Sign in to follow this  
Tennyt1

April 2011 Brides

If your curvy you just have to make the tie around underneath your bust, not at your natural waist when you focus on the part under your bust and put the tie there it makes you look thinner.

Those dresses are so pretty! I'm doing something similar for my bridesmaids. It's a convertable dress, but made out of really nice jersey fabric so it sits really nice and doesnt' look too much like a wrap dress. There are less colours to choose from though. I've got a sample for everyone to try on and it fits nicely on all shapes and sizes. I might have to get one of the ones that you found Brandy for myself!!

I got my dress from Etsy also: www.thejerseymaid.etsy.com

il_fullxfull.184528903.jpg

That is the exact dresses that I got for my sisters in the blue and they are bigger girls and comfortable with it on and they can wear it whichever way they want. Cost $80 for two and you can't beat that price!

Originally Posted by mochamakes3 View Post

I love those convertible dresses! I just wonder how they would look on someone that is curvy? I think even Avon sells one now for about $35!

I was just wondering, how close to the wedding is everyone getting their dress altered?

My very first fitting wont be until the 1st or 2nd week of March and I'm hoping that's enough time, I leave March 30th!

Which are marked down to 22.99??? What did I miss???

Originally Posted by mochamakes3 View Post

Really tempted to change themes to include turquoise because now it's marked down to $22.99! Too bad I already have chair sashes. sad.gif

I ordered my dress in July and there's still no word on when it's coming in!!  I'm getting impatient lol.  I was told late Jan to early feb...  I want to hold off on alterations as long as possible so I can lose more weight - I was thinking I'd try for March 1 as well, and I leave March 31.  A couple of my friends had theirs altered last year around the same time, and it only took around 2 weeks to get them back.  Hopefully that works!

Tenny, Convertible dresses from Avon.

Brandy, I had mine altered at the beginning of December because it was just so big. I'm worried I might have to get it done again. Plus I need the length fixed. But it only took a couple of weeks and I think she could have done it quicker. I guess it depends on how busy the seamstress is?

Awww... well I already have my dresses (I posted them a few back), but this would've been great.

I have my first dress fitting on Saturday... I'm getting it done by a little Chinese lady :)! She's charging me like half the price that the bridal shop was going to charge.