April 2011 Brides

Tennyt1

yeah we flew airtran once and thats what their fees are! I know it sucks well I hope to have only 3 bags if that if I can do 2 that would be great! Actually I think airtran was $20 per bag, so all in all it cost us $120 round trip just for bags!!!!!!

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No We're flying Transat. We got every 21st person free, but there needs to be a minimum of 25 people in our group to qualify. I feel you on the Dress thing... Transat is saying that I will need to put it in the over head, despite the fact that we upgraded to first class in part because we wanted to hang it in the first class closet. Well I find out recently that they don't have a first class closet... great. I think I may get my FI to work his dimple magic and get the flight attendants to hang it in the captain's closet. They did it for me when I flew from Vancouver to Toronto with my dress.

Wedding Coordinator emails are GREAT!! I didn't hear from mine for over 4 months. Finally last week I sent her a nasty gram telling her that my mom will be there next week and will be coming to get the answers to my questions... suddenly I got a response!!

Originally Posted by Hanna20 View Post

Meggers,

Are you flying Air Canada by chance? We got the 25 people and then got 1 free so I was just curious if another airline had the same deal or if it was also AC. I just got a reply back from my travel agent about taking my wedding dress as my carry on.... basically you can do that but if the flight is full and they have nowhere to hang it then you have to put it in the overhead compartment!!!! What the heck is that about???? Last thing I want is people's suitcases and bags crushing my dress up there. I told my FI that even if I had to make all our guests take turns holding it on their lap then thats what I would do to avoid the overheads!

My FI's one and only job is also the playlist.... do you think he has started it yet? NOPE!!! I am still trying to decide what our first dance should be and the rest is his responsibility.... hopefully he gets his but in gear soon!

I also have numerous emails flying with my wedding coordinator at the resort to try and finalize all the final details.... hopefully all if this stressfull stuff will be over soon and I can try to relax a bit. I know it will all be over so fast that I should really just slow downa and enjoy..... sometimes easier said than done!

Hope everyone else's plans are coming along!

Brandy, I love how the colors turned out for your programs.

Meggers, gorgeous clutches

Laura, are you sure you need them notarized? Ours are just certified copies of the originals that were stamped as such by the registrar's offices. I also figure worst case scenario we do the symbolic and make it legal after.

The charms I got were two spacers, one with pink stones and one with clear stones, a vegas charm, a pink glass charm with hearts, and a panda bear.

We booked our flights home well in advance of our flights out, so with our airline, we have 2 free bags each to come home but have to pay $20 for each of the second bags going down there. We're flying West Jet. I flew with them last night and I can already tell that it's a good thing I had planned on packing my dress small and having it steamed at the resort. I just hope that we can manage to get on the plane early so there's enough room for our carry on luggage. Each person is allowed two carry ons, so the bins are always jammed full of stuff.

I forgot to mention, FI also bought my wedding day necklace over the weekend. It's a swarovski and so sparkly! I can't wait to wear it. I love being spoiled by him.

Tris - yeah, same resort and I'm kinda worried...  I only dealt with with Beverly and not Chandy, so I hope she documented everything!  Plus, Beverly also told me that I could be late getting my notarized documents to her as I'm waiting for my lawyer friend to get his stamp to notarize them - he just started at a new law firm a few weeks ago and hasn't received it yet....  Beverly said it was no problem to fax it to her at the end of this week - I hope Chandy agrees!!!

I'm in the same boat. I've only dealt with Beverly. I sent Chandlyn an email today telling her everything Beverly and myself had gone over, just to be sure. I've already been screwed over on my date once so I'm really paranoid now!

What kind of notarized documents do you need to send over???

Originally Posted by lsmith211 View Post

Tris - yeah, same resort and I'm kinda worried...  I only dealt with with Beverly and not Chandy, so I hope she documented everything!  Plus, Beverly also told me that I could be late getting my notarized documents to her as I'm waiting for my lawyer friend to get his stamp to notarize them - he just started at a new law firm a few weeks ago and hasn't received it yet....  Beverly said it was no problem to fax it to her at the end of this week - I hope Chandy agrees!!!

I was told that copies of our passport and birth certificates need to be notarized.  I emailed and cofirmed that it has to be signed by a notary, and not just a commisioner of oaths...  When i went back and looked at my reponse, it was actually Chandlyn that sent it from Beverly's old email, so looks like Beverly's been gone for at least a week?  At least I know Chandlyn is aware that it's going to be late.......

Good idea sending her an email with all the stuff discussed - I think I'm going to do the same

Originally Posted by tris View Post

I'm in the same boat. I've only dealt with Beverly. I sent Chandlyn an email today telling her everything Beverly and myself had gone over, just to be sure. I've already been screwed over on my date once so I'm really paranoid now!

What kind of notarized documents do you need to send over???

Weeeird! Because I had spoken to Beverly and she said that it was fine if we just scanned our birth certificates in and sent them off to her. She mentioned nothing about anything needing to be notarized.

Originally Posted by lsmith211 View Post

I was told that copies of our passport and birth certificates need to be notarized.  I emailed and cofirmed that it has to be signed by a notary, and not just a commisioner of oaths...  When i went back and looked at my reponse, it was actually Chandlyn that sent it from Beverly's old email, so looks like Beverly's been gone for at least a week?  At least I know Chandlyn is aware that it's going to be late.......

Good idea sending her an email with all the stuff discussed - I think I'm going to do the same