April 2011 Brides

Tennyt1

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Alright, I think I've made it through all of them!!  Now lets see how I do with remembering...

Laura, I like the flower, but I agree with some of the other ladies, it needs something more in the middle.  I'm glad you were finally able to get your bikini with old navy!  I also really like the blue tunic! 

Lisa, I really liked dress number 2...

Meggers, I hope you have a great time at your BD shoot!!  I hope you are feeling better as well!  Oh, and I really like your dress!!

Kitty, I had something to say to you, but now I can't remember (sorry)!!

Regarding FIs ring... we just went with something very simple.  FI was previously married with three diamonds in that ring (which we traded in for credit towards his new ring), and he just didn't see a point in buying the bling...  it just wasn't worth it in his eyes...which was perfectly okay with me!!

My feelings on the bachelor...  I feel the same way, as tris I think it was...  I think it was forced in the after the rose special too.  I feel like during their last date together before he picked Emily, she was trying to find reasons for him not to pick her, and tell him!  It's almost like she realized that it wasn't going to work for different reasons, and it was her way out.  Emily definitely seemed so much more high maintenance on the after show... but part of me wonders if she was always like that, but the producers at ABC only showed us the parts where she kept talking about her late fiance to get people so interested in the show...  It just seemed like Brad was the little puppy always trying to get attention from Emily...  I don't see it lasting, because if she's that connected to Ricky's grandparents (which lets be real, she's not going to want to walk away from the source of money), she's not going to want to move to Austin...  It's unfortunate....

Greys - My FI's ring is Mukame Gane.  It's a technique used to make Japanese swords and laying of the different metals.  He absolutely loves it.  It was around 700.00 I think.  He got to pick out the colors he wanted to create the design.  It's definitely different and not seen very much right now because of the cost.  No diamonds though.  Problem is, he works in a powerplant so he won't really get to wear it a lot.

Laura - Love, love, love the blue coverup!

I agree on your comments about the Bachelor.  It was definitely a strained relationship we were seeing!  I don't think they will work out in the end.  If they're having knock down, drag out fights this early in the game... no chance.  :(  

My band came in today!  I have a feeling I'm going to have to have both the band and my engagement ring sized though.  I have tiny fingers, and my band couldn't even be ordered in my size.  :(  Boo, so that'll probably be almost $200 in sizing.  :(  They have to use the ball method.  And then the FI's ring is too big.  This was after the original he picked out was too small.  Sheesh, we just can't win. 

Ya'lls cover ups are adorable!  Good luck at the BD shoot today Meggers!  I am anxiously awaiting mine.  I'm nervous to see them. 

Meggers, fantastic dress!!  I love the bottom and can't wait to see the pics with your modifications! I hope your BD shoot rocked!

Kitty, the bouts look great and I can't believe they were so cheap!  Great job.

Originally Posted by lesee View Post

Hey Girls,

Is anyone doing BD pix AFTER the wedding? My FI informed my last night he wants sexy pictures (ahhahhahha in my head it plays as if Borat is saying that) and it's just not in our budget right now but doable after the wedding.

Lesee,  Hilarious!!  Just don't wear a green man-thong in your BD pics.  Sexy time.  Lua had a great suggestion to do them for your 1st anniversary.

Originally Posted by fmichelle View Post

Greys, something you may be interested in is the ring I got for my FI, we found it while vacationing in Hawaii in December, it's a koa wood titanium ring. FI also didn't want anything flashy and this was very unique and very "Hawaii" since they only make them there. But you can order them online, or even buy once you get there. I'm not on my computer right now to show you a pic, but just do a quick search in google for "koa titanium ring" and you'll find it. We paid $150 at a gift shop in Waikiki, but I think it's slightly more expensive online (plus shipping)

Fmichelle, thanks for this suggestion!  I like the look of them.  I forwarded some pics on to FI:)  We're meeting at another jeweler in 30 min to do some more looking.  I still can't believe we both forgot that he didn't have a ring yet.  Oops!

I just booked my BD session for next Wednesday!  Eek!!  Now I need to call around to some of the hotels in town and ask if they rent by the hour;)

ok ladies!!! so i went to michael's after work and got the perfect thing for my hair flower.  i removed the turquoise and clear beads and then took this picture..... so you can get an idea of the size of it...don't mind my awkward angle lol

DSC03227.jpg

And then, I glued on what I bought!! It now has to sit and dry for 24hrs.

DSC03234.jpg

Better????? :)

i LOVE it now! can't believe I actually made it myself - it was sooo easy!

my mom actually just called and she bought fabric that matches her dress and she now wants me to make her one as well.