April 2011 Brides

Tennyt1

Thank you everyone, I really appreciate the positive comments.  I haven't been able to show it to anyone since I'm not having a bridal party and the only one who has ever seen it is my mom, but since she lives half way across the country, she hasn't been to any of the fittings. I'm really happy with it, and can't wait to TRASH IT!! ;)

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So it was Sunday that I sent the email to my friend (and supposed to be bridesmaid). She still hasn't responded. And to top it all off I KNOW she's been online because she's been super active on facebook.. so she's read it. And chosen to ignore it. And instead to go on a hundred different peoples facebook pages and write about how much she misses them. But not me. I'm supposed to be her best friend. I'm sad... It's not like the email was bad at all either! I was completely understanding and told her the reasons why I'd like to know sooner than later... and then wrote like 6 paragraphs about what's been going on in my life as well as asking her a million questions about her travels & adventures. Nothing back... :(

I was sad knowing that my best friend wouldn't be at my wedding... now I'm even more hurt because I feel like it's not that she can't be there, it's that she doesn't even want to...

Hi girls...sorry Ive been so quiet... Ive been so busy that I seem to only have time to read through the posts but never time to actually respond! So anyway seems like a lot of you girls have been having drama lately...I can totally relate! Why is it that weddings seem to bring out the craziness in people? My sister and I had a HUGE fight last weekend regarding my bachelorette party and her sucking all the fun out of the experience by making it all about herself. I think she finally understood and snapped out of it, now she is going over and above to try to make this a great time for me! So Friday night is the big night... A lingerie party first then a stretch hummer will pick me and 9 other girls up and go dt dancing! Im super excited!!!  I cant believe its here.. now I only have 3 more weeks till we head to Cancun! Time is seriously flying! I am pretty much all ready to go minus the actual packing of the attire but other than that we have all of our wedding decor packed in 2 big boxes...I pray nothing breaks in route! Anyway Im super excited for the next 3 wks to come :)

Tris Im really sorry to hear about your friend bailing on you and then avoiding you, I can totally relate because one of my friends did that also, even after I asked her multiple times if she was FOR SURE coming and she always said yes.. then she emails my TA and bails but never to this day told me... people can be pretty cowardly I think... Sad! I hope your friend surprises you and shows up for your big day!

For the girls who are starting to experience increased stress, I dont know how you all are simultaneously planning AHR's as well.. I would literally pull my hair out!  You girls are amazing!!!

Hope the week improves for you all and have a fabulous weekend!!! xoxo

Tris that is a terrible feeling. i am so sorry for you. I can't believe that some friends can act that way. So Hurtful! All I can say is that it will be her loss and she will regret it when she hears the amazing time everyone had and she will be sorry she missed it. Unfortunately some people just can't be happy for others and it IS sad! Big hugs to you!

Mocha you are a godsend! That you so much for recommending mp3 rocket because I have now found all the songs I couldn't find on frostwire. So so happy! :)

Ok time to sleep now zzzz I got carried away with my new learnt skill of downloading music and because the weather was so bad FI stayed at his parents which is closer to work for him so I didn't even realize the time. I am going to be soooo zonked at work tomorrow. Nite ladies!

Francine, love your dress it you look gorgeous!

<

Laura I cant believe the nerve of your mother in law that would drive me insane!  Yes she has made a couple of valid points but thats it!  If i was you i would talk to your fiance and make him talk to her after all it is his mother!

Meggers sorry to hear about your troubles that is really bad of the ta, but am pleased your hair turned out great! Bailey your hens night looks like it was a lot of fun! Your outfit was super cute! So i totally hear you girls with the family/friends issues! We have been engaged since Oct 09 and decided on Mexico in Nov 09 the only reason we have had such a long engagement is because we were living in New York and my FI got made redundant end of Nov 09 so we had to move to Australia which was very stressful and costly hence pushing the wedding back to April this year. So anyway the point is all of our guests have had a lot of time to plan and save for our wedding, my best friend got made redundant and hadnt booked her flight or accom so she is now not coming to vegas for my hens night and is just acting a bit strange and not being as supportive as i would have liked ahhhhh, and we still have a few guest who haven't even rsvp'd which they could do on our website so easily! I have decided to just try and forget it now! On a positive note i have found and booked a fab new photographer, I am using Trisha from Faber Photography, thanks so much for the recommendation Teira.

You ladies are so amazing, thanks so much for all the support. It's so nice to have a group who understands exactly what the others are going through!! To the ladies feeling the stress... Let it out. Have a really, really good cry. I had a breakdown yesterday and it felt really good. Last night I slept like a baby and today I'm ready to kick this wedding's a$$!!! Mocha those caramilk things are just frikin amazing!!! What a creative idea!!! I love the "nuts" thing too!!! Lol!! That could definitely apply for my guest list!!! Bailey you looked like such a sexy little kitten on your stag!! Glad it was great! I lived in Van from grade 9 up until 2 years ago. I love Blo and Sip!!! We are doing mine once we get to Mexico since most of my girls are from Vancouver, but partying it up in Cancun seems like a great hen party to me!!!

Tris I am so sorry about your friend, that is really hurtful and that she is avoiding you makes it worse. I find that destination weddings if nothing else really show you who your friends are. Just remember at the end of the day you want only the people who truly want to be there to support you be there. I just keep saying: the people who matter most will be there, because those are the type of people I want in my life. Maybe you should send her an email telling her how you feel. Otherwise you'll end up resenting her and it will further damage your relationship.

Oh and last note (sorry) things really looked up last night when I got to the salon to have my extensions trimmed. The lady who did my hair was awesome and she offered to put a pre bd shoot package together for me for half price that includes the shelac nail system!! Anyhoo I'm even more in love with my extensions now that they've been trimmed and I'll post pics soon!! Oh and Kiwi same deal as I wrote to Tris above, just remember honey the people who matter will be there!!