April 2011 Brides

Tennyt1

I know what you mean mocha, my knock off has been in the garment bag since I got it. Not sure what to do about it. I ordered the original one I initially wanted and I am praying that when it gets here NEXT YEAR I will love it or I will have to start all over again!

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lisa, I never saw the original version so that's not the problem. I'm just not excited at all about my dress and I wasn't excited about any dresses. It just plain sucks because at this point I'm starting to feel so discouraged that nothing wedding related is going the way I would like. Maybe we should have just eloped? Or maybe I just don't want to give up looking at wedding stuff?

After being away from home for the last three months while trying to plan our wedding, I'm finally headed back to FI at the end of the week. Maybe once I am home I'll feel better abut everything.

Mocha, so you have been away from your FI for three months!?!?!?

If thats the case then I can see why your falling out of the wedding planning process, I would too, I think that is probably your main issue, I think once you go home and see your FI everything will start to feel better and you will feel better and wedding planning will be in full gear, and maybe you also feel overwhelmed, being away and feeling like youve had to do everything on your own?

Michelle, welcome to the forum!  We have a great group of girls here and everyone is always sharing ideas, so I'm sure you'll get some good information from everyone!  How is the planning process going for you? 

Mocha I agree with Brandy, I'm sure being away from FI for three months has pulled you out of the process a lot.  Hopefully when you get back with in at the end of the week, things will start to feel better again.  I would think that it would be scary not knowing if it's really the dress and you are this far in... do you have another option??  I know for me I didn't have the whole "it's this dress" feeling, but I did have the feeling that I didn't like anything as much...  Hopefully things change for you!

Yes, unfortunately we both work in the construction industry so from January to April we were both away from home, but working on the same job so we got to see each other all day every day, from May to July he was about a two hour drive away so I would visit him on weekends even though he was still working 14 hour days, we got engaged at the end of July and I left at the beginning of September to come out west. He came to visit for a weekend in October, and I went home for a weekend last month. It's so crazy! To top it off, I have to come back out west at the end of January until the beginning of April! They want me to stay longer, but I said no way am I spending the last couple of weeks before our wedding away from FI. My dad teases me that I'm a mail order bride showing up days before the wedding.

Most of the other planning was going well since I had the help of all the amazing people here with suggestions. It also helps that there is nothing else for me to do at night. The whole dress nightmare is a result of being in a small city. There isn't much selection in the Canadian Prairies?!? Also, my BMs are all spread out in Ottawa, Washington and Niagara so even finding dresses for them is difficult. stupid.gif

But aside from attire, I think most everything else is good. FI has been wonderful and understanding throughout the whole process and tried to help in any way he could Sometimes I wish we had a longer engagement so we could enjoy it and prepare more, but I can't wait any longer to be married to the man of my dreams.

Thanks for the warm welcome. My planning is going ok, I haven't done much for months it feels like. Like Mocha I don't think I'm loving the dress that I bought. I don't know if it's because I'm not in my perfect wedding day condition after Thanksgiving or what. I made a vow to myself to go back to the bridal shop and try on my dress in January. This time I'm going to go when I feel great, have make up on and everything. Mocha, do you think doing the same would help? If not, I guess we'll both be searching for new dresses!!

For those that already purchased wedding invitations, where did you find them and how far out did you put your RSVP date. My TA says that my "group" needs to be paid by mid February for my April wedding. I guess I would just use a date of end of January/early February? I mean if people haven't booked, do they really need to RSVP? I need to get on the ordering process within the next week! Yikes~

Brandy-- most of my family is from Southern Maryland, Dunkirk. I love it down there. They are really starting to build it up. When I lived there (until I was 10), it took an hour just to get to the grocery store!!

Michele, once I get home I will try to get a crinoline and try my dress on again with some friends. It probably will help to be done up pretty instead of rushing around after work. The first time my mom and I went dress shopping we saw another bride in full bridal hair and make-up so it probably helps. Maybe I will ask me stylist to do something special with my hair so I can decide for sure if I need to do more shopping.

I'm sending our invites tomorrow and I put an RSVP date of February 16th, two months before our departure date, also the date that the resort wants final payment. It's still nice to know if they might attend but are just waiting for a deal to book. I also included a line for expected arrival date and time.

Mocha and Michelle - I hope things work out for your attire!  I'm sure going in when you feel absolutely great will help a lot!  Best of luck to both of you, I couldn't image it being January and still trying to find a dress.

Michelle - I sent out our STDs/Invites (for the trip to Mexico I did them as the same thing) at the end of July and put an RSVP date as Nov 1st.  I have heard from all but three people.  Out of those three, two have actually already put their deposit down, so I'm not worrying about their RSVP.  I did it this way to try to save on money.  For the most part, before sending out the STDs/Invites we knew pretty much everyone who was going so it didn't make sense for us to send invites in Dec/Jan.  We just did the boarding passes and they were a DIY, so they were very cheap.