April 2011 Brides

Tennyt1

oh crap! Excuse me FLOODING this thread, but I forgot something!

I thought of the cutest idea today! Everyone has the "Bride" and "Groom" t-shirts right? Well instead I'm going to make "I (heart) KAI" & "I (heart) TRISTA" shirts for FI and I when we fly in and for our getting ready pics :)! Obviously it will be a heart, not the word in brackets. He loves the idea too :)

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is such a cute idea! cant wait to see pics!

Originally Posted by tris View Post

oh crap! Excuse me FLOODING this thread, but I forgot something!

I thought of the cutest idea today! Everyone has the "Bride" and "Groom" t-shirts right? Well instead I'm going to make "I (heart) KAI" & "I (heart) TRISTA" shirts for FI and I when we fly in and for our getting ready pics :)! Obviously it will be a heart, not the word in brackets. He loves the idea too :)

and far as being down in the dumbs i hear ya! I am soooo stressed out right now im to the point where i just want everything to be done & paid for so we can just finally get to mexico and relax stress free. Ive just been grumpy, tired and edgy lately and definitely not motivated to work out or anything anymore. not sure whats going on but im not liking it! Keep your head up, thing will get better and our trips will be here before we know it

Tris and Tiera, I'm so sorry to hear you are feeling down. I think it's perfectly normal though, especially given the extra stress we're outing on ourselves to have the perfect DW. Right now you are both (me too!) really overwhelmed with everything you have to get done, but as you start checking those things off your list your anxiety will lessen and excitement will take over! *hugs* Just picture you, your hubby, a gorgeous beach. We'll all be there soon!!

Originally Posted by Brandy View Post

I really like them Erin, way more than the crest ones, although I havent tried the new crest one thats like a one time 2 hour thing, has anyone tried that one yet?

I had tried the crest ones a long time ago, but not the new ones...  I think this week I'll pick some up...not sure which brand, probably the one you mentioned before. 

Originally Posted by Meggers7484 View Post

You ladies have inspired me to take action on the AHR... I just put a venue on hold for June 18th!! I'm tired of waiting for my FI so I googled away and completely lucked out!! I found a venue with an outdoor gazebo that we can use for a champange brunch!! They specialize in weddings (they have like 10 halls) so everything we need can be taken care of on site. We will be having about 50 people, and I think I can swing the whole thing for under two grand!!

I was hoping to use a picture from the wedding for the AHR invites but do you girls think that will be enough time? I'm assuming I can get them out the second week of May, which is a month in advance.... ah I don't know!!!

That's really exciting about your AHR venue!  It's such a relief (or was for me) to have the location taken care of at least.  Regarding the invite, if you are going to do it just a month in advance, I'd at least get the word out to those that may need to travel a bit and make such reservations.  Ours is July 30th, and we will be sending the invites out hopefully by the end of May.  It's going to be a little later for us because we are using a picture from the wedding as our invite. 

FI & I had an awesome meeting with our photographer today. She's incredible. I love her. She has a friend who shot a wedding in Jamaica and he gave her tons of pointers & ideas. Her plan for our TTD involves a full day of pretty much touring the island. We're going to the other side (South Side) where there is a gorgeous waterfall that isn't as touristy as the ones nearby the resort, and maybe getting some horse pics, then driving around to Negril to some gorgeous beaches... from 10am to sunset the day after. I'm so pumped. It's awesome to see her so excited too! It puts me at such ease.

44 days until we leave. Craziness. I'm trying to get all of my design stuff done but I always end up working on my freelance projects and my OWN wedding projects are falling behind! Ahh!! The biggest "waiting game" I'm playing is that I can't print or finish anything really until I hear from my one friend. I know I posted it about it MONTHS ago but my BEST FRIEND moved to Australia on a whim with her BF for a year or so. Well they've extended their trip and even though she said she'd be at my wedding no matter what when I asked her to my BM, things changed quickly. I doubt she's going to come. Like 99.9% sure she won't be there. She already pretty much told me they can't afford it because they're traveling around, which is understandable, whatever, I'm sad, but I'm over it... the issue is that she is avoiding it because she doesn't want to hurt my feelings and let me down. I told her the VERY latest she needed to tell me was a month before we left (March. 23rd). If she was any other guest it wouldn't hold anything off, but because she's supposed to be my BM (I have her dress hanging in my closet and everything), I can't print the programs, I can't buy my BM gifts, etc. Ugh. Fun!

I don't know... nothing to do with the above paragraph but I've been feeling pretty down lately... anyone else in the same boat? I thought I'd be super excited at this time but I'm more down in the dumps than anything. I'm just telling myself it's all the stresses building up on me and I'll get over it.

Tris, that's really exciting about your photographer!!!  I can't wait to see pictures of everything!!  I'm sorry to hear about things with your best friend.  I can totally understand how you'd be feeling, and it stinks that she can't just be up front with you.  Does she know that you are waiting on her decision to take care of finalizing stuff you need to do?  Also, I was feeling pretty down about things until I was finally able to secure our AHR venue yesterday.   So, you are not alone...

I love this idea!  Can't wait to see pics either!!

Brandy, the invites are looking fabulous. 

Tris, it's pretty funny that you are feeling down about your wedding. My FI is starting to get so excited and slightly nervous and I'm starting to feel like I'm over it, lets talk about the next thing.

I'm trying to push getting the AHR booked and he's trying to tell me to relax. They just don't get that these things require a lot of planning well in advance. I also told him last night that if I'm automatically dropping anyone that didn't return their RSVP. I said if they can't have the decency to check off a box and send a pre-stamped and addressed envelope why should we spend $100 per person on them. He laughed, but agreed.

I know exactly how you girls feel, I think its just the stress is just so overwhelming at times that I feel like I'll be so happy when this is all over and life goes back to normal and I can just sit back and enjoy being married, Im not even close to being ready but I just wish March 30th was here already!!

So FI and I got about half of the invites done last night, I swear Rebecca is worth every single penny, actually she probably could charge more bc I would pay her lol, that was soooooo time consuming!!!  Will still have like another 65 to do and still cut out all the RSVP cards!

Mocha, I hear you on the RSVP's!  I couldn't agree more...if they can't do something that you've practically done everything on, why bother?!  Though, then you'll get to the AHR and they will show up...cuz that's always fun!

Brandy, I meant to also comment on the invites, they are looking wonderful!!

Erin, I can totally see that happening. I hope the future in-laws are bright enough to realize that it is still a fairly formal reception and there will not be room for people that decide to come at the last minute or just show up. I know that there's already stress on FI's side between the two families and this will probably add to it. But if they can't be courteous to us why would we want them at our special event. We decided last night to make it a luncheon to save his family hotel costs.