April 2011 Brides

Tennyt1

Meggers, we talked about last night and he decided that he does really like the two that I sent and he was just surprised that I would let another man take those photos. He also admitted that he didn't want to talk at first because he would probably say things he would regret later. Unfortunately, in my line of work it is usual to expect to be away from home. We have to go wherever the jobsite happens to be. I will be looking for another job that doesn't involve so much time away. Unfortunately, working here also means that our dream wedding has been a breeze to pay for, completely by us, and we have a nice little nest egg saved up. It was a sacrifice and in 12 days it will be over.

Oh yeah, and I had ordered a book from Shutterfly with my bd pictures in it, and it never arrived. They are sending another one, but now I wonder where the first one ended up. FI was telling me that it's probably posted up in some customs office.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sherri I hope your weekend got better:)  Hang in there.  Once he sees those pics and realizes how much he loves them, he'll feel badly for giving you grief.  Then hopefully you can laugh about it.

My weekend was super productive!  Had my dress fitting, and it only needs a slight alteration in the chest plus the bustle!  Finally, something cheap!  LOL  2011 051.jpg

The bad news is that I can't wear those super cute purple starfish flip flops I had made b/c they're only 2" wedges and my AHR shoes are 4".  I bought some 3 1/2 " plain white glittery wedges from VS as a back up, and I'll have to wear those.  Boo!  Any ideas on what I should do to sass them up?

I also picked up the last of my candy holders for our candy buffet, ordered FI his flip flops from ALDO for the ceremony, bought my hair piece and earrings, bought ribbons to go underneath the candy labels and finalized my honeymoon outfits.  Whew!  Great weekend.  But, still no ring for FI!  He asked last night if I'd be upset if he got married in a "stand in" ring if the one we find won't be in by the time we leave. 

Hey girls, Sorry to hear about some of the negative stuff going on. I have some negative news of my own.  I picked up my wedding band this weekend and I don't like it with my ring.  They are not a set but they seemed to work together in the store when I picked it out.  1) the coloring is off, which they say they can fix so they are doing rhodium plating (sp?) on my engagement ring and 2) the fit is wrong.  I'm hoping it will mesh better when the coloring is fixed, but I don't know.  So, I'm a little sad about that.  Here's a pic.  Thoughts?

Rings.JPG

But, on a positive note, greys girl your dress is gorgeous!  And everyone is getting so close!!!

I think when they recolour it, they will mesh much better. Even now though they don't look bad. And I'm a tough customer because both my e ring and wedding band were both custom made by the same jeweler and I am still not happy with the way they look together! I might end up having them fused together so they line up perfectly, otherwise my anal nature will kick in!

Oh and guess what.... 30 DAYS TODAY TIL OUR BIG DAY cheer2.gif

One minute I'm too excited to contain myself... the next I am freaking out about everything I still need to do!!!!

PS you ladies would not BELIEVE the shopping haul I had this weekend!!!! I got the cutest outfits for the trip and managed to find outfits for each of the 14 days for both day and night for only $300 TOTAL!!!! Well plus my $400 VS shipment, which I picked up over the weekend but still haven't any of it on yet.

I still would like to find two splurge item dresses though. Something really special. I will have to go on the hunt this weekend when my mom gets here!

Oh and I finally found some aloe @ Target!!! I also found packets of Tylenol at the dollar tree. Now I jsut need to label the first aid kits and hangover kits and the OOT bags are good to go!!!

Having kind of a MEH day but just wanted to say hi!!! (Grey's LOVE your dress!!!)

Fi and I had a stupid fight last night... we ended up making up before going to bed (we promised always to make up before sleeping it off) but damn! my eyes are so pouffy right now and BURN from all the bawling last night!! .. *sigh*.... men!