April 2011 Brides

Tennyt1

Tenny:

That sucks....it's unfortunate that some people can be so inconsiderate....clearly her 'filter' is clogged!!!

I am having a similar issue, sort of...I didn't lose anyone liek yourself but as far as the friend situation goes, my long-time best friend was already going to be in Mexico when I decided to get married so I planned the wedding thinking it couldn't be more convenient for her.....well....not only did she respectfully decline my MOH offer....(there is no emoticon to describe that feeling) , her excues was that she didn't know if she would have the time to be able to commit to that kind of 'job'; she then said she would stay at the hotel for 3 days so she could at least spend some time with me before the wedding and of course the wedding day......she called me yesterday to tell me she wasn't going to stay there anymore, and 'are you mad at me?' !!! My response was simply 'you do what you have to, I am okay with whatever you decide'.....I wasn't....I hung up and cried my eyes out....I woke up this morning realizing, I can only let the actions of other people affect me how I allow it to affect me...I have become more at peace with what happened, and now I AM okay.  The only people I really want there without a doubt are my family, our son (he's 2 and soo cute), and FI!!

I hope this helps..but we're all here if you need more ears (or eyes rather)!!

BTW to add iinsult to injury we had 10 ppl cancel just before final payment....most for good reasons so no hard feelings....it's not about numbers right????

SAD DAY!!!!

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks Teira, it's from La Senza. I wish I had been able to find something white, but I didn't have much time to shop. I could only run out on my lunch hour to try to find stuff.

Bailey, Sorry you're having such a horrible week. But you're right to just focus on your FI, your son and your family. Did the people that canceled have legitimate reasons? I know you want to share your special day with as many as possible, so I hope it works our well for you.

Ladies,  I want to thank you all so much, I think you all are amazing friends that we can discuss pretty much anything not just wedding related items.  I appreciate you all.

Bailey, You are right the focus should be on my FI and myself and I am not going to worry about so called friends. It is about the 2 of us and nobody else.

OH wow, Im gone for one evening and come back to 25 posts!

Michele, I really like that dress, I saw that on macys a couple of weeks ago, let us know how it looks when it comes in!! Pictures please!!!

Tenny, wow! Im so sorry to hear you are going through this, people amaze me!!!!!  I agree totally with everyone! My immediate reaction would be to tell her that you have already booked your venue to full capacity or you already sent in your final guest list to the WC, I would come up with something, I wouldnt want her there, it seems to me that she is not a TRUE friend at all!  It makes me so angry just reading that and its not even my situation lol!!  End the end its is YOUR wedding so its your decision, just know that all that matters is your getting married to the man of dreams and your day will be perfect no matter what!!!!!!! 

Erin, we want pictures when your done with your transfers on your oot bags!!!!  And your luggage tags!

Mocha, wow girl!!! Hot picture, cant wait to see more!!

Mocha great pic and cool ties!!!! I like the color combo with the white.

Tenny I think if we didn't all have each other here we would be going crazy, I almost think no one else understands lol We appreciate you too!

Bailey sorry about what you are going through but you now have the right attitude about it.

Mocha:

Yah, they did have good reason...one couple consulted their dr. about their fertility cycle and he advised them not to go, another couple couldn't go for some other reason (I think problems on the home front), and 2 people cancelled because they couldn't come up with the $$ for the final payment (hello credit card!!), and I haven't talked to the other 4 people but they are FI's work buddies so no biggie there.  Oh and they all lost there deposits....which means all the money ($2000) goes back into the group so everyone ended up getting a disount because of it.  We could have used it just for us but.....it was certainly tempting, but just didn't feel right!! So we ended up with a group of 20 including ourselves.  Not too bad.

Thanks for listening ladies!! It's coming up fast....

Tenny:

We just need to focus on the good.....YAY we're getting married to the most amaizing men we know, and in such a short time!!!

So has anyone found a cheap bikini that says BRIDE on it???  I can only find them for about $100, which isn't too bad, but just seeing if there is anything cheaper or possibly a 'coupon code' out there for one of the online stores?!??!?

Can you guys believe it's almost February??? CRAZZZZYYYYY!!!!

We are getting closer!!  3 months from today we fly out!! Yay!

Brandy - I will definitely post pictures of things.  I haven't even decided what I want to do as a transfer.  I need to figure that out!!  I will post the pictures of my luggage tags tonight!!

Mocha - Love the first picture!  That's going to be a hard secret to hold onto!!!

Bailey - I'm sorry to hear about your situation too...  I'm glad you have a great attitude about it though!