD altered.  I think it will be well worth it in the pictures.

*Please keep me up to date on your bridesmaids shoes b/c I had bought flip flops for mine (which I am still giving them) when I had more bridesmaids but now that I'm down to 3 then I think I would like for them to have something a little nicer?

Kitty, did you see the flip flops I posted the other day that my bridesmaids are wearing?  Are you looking for a special color or anything?

~I have to put together our AHR invites, hopefully this will only take me a day to do with the help of FI

~Finish up my Welcome Books

~Thank you cards to parents/bridal party

~Finish buying gifts

~Pick up FI ring

~Re-furbish my rings

~Send out brochures (this will be done this weekend)

~Finish up some last minute oot bag purchases and put together oot bag kits

~Exchange FI jacket

~Figure out if im going to spend the money to alter my TTD

~Find shoes for BM

~Find shirt for GM

~Book entertainment, spa appointments, and pick out menu

~Choose songs

~Finish up some scheduling stuff

~Guestbook

~AHR details still need to be figured out

~Pack!!!

I think thats pretty much most of it!

Brandy, have you looked at the Entire play list thread?  I can attach my play list that I've somewhat narrowed down to, when I get home tonight.  Or do you already have some things in the works?

Meggers - I know how you feel about the photography situation. For us, photography was the most important thing as well. We're super fortunate to walk into an amazing deal (as you've seen from my previous posts), and it happened at a great time because I was starting to doubt if I liked my current photographers work enough. Like it was good, but it wasn't really doing it for me anymore... Now I'm extremely happy with our choice. She's booked time to sit down with us before we leave and go over everything as well which is really comforting.

Brandy - OMG it's so close for you!!

Ellabaja - I'm happy I'm at the end of the month too. It'll be 8 weeks until we leave as of this Saturday. Even that seems insane to me! And of those 8 weeks, most of the weekends are already accounted for. Craziness.

My exciting dates coming up:

March 1st - I pick up my dress

March 26th - My shower

April 9th - My stagette

April 15th - We move into our new house (and are doing a weekend of reno's - tearing out the carpet, etc)

Whew!  I've been away for a day and a half and lots of posts have happened:)  Thanks for everyone's support about my sister not coming.  I"m still a bit disgusted, and super hurt.  But not too surprised unfortunately.  *sigh*   Moving on...

Originally Posted by Lua View Post

you know what.. maybe i'll even start playing around with it tonight.  the last few days have been so stressfull and FI is going to be late from work anyway... maybe i'll just take some quiet time and start cutting out the fabric.

oh and we've finally almost got the notarizing thing solved.  i ended up calling MY lawyer who knew exactly what needed to be done. i'm going friday morning with our originals and he'll take care of everything for me. all for 'free' ... ;) providing i make a min. donation of $40 to the local hospital foundation

Great!  I'm glad you got it figured out.  And maybe your donation will be tax-deductible:)

Originally Posted by kitty25967 View Post

I also got my labels printed last night for my hand sanitizers.  These are for the pocketbacs from Bath & Body Works.  I bought tropical scents.  My mom has volunteered to put these on for me! yay!  We kind of work as a team on the DIY projects, I design and start it and she finishes it for me woot.gif

Labels_Sanitizers.JPG

These are SO CUTE!  Love the saying.  You're the DIY queen!  Congrats on getting it all done.

I need some help, of course we are still trying to figure out our first dance, do you ladies think this song is first dance worthy????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpAWEnGSwr4

Great song!  It'll be a tear-jerker for sure.  It is hard to find songs that aren't super over-played.  I heard "Marry Me" by Train almost a year ago, loved it, aaaaaaaand then the radio stations found it and now play it several times an hour.  Still a great song, but I'm tiring of it.

Originally Posted by Meggers7484 View Post

Kitty, I definitely hear you!! It can all get very overwhelming. I think starting your planning thread now is a great idea. I also find that making organized lists really helps. Getting it all captured somewhere should help ease your mind.

Ladies I am totally freaking out right now. I switched photogs once already and now I want to do it again!! I can't though because we will not only lose the deposit but the whole cost of the first photographer!!! msncry.gif

Photography was THE biggest decision for me and I SO spent time researching it but somehow I missed this other photographer who's pricing is reasonable and his stuff is amazing. Now I am really uspet and I don't know what to do.

I'm sorry you're having photog freaks.  If you're still happy with photog #2, just go with it!  There will always be others.  Now quit looking at other photogs;)

My big thing right now is stopping myself from over-booking us in Maui.  I'm a serious planner, my To Do lists have To Do lists.  I want to do all of these active things in Maui, but know we should just take it easy.  We have a few excursions planned, and I'm trying to be okay with just chilling.  Even typing that I realize how silly it sounds.  I really just can't wait to be on a gorgeous island, with my FI, sipping a Pina Colada.  We leave 6 weeks from Saturday!!

i am SO excited to tell you all that it is FINALLY snowing here in Portland! Nothing like what all you ladies get but at least theres white on the ground and just keeps coming down! Hoping for Arctic Blast 2011! My daughter got to play in it for the first time today and absolutely loved it! Snow much fun wink.gif

Originally Posted by tris View Post

March 26th - My shower

April 9th - My stagette

April 15th - We move into our new house (and are doing a weekend of reno's - tearing out the carpet, etc)

I still can't believe you guys are doing the move and reno's.  You'll be so busy, but it'll be fun!

