April 2011 Brides

Tennyt1

Thanks, yeah I know I get it! I dont see anything really either until I get there which is why I tried to personalize my wedding as much as I possibly could, I just used the pictures off the beaches website for the resort, cake and decorations.  Its hard when you have no control over it, did you get to pick any kind of package or anything?

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No, we really didn't pick anything....should I be worried?  She basically emailed me confirmation and asked which restaurant we wanted to eat at.  She included menus but no pictures of them or anything.  I think everything is so carefree and then I see the stuff on here and I admire all of you who are planning so much

It was crazy trying to find those things during the Olympics. That's a great idea about buying stuff from the $ store. Maybe I will check it out.

I only know about my WC because I asked. I was trying to figure out something cool to bring her. I was kind of strange asking though.

Jwetli, I wouldn't worry too much. Maybe they just have you pick everything at the resort once you arrive. Our resort is like that, but I wanted to bring some of our own things to avoid the high prices that the resort charges. We still have a meeting once we arrive to go over all the possible selections.

WOW 94posts, crazy girls!!!!

I also asked my wedding coordinator if she wanted anything from canada and she said MAPLE SYRUP and interior design magazines from the city!!

Erin I am so happy to hear that she can fix the dress for you!

Thanks Tiera, I wish you all the best and I can wait for the planning thread and to hear all about the week and wedding when you return.

Kitty-I am so glad to hear you loved greece so much. I can't wait. I did Italy two years ago and had an amazing time. My itinerary was so jammed that my dad said " Lisa you know if you get a flat you are fu****ed right?" LOL But eveything went off without a hitch!!!

Question for you ladies. Is anyone bringing a card box to their DW in case people bring cards or money? I have no idea if I should have one or not and I am stressing out about how to do one for there and pack it. I don't think I really need one but just wanted to put a feeler out to see what you all thought!

I somehow disappeared of the list so have done it again!!  I also removed the th!!

Brandy                        Wedding: April 2        Leaves: March 30   Beaches Turks & Caicos

Teneshia (Tennyt1)      Wedding: April 2        Leaves: March 30   Sandals Grande Ocho Rios, Jamaica
lsmith211 (leah)           Wedding: April 5        Leaves: March 31   Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay JA

Char (bryanandchar)    Wedding: April 5        Leaves: April 2        RIU Ocho Rios, Jamaica

Christina                      Wedding: April 7        Leaves: April 2        Riu Ocho Rios, Jamaica

Teira                            Wedding: April 7        Leaves: April 4        Dreams Los Cabos                 

Laura                           Wedding: April 9        Leaves: April 6        Riu Negril, Jamaica

Kiwibride (victoria)       Wedding: April 11     Leaves: April 2         Dreams Los Cabos

greysgirl(shelley)         Wedding April 11       Leaves April 9         Maui,  Maluaka Beach

JWetli (Jenny)              Wedding: April 14      Leaves April 10       Riu Palace Mexico, Riviera Maya

Hutchets (Theresa)      Wedding: April 16       Leaves April 13      RIU Ocho Rios, Jamaica

Lesee(Elese)                Wedding: April 18      Leaves: April 14     Paradisus Palma Real, Punta Cana, DR

Meggers (Megan)        Wedding: April 19      Leaves: April 12      Barcelo Maya Palace, Riviera Maya

Mocha(Sherri)              Wedding: April 22      Leaves: April 16     Moon Palace, Riviera Maya

Fmichelle (Francine)    Wedding: April 25      Leaves: April 20     Excellence, Punta Cana, DR

LisaDias(Lisa)             Wedding: April 26      Leaves: April 23     Now Jade Riviera Resort & Spa, Riviera Maya  

Tris (Trista)                 Wedding: April 28      Leaves: April 23     Gran Bahia Principe, Runaway Bay   Jamaica

Ellabaja1983(Erin)        Wedding: April29       Leaves: April 27    Grand Palladium Kantenah, Mexico

LOL!!  That looks much better:) 

Originally Posted by kiwibride View Post

I somehow disappeared of the list so have done it again!!  I also removed the th!!

Brandy                        Wedding: April 2        Leaves: March 30   Beaches Turks & Caicos

Teneshia (Tennyt1)      Wedding: April 2        Leaves: March 30   Sandals Grande Ocho Rios, Jamaica
lsmith211 (leah)           Wedding: April 5        Leaves: March 31   Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay JA

Char (bryanandchar)    Wedding: April 5        Leaves: April 2        RIU Ocho Rios, Jamaica

Christina                      Wedding: April 7        Leaves: April 2        Riu Ocho Rios, Jamaica

Teira                            Wedding: April 7        Leaves: April 4        Dreams Los Cabos                 

Laura                           Wedding: April 9        Leaves: April 6        Riu Negril, Jamaica

Kiwibride (victoria)       Wedding: April 11     Leaves: April 2         Dreams Los Cabos

greysgirl(shelley)         Wedding April 11       Leaves April 9         Maui,  Maluaka Beach

JWetli (Jenny)              Wedding: April 14      Leaves April 10       Riu Palace Mexico, Riviera Maya

Hutchets (Theresa)      Wedding: April 16       Leaves April 13      RIU Ocho Rios, Jamaica

Lesee(Elese)                Wedding: April 18      Leaves: April 14     Paradisus Palma Real, Punta Cana, DR

Meggers (Megan)        Wedding: April 19      Leaves: April 12      Barcelo Maya Palace, Riviera Maya

Mocha(Sherri)              Wedding: April 22      Leaves: April 16     Moon Palace, Riviera Maya

Fmichelle (Francine)    Wedding: April 25      Leaves: April 20     Excellence, Punta Cana, DR

LisaDias(Lisa)             Wedding: April 26      Leaves: April 23     Now Jade Riviera Resort & Spa, Riviera Maya  

Tris (Trista)                 Wedding: April 28      Leaves: April 23     Gran Bahia Principe, Runaway Bay   Jamaica

Ellabaja1983(Erin)        Wedding: April29       Leaves: April 27    Grand Palladium Kantenah, Mexico

I'm going in an hour to get my dress fitted with my mom and good friend!  It just needed the length done and a small amount taken in around the waist.  Super excited!  I'm hoping I can use those adorable flip flops I bought from etsy and it won't mess up the alteration.  My AHR shoes are 4" heels and my flip flops are only 2" wedges.  I bought some 3.5" wedges from VS as stand-bys...but they're not nearly as cute.  We'll see.  My mom hasn't seen my dress yet so I'm excited for her to see me in it.

On another note, FI's in Vegas at his bachelor party and watching NCAA basketball games so I went out with some friends last night.  Even the sound of my keyboard is hurting my head this morning.  Damn over-attentive bartenders!!  LOL.  The good news is, my belly will be flat in my dress today.  Gotta love dehydration;)  Must.  Find.  Some.  Tylenol.

Jwetli - I've pretty much had the same relationship with my WC...  I hear from her once a week if I'm lucky, and she is SO bad at responding.  I've heard that's how they do it at our resort, and we just take care of most everything when we arrive.  So, I wouldn't worry about it.  Because of my relationship with the WC (or lack there of), I have decided to not bring anything for her as a gift..  Call me mean, but I can't see doing it when I have such a hard time getting her to respond!

Lisa - I am not bringing anything...  I have stressed to everyone that we do not want any gifts from those going down with us.  Hopefully they will all go with that and we won't have to worry about it...

Greys - Sounds like you had a good night....though it turned into a bad morning!!  Good luck with your appointment today to get things fixed with your dress!!