Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Tennyt1

April 2011 Brides

Recommended Posts

 

 

Originally Posted by Brandy View Post

 

Well the only thing we have accomplished so far is send out the STDs, booked the resort, booked our rooms, booked our flights, and my invitations are done as well, but I wont be sending those out until December.  Still havent gone dress shopping yet though, I think thats the only thing Im behind on.

 

I'm in about the same position as Brandy, having booked the rooms and flights, sent out the STDs, completed invitations, and I'm in the process of confirming our photographer and getting initial quotes from the florist.  Haven't even begun to look at dresses or wedding bands yet.  It's actually amazing how quickly things start to come together and get "checked off the list".

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, yeah I forgot, and we booked the photographer!  And we have our wedding bands! I think Ive accomplished a lot more than I thought LOL!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have put a deposit on the wedding package at the resort, I just received the booking for the stay at the resort that we are going to put the deposit on tomorrow, but we have not done anything with flights yet as we are hoping they still go down a little.  I have my dress, we have our bands, we've booked the photographer, we sent out the STDs which we used as our invites for those invited to Mexico, and I've picked out my flowers, but only for my bouquet. 

 

Oh! and I received the one big gift I am giving my bridal party today, so that's one more thing DONE!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by Ellabaja1983 View Post

 

We have put a deposit on the wedding package at the resort, I just received the booking for the stay at the resort that we are going to put the deposit on tomorrow, but we have not done anything with flights yet as we are hoping they still go down a little.  I have my dress, we have our bands, we've booked the photographer, we sent out the STDs which we used as our invites for those invited to Mexico, and I've picked out my flowers, but only for my bouquet. 

 

Oh! and I received the one big gift I am giving my bridal party today, so that's one more thing DONE!!

 

 

Ellabaja, what "big" gift are you giving your bridal party?  I'm currently scouting out some options for the girls.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm pretty much in the same boat as everyone else around here..

 

- Trip is booked (flight + hotel) - deposit made

-Wedding reserved and confirmed with resort - reservation for Steakhouse confirmed as well

- STD emails sent

- FI's wedding attire purchased -- all but a belt!

- My ceremony sandals and reception shoes purchased

- Jewelery for wedding purchased (necklace and bracelet)

- Bands have been chosen but not purchased yet

- First order from Vista Print done = photo share cards, "bride" hat for me to wear on my runs in Jamaica

- Wish bracelets for guests half made

- bubbles purchased; still need to make and attach labels

- First aid kits for OOT bags made

 

And..

I'm actually going to start dress shopping this saturday!!! A local bridal shop is having their last weekend of a 25% off sale so fingers are crossed that I find something within or even BELOW budget!!! I wasn't expecting to start shopping until later on in the fall, but the lady at the shop got me concerned when she told me some dresses could take 4-6 months to come in and the holiday season won't help anything either!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yikes!!  You ladies are on it!!!  

 

I have soooo much to do.  I haven't sent out STD cards or booked travel.  Just working with the TA now trying to figure out the best options for guests.  (We have people staying for 1 and 2 weeks, but on different departure dates, unfortunately.)  We have yet to officially ask our bridal party--need to do that soon!!!  Everyone pretty much knows that it will be an April destination wedding, so it won't be a surprise for anyone, which is why we're skipping the STD's and going straight to invites.  I do (pretty much) have my dress selected -- just need to commit and take the plunge!  It's soooo hard with all the beautiful dresses out there.  

 

Are you guys including all the details in your wedding invitation, or having a wedding website with all the travel details??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Hello Cristina :

I have a TA , thanks god !! and i sent out the stds with his info on it so people in the family that would be interested could take a look, and reserve right away if they wanted to, i wanted to give them all enough notice to save the cash.
 

Originally Posted by cristina2011 View Post

Yikes!!  You ladies are on it!!!  

 

I have soooo much to do.  I haven't sent out STD cards or booked travel.  Just working with the TA now trying to figure out the best options for guests.  (We have people staying for 1 and 2 weeks, but on different departure dates, unfortunately.)  We have yet to officially ask our bridal party--need to do that soon!!!  Everyone pretty much knows that it will be an April destination wedding, so it won't be a surprise for anyone, which is why we're skipping the STD's and going straight to invites.  I do (pretty much) have my dress selected -- just need to commit and take the plunge!  It's soooo hard with all the beautiful dresses out there.  

 

Are you guys including all the details in your wedding invitation, or having a wedding website with all the travel details??



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by CSandCK2 View Post

 

 

 

 

 

Ellabaja, what "big" gift are you giving your bridal party?  I'm currently scouting out some options for the girls.

 

I had custom bags made for them.  A girl in my office had some bags made by a girl in a different office within our agency, and I loved them.  She has an etsy site so I was able to go on through there and order them.  I had the three bags made in the girls favorite colors, so I know they will love them!  When I originally selected my girls I had them do a mini questionnaire of about 5 or 6 questions, and one of them was "What is your favorite color?  What is your second favorite color?"  At that point I didn't know what I was going to do with the color, but it worked out perfectly. 

Now, I will either use these bags to include the girls OOT bag stuff and add additional gifts, or do something else with them, but I'm thinking the OOT bag stuff and a few other gifts specific to each girl.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like your bridal party will absolutely love the personalized bags...what a really thoughtful and sweet touch.  Thanks so much for sharing the great idea.  I also love the survey/questionnaire idea. 

 

Originally Posted by Ellabaja1983 View Post




I had custom bags made for them.  A girl in my office had some bags made by a girl in a different office within our agency, and I loved them.  She has an etsy site so I was able to go on through there and order them.  I had the three bags made in the girls favorite colors, so I know they will love them!  When I originally selected my girls I had them do a mini questionnaire of about 5 or 6 questions, and one of them was "What is your favorite color?  What is your second favorite color?"  At that point I didn't know what I was going to do with the color, but it worked out perfectly. 
Now, I will either use these bags to include the girls OOT bag stuff and add additional gifts, or do something else with them, but I'm thinking the OOT bag stuff and a few other gifts specific to each girl.



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From one Christina to another....you will start checking things off of your list in no time, so don't worry.  We set up a wedding website that included all of the travel details (different price options for different types of rooms, optional travel dates, etc.).  For the actual invitations it was in 2 parts: 1st part contained the actual wedding information (date, time, location, etc.), and the 2nd part contained information on when group travel rates were booked for and recommended contacting our travel agent (with her contact info listed) to book.  Our wedding website was also listed on the invite.  Hope that helps!

 

Originally Posted by cristina2011 View Post

Yikes!!  You ladies are on it!!!  

 

I have soooo much to do.  I haven't sent out STD cards or booked travel.  Just working with the TA now trying to figure out the best options for guests.  (We have people staying for 1 and 2 weeks, but on different departure dates, unfortunately.)  We have yet to officially ask our bridal party--need to do that soon!!!  Everyone pretty much knows that it will be an April destination wedding, so it won't be a surprise for anyone, which is why we're skipping the STD's and going straight to invites.  I do (pretty much) have my dress selected -- just need to commit and take the plunge!  It's soooo hard with all the beautiful dresses out there.  

 

Are you guys including all the details in your wedding invitation, or having a wedding website with all the travel details??



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×