My exciting dates are:

March 7th-  spa day with the girls who can't make Vegas

March 25th- VEGAS bachelorette bash.  The place may go down in flames after we leaveangel1.gif

April 2nd- half marathon (not the smartest planning, but oh well!)

April 9th- we leave!

April 11th- We Get Maui'd

April 18th- come home:(

April 23rd- Easter Run 10K

April 30th- Our AHR

We still need to:

-order FIs ring

-make signs for AHR

*eat, drink, be maui'd

*come up with one for the cigar bar

*"love is sweet" for the candy bar

*come up with one for the photobooth  (anyone have ideas??)

-order shirt for FI (found one on island importer we love)

-find nice flip flops for him

-get my rings replated

-buy earrings for me

-do BD session

-make final vendor payments

-start a packing list (anyone have one??)

Originally Posted by tris View Post

Ellabaja - I'm happy I'm at the end of the month too. It'll be 8 weeks until we leave as of this Saturday. Even that seems insane to me! And of those 8 weeks, most of the weekends are already accounted for. Craziness.

March 26th - My shower

April 9th - My stagette

My weekends are just about filled up.  I think this weekend is the only one that's really open....  I'm super excited for you to move into your new house!  Yay!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by greysgirl View Post

Great song!  It'll be a tear-jerker for sure.  It is hard to find songs that aren't super over-played.  I heard "Marry Me" by Train almost a year ago, loved it, aaaaaaaand then the radio stations found it and now play it several times an hour.  Still a great song, but I'm tiring of it.

My big thing right now is stopping myself from over-booking us in Maui.  I'm a serious planner, my To Do lists have To Do lists.  I want to do all of these active things in Maui, but know we should just take it easy.  We have a few excursions planned, and I'm trying to be okay with just chilling.  Even typing that I realize how silly it sounds.  I really just can't wait to be on a gorgeous island, with my FI, sipping a Pina Colada.  We leave 6 weeks from Saturday!!

Brandy, I agree with greys, GREAT song!  Absolutely love it!!! 

Greys, I felt like you a couple of weeks ago, my to do lists definitely had their own to do lists, and I'm not even a serious planner.

Originally Posted by Teira1031 View Post

i am SO excited to tell you all that it is FINALLY snowing here in Portland! Nothing like what all you ladies get but at least theres white on the ground and just keeps coming down! Hoping for Arctic Blast 2011! My daughter got to play in it for the first time today and absolutely loved it! Snow much fun wink.gif

I'm glad you finally got your snow!  We are suppose to get hit pretty hard here tomorrow.  Another 8-12" last I heard.  It's okay though, most of our stuff has melted.  We need a fresh batch!

Quote:

Originally Posted by greysgirl View Post

My exciting dates are:

March 7th-  spa day with the girls who can't make Vegas

March 25th- VEGAS bachelorette bash.  The place may go down in flames after we leaveangel1.gif

April 2nd- half marathon (not the smartest planning, but oh well!)

April 9th- we leave!

April 11th- We Get Maui'd

April 18th- come home:(

April 23rd- Easter Run 10K

April 30th- Our AHR

We still need to:

-order FIs ring

-make signs for AHR

*eat, drink, be maui'd

*come up with one for the cigar bar

*"love is sweet" for the candy bar

*come up with one for the photobooth  (anyone have ideas??)

-order shirt for FI (found one on island importer we love)

-find nice flip flops for him

-get my rings replated

-buy earrings for me

-do BD session

-make final vendor payments

-start a packing list (anyone have one??)

I have a master list I found somewhere else.  I'm going to attach it in a separate post.

So, I have a couple of things I wanted to post... 

Brandy, just in case you'd like to look at a BIG list...  here is what I have so far.  We are still cutting ours down from this, but I wanted to share it with you....

Greys, when I say master, I mean MASTER here...  It's got just about everything you could ask for I think....

Final Play List.docx

Master Packing List.docx

HI Ladies!!!  I've had such a hectic/stressful day at work and literally had no time to come on here!!! Tomorrow should be better though (thankfully)

I just wanted to come say hi and say that I got my last Vista Print order!!! i'm sOOOO happy with how everything turned out!!!

I got my mom her own hat after she saw the "Bride" one I got on my first Vista order back in the fall (my bride one is the same font) and decided she wanted one of her own lol

DSC03122.jpg

Here's my DND cards!!! Totally copied the idea!!! ;) (i'm going to give FI the job to do the cutting for the door handle)

DSC03125.jpg

And... my Welcome Letter! Which I also copied from someone on here lol ... and plan on attaching to the OOT bags with ribbon

Front:

DSC03123.jpg

Back:

DSC03124.jpg

Seeing these was totally the highlight of my day!!! lol

I love!!!!!

particularly the back - soooooo cute

Originally Posted by Lua View Post

HI Ladies!!!  I've had such a hectic/stressful day at work and literally had no time to come on here!!! Tomorrow should be better though (thankfully)

I just wanted to come say hi and say that I got my last Vista Print order!!! i'm sOOOO happy with how everything turned out!!!

I got my mom her own hat after she saw the "Bride" one I got on my first Vista order back in the fall (my bride one is the same font) and decided she wanted one of her own lol

DSC03122.jpg

Here's my DND cards!!! Totally copied the idea!!! ;) (i'm going to give FI the job to do the cutting for the door handle)

DSC03125.jpg

And... my Welcome Letter! Which I also copied from someone on here lol ... and plan on attaching to the OOT bags with ribbon

Front:

DSC03123.jpg

Back:

DSC03124.jpg

Seeing these was totally the highlight of my day!!! lol