Hi ladies!  We are getting so close, I can't believe it!  I recently went to my aunt's house in Idaho to pick up some things we had shipped there (First Aid kits for our OOT bags, FI and his groomsmen's shorts and mugs we are putting in our OOT bags).  My bracelet also came this week, yay!

Here is my To Do list...thought it might help some of you, it's helped me keep track of things...

Things to Book:

Caterer  (check!)
Ceremony Site (check!)
Wedding Coordinator  (check!)
Reception Site (check!)
Photographer (check!)
Officiant (check!)
Florist (check!)
Baker for Wedding Cake (check!) 
Hairstylist  (check!)
Make-Up Artist (check!)
Manicure & Pedicure Appointments
Facial & Waxing for the Week before the Wedding
Hair cut & highlight Week before Wedding
Teeth Cleaning Week before Wedding (check!)
Honeymoon (check!)
AHR venue (check!)
AHR caterer
(check!)
Someone to marry us in Penticton (check!)

Things to Order/Buy:

Wedding Dress (check!)
Bridesmaid Dresses (check!)
Undies (check!)
Shoes (check!)
My Jewelry (check!)
Garter (check!)
Hair flower or hair pin (check!)
Brideâ€s Wedding Ring
Groom's Wedding Ring
Groomâ€s attire
Postcards for Guestbook (check!)    
Gifts – parents, photographer, bridal party (bridesmaids gifts, check!)
Fans (check!)
AHR invites (check!)
OOT Bags (check!)/supplies (check!)
Music for playlist
Getting ready outfit

Things to Make:

Invites (check!)
Save the Dates (Check!) 
Fans
Postcard  instructions (check!)
Postcard packs
OOT bags
OOT tags
OOT welcome letter (check!)
OOT time line

Things to Do:

Tanning
Teeth Whitening
Register
Send Ring in to be Cleaned, Polished, Dipped
Pick a Hairstyle (check!)
Schedule and Attend Dress Fittings
Get Marriage License
Write Thank-You Notes for Shower
Make Music playlist
Make List of Must-Take Pictures for Photographer (check!)
Confirm Hair appointments (check!)

Things to Send:

Wedding STDs (check!)
Wedding Invites (check!)
AHR Invites
Thank-You Notes for Shower
Thank-You Notes for Wedding
Thank-You Notes for AHR

bracelet.jpg

mugs.jpg

shorts.jpg

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

what time is everyone getting married. i am getting married at sandos playacar (playa del carmen) on december 13th 2010. i am having a hard time deciding what time to do the ceremony. my photographer said 2pm. he said that sunset is at 430 so it has to be at two to get the good lighting. does anyone have any suggestions or have gotten any suggestions from your photographers. thanks so much

Here is a link for the sunset times in December...

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/astronomy.html?n=923&month=12&year=2010&obj=sun&afl=-11&day=1

We are getting married at 4 pm, the ceremony will only take 15 minutes.  So we will have from say 4:30 to 5:00 for pictures, and then will get some sunset pictures.  We are doing a TTD session a few days after, so will be able to get pictures in the sun then too.  Hope this helps!

Angie good for you with your to-do list, but you are FREAKING ME OUT with all you've got checked off already!!! lol.

beck, I'm getting married at 3pm. I'm not sure how great that time is, but hopefully it will be early enough to have lots of daylight for pictures, but not too late that we are rushed or that we totally miss out on cocktails with our guests before dinner.

Omigosh....I'm freaking out!!! Eek!!!

We just got engaged Aug 2nd, 2010 and our wedding is Dec 11th, 2010...I kept hearing how easy it was to plan a wedding in Mexico and the best deal we could get with our travel agent was December not March like we'd hoped...I'm new to this website so any help you all can give I'd greatly appreciate :)  I'm going over the list and realizing how much I don't have done.  In fact, I don't even get my dress until 2 weeks before the wedding and I ordered it a size too big...We're booked at the Gran Bahia Principe Coba are any of you ladies there? The wedding coordinator has been on holidays for the last month sad.gif 

Ha ha, Princess...cheesy.gif

Aw, Klc30 - first of all, congrats, hello, and welcome to the December brides board!  Take a deep breath, don't worry, it will all work out.  The best thing about a destination wedding is that it really can be as simple, or extravagant as you make it to be.  At the end of the day, the only thing that really matters is that you and your fiance are there, and getting married!  Hopefully the wedding coordinator is back soon, and can answer all your questions.  Is there someone there that can help you out until she gets back?

This is so true! If you wanted you could literally pick your date, book your flight, and just go. Everything will be sorted out there once you arrive. Much of our stress is self-induced by fussing over details! Not that I would have it any other way :)

Originally Posted by Angie1017 View Post

The best thing about a destination wedding is that it really can be as simple, or extravagant as you make it to be.  

• 2 weeks later...