April 2011 Brides

Tennyt1

all of the things you designed turned out fantastic i figured you had to be a graphic designer or something like that

Originally Posted by lesee View Post

After I designed all that stuff...I want to take a photoshop course... LOL...I always do things the hard way and assbackwards.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anybody else putting off planning their AHR? we havent arranged anything yet! I keep going back & forth between formal reception or totally casual bbq. Part of me wants to get dressed up again and have a little bit nicer than just a bbq but part of me doesnt even want to hassle with all this stuff again. We already had our dream wedding and put a lot of money into and I just dont want to end up spending a ton of money again!

We're having a very casual/informal "reception" - i'm still wearing my dress, even if it's for a little while. I'm determined to wear that thing again.

We've decided to order party platters from a local caribbean restaurant - my husband and I own a custom cupcake (and other desserts) company so I'll be taking care of the desserts - we've just rented tents, tables and chairs and using my husbands parents back yard.

:)

Location is our biggest issue right now, we dont know anybody with a big enough/nice enough back yard because that would be ideal so we have to rent a location which seems to be extremely expensive! So we're hoping to find a city owned park that we can rent for way cheaper then we'll rent tables & chairs and have a mexican restaurant cater and do a taco bar to keep with the DW theme also :) How soon are you doing yours?

Originally Posted by lesee View Post

We're having a very casual/informal "reception" - i'm still wearing my dress, even if it's for a little while. I'm determined to wear that thing again.

We've decided to order party platters from a local caribbean restaurant - my husband and I own a custom cupcake (and other desserts) company so I'll be taking care of the desserts - we've just rented tents, tables and chairs and using my husbands parents back yard.

:)

We're doing ours on June 11th. My husband is half dutch and has a huge family so it was really important to his mom to be able to have an event that family could come to. She was determined to host it. It was important to us to be able to have our friends at an event as well. 

I know most of the ladies on this forum have been planning their wedding for a year or more and "planned out" but we were engaged and married within 4 months so I can't complain about the planning part. I have grandiose decor ideas but I don't know if we can afford to facilitate them! lol

We booked a restaurant for our AHR. Because it is still out of town for us, I didn't want to rush around getting stuff done the day of or before. The only thing we have done is reserve the date and inform a few people. I really want to get the formal invitations out this week because it is in about 8 weeks.

Elese, I didn't know you did desserts. I'm trying to decide if we should do a formal cake, cupcakes or what for the AHR. What do you think is a more original, not again, choice?

hmmmm....I think that having a cake and cupcakes are kind of cool, macarons, or PIES....I'm totally digging PIE right now! IF you do do a cake, maybe go for buttercream instead of a fondant covered cake? It's more whimsical....and in right now. OR you could do a candy bar. Some of the weddings we're doing this summer - they're going for the candy bar. If you need a little inspiration, check out Amy Atlas' blog

My husband and I started the company in September. :) I'm actually a musician who's day job is in finance. As I'm finding it too much to tour and getting more than a little tired of the industry BS (besides that I've been doing music since I was 12 but started when I was 4) I've been searching for another creative outlet. I'm getting more into teaching (voice/piano) and hopefully our lil company will develop more into more of a primary shindig than just a side project.

Elese - thanks for the ideas. I was planning a candy bar and then something extra. Maybe a tiered cupcake stand with a cake on top? I don't really like the thick coated feeling of fondant and buttercream is so much more fun to work with. I just need to decide so that I can start making any flowers and such.

I would love to take on a more creative outlet, especially once babies come along!