Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Tennyt1

April 2011 Brides

Recommended Posts

We're also looking at heading off the resort after our dinner reception to "Fusion". They have an amazing beach bar and fire dancers and live salsa...pretty authentic Mexican and we wanted something a little different than the resort bars that we'll be hitting up all week on the resort.

A bride in another DW forum recommended it (Sandos Brides forum)!! I love this site!!!

 

Playa Del Carmen Mexico Beach Hotel Bar & Grill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennyt1 View Post
cheer2.gif

Congrats Brandy!!! We are wedding date & time twins!!!!! And we are using the sister resort Sandals in Jamaica. ---I'm sure we can help each other!

cheer2.gif
Thank you! and congratulations to you too! Did you already book your wedding, and have you talked to any of the wedding coordinators yet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by EasterBride2011 View Post
Hello everyone!
I'm an April 21, 2011 bride. We're getting married at Sandos Playacar Beach Resort in Mexico. I'm sooooo excited!! I find it so much more real now that we've booked.
We've just got a great group rate of 1390 taxes in (April 18-25). We lucked out because two days before we officially booked, the price dropped from 1600 to 1390! We're booking with Signature, and they offer a one time price drop gaurantee. It probably won't drop again, but we're covered if it does :)
We needed 10 people to book with us to get the group rate, but that was no prob...my family is huge!
So excited!!!!
Hi! I'm getting married in Riviera Maya April 16. Thats a really great price!! You're the week after us. Our TA is saying the prices are high because of Easter. Did you run into this problem? Did the price drop for the airfare or the resort? I'm going to wait and hopefully there will be a sale!!! We also booked Claudia Rodriquez and in the process of hiring DJ Doremixx for the reception.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandy View Post
Thank you! and congratulations to you too! Did you already book your wedding, and have you talked to any of the wedding coordinators yet?
Yes we have booked already. And I actually just spoke to our coordinator last weekend her name is Barbie. She seems ok so far. And I know a lot of the decisions can be made when we get there. So now I'm trying to figure out what to do about photography - I think I would rather use someone outside of the resort. What about you? Where are you in your planning?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by nucci View Post
Hi! I'm getting married in Riviera Maya April 16. Thats a really great price!! You're the week after us. Our TA is saying the prices are high because of Easter. Did you run into this problem? Did the price drop for the airfare or the resort? I'm going to wait and hopefully there will be a sale!!! We also booked Claudia Rodriquez and in the process of hiring DJ Doremixx for the reception.
Isn't it so exciting planning a Mexico wedding!!! I'm pumped for Claudia!!

It was a group rate our TA got through Signature so I'm not sure which part, hotel or resort, dropped in price (Sunquest was a bit higher). My TA hasn't mentioned running into high prices b/c of Easter...maybe because we're getting a group price?? She just found rates on a number of places then we chose Sandos, but other places were comparable. She's a local TA in my town.

How did you find DJ Doremixx?

Good luck with planning!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are any of you sending out thank you for booking letters or anything like that. I was trying to find a thread on this topic, if you know of one please send me the link.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by EasterBride2011 View Post
Isn't it so exciting planning a Mexico wedding!!! I'm pumped for Claudia!!

It was a group rate our TA got through Signature so I'm not sure which part, hotel or resort, dropped in price (Sunquest was a bit higher). My TA hasn't mentioned running into high prices b/c of Easter...maybe because we're getting a group price?? She just found rates on a number of places then we chose Sandos, but other places were comparable. She's a local TA in my town.

How did you find DJ Doremixx?

Good luck with planning!
Hmmm. Hopefully our TA will find something with those kind of prices too!! We're still kind of high right now and waiting for a sale to happen at our resort. The group rate wasn't working for us, since we have people coming from all over. I think it'll all work out in the end!!

I found DJ Doremixx through another forum. My resort, The Iberostar, actaully has it's own and a few girls I talked to used them and said they were awesome!! It's a bit pricey but if it'll make the reception that much more fun I'll pay for it!!! Yes...I'm very excited about Claudia!! We are actually using Citilli Rico, who works with Claudia. The photos are insane!!!

Keep me updated and I'll do the same!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennyt1 View Post
What is everyone here doing about photographyhuh.gif I'm worried about picking the right photographer at the right price.
I found another forum where brides who got married at my resort posted reviews on their weddings. That's how I found our photographer and DJ. Try a search through bestdestinationwedding.com. Just put your resort name in and search it. Maybe something will come up!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi All,

 

I have a tentative date to get Married on April 11th 2011 at La Dreams Romana in the DR.

 

Anyone know about the weddings there? I'm also thinking about about just getting married on paper before going to simplify the whole process.. has anyone else done this?

 

** Dana

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×