December 2010 Brides

• Please log in to reply
226 replies to this topic

#111 Princess402

Princess402
  • 737 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by Angie1017 

He he - me too...it's bad!  Wedding stuff is taking over our one bedroom apartment!  LOL

Sounds good!  I'm now trying to figure out if we should just buy them in Mexico - I'm thinking it might be cheaper?  I guess it's just a matter of whether we will have time to go into Playa del Carmen to buy them...

Yeah there are a few things I keep wondering about whether I should just buy it in Mexico (like maracas, and stuff for my OOT bags). It's a GREAT idea, but never having been to Cancun on Playa del Carmen I'm not totally sure about what's available and for how much. More importantly, do I want to be spending my time in Mexico shopping for these things?!? I think there might be a few things I could get down there (basic stuff like snacks and postcards for my OOT bags, for example), but I don't want to leave anything important to chance... Like my mom was trying to convince me to just wait and get dresses for my flower girls down there, and just last week was suggesting I wait and get FI's ring down there cause it would be cheaper! I'm like no I am not leaving those things that long - imagine if you got down there and couldn't find what you wanted?!

#112 Angie1017

Angie1017
    • 213 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 11:25 AM

I know, I'm thinking the same way as you.  Although I caved and made our postcards on Vistaprint just the other day...

Yeah there are a few things I keep wondering about whether I should just buy it in Mexico (like maracas, and stuff for my OOT bags). It's a GREAT idea, but never having been to Cancun on Playa del Carmen I'm not totally sure about what's available and for how much. More importantly, do I want to be spending my time in Mexico shopping for these things?!? I think there might be a few things I could get down there (basic stuff like snacks and postcards for my OOT bags, for example), but I don't want to leave anything important to chance... Like my mom was trying to convince me to just wait and get dresses for my flower girls down there, and just last week was suggesting I wait and get FI's ring down there cause it would be cheaper! I'm like no I am not leaving those things that long - imagine if you got down there and couldn't find what you wanted?!

Married ~ December 16, 2010 ~ Gran Bahia Principe Tulum

#113 Princess402

Princess402
      • 737 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 03:09 PM

How are all my December girls doing?

FI's dad said to me the other day "wow, it's only 3 and a half months till your wedding" and I was thinking "oh my god, don't remind me!". Seriously I felt bad, that's just the wrong reaction, I should be excited!!! But instead I'm freaking out about all the stuff I still want to do between then and now. Oh and the fact that I dunno now I'm gonna pay for it all, lol.

Feeling a little stressed at the moment!

#114 kriztie707

kriztie707
        • 196 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by Princess402 

How are all my December girls doing?

FI's dad said to me the other day "wow, it's only 3 and a half months till your wedding" and I was thinking "oh my god, don't remind me!". Seriously I felt bad, that's just the wrong reaction, I should be excited!!! But instead I'm freaking out about all the stuff I still want to do between then and now. Oh and the fact that I dunno now I'm gonna pay for it all, lol.

Feeling a little stressed at the moment!

I can't believe how close it is getting. We mailed out our inivations a couple weeks ago. How is everyone doing with their planning? I feel like we still have so much to do and decide on.

#115 Angie1017

Angie1017
          • 213 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 10:25 AM

Squeeee!  It is coming up so fast!  I'm with you Angela...super excited, but stressed over how much I have left to do, and how the heck we are going to pay for it?!

On the bright side, last night we found and ordered the bridesmaid dresses!  Soooo excited, and I (as well as the bridesmaids) love the dress!  It is exactly what we had wanted to find.  The lady at the store was like "ooooh, you came in just in the nick of time!".  These pictures don't do it justice, they are a coral colour, and not as shiny...BM Dress.jpgBM Dress2.jpgBM Dress1.jpg

Also, just placed the order for the BM bouquets, hair flower for the groomswoman, and corsages for the mom's.  Now all my flowers are ordered, yay!IMG_3201.jpgBouts.jpgCarrie's Hair Flower.jpg

How is everyone else doing planning wise?  I must admit, I haven't even started really thinking about our at home reception planned for the end of January/beginning of February...eeek!

#116 Princess402

Princess402
            • 737 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 02:16 PM

Cute dress Angie!!! Where'd you get it from?

I actually went shopping with one of my BMs this morning so I think we are very close to ordering dresses as well. I'm letting them all pick out different dresses from the same line in the same colour. Probably going to order them online. I will feel really relieved once that order is placed - I'm feeling so stressed that we've waited so long!

#117 Angie1017

Angie1017
              • 213 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 05:06 PM

Thanks!  We bought it at Lisa's Bridal in New Westminster.  It's from the 2011 Venus collection (Bella Maids). I honestly didn't think it would be that easy...it was our first time going shopping! 

Oh yay, that's great you are getting close to ordering them!  What colour are you going with?

#118 Princess402

Princess402
                • 737 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 05:50 PM

We are going with Mori Lee dresses, different styles but all in royal blue chiffon.

#119 Angie1017

Angie1017
                  • 213 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 09:09 PM

Ohhhh nice!  I love Mori Less dresses!  And royal blue will look so pretty!

#120 Princess402

Princess402
                    • 737 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 01:29 PM

Thanks Angie :)

I finally was able to order the dresses today, whew!!! I'm so excited!

Three out of four are outfitted now anyways - the 4th is still unconfirmed that she can come :(

Here's what we got:

http://www.weddingshoppeinc.com/pr/Mori-Lee-781/3199/13678 http://www.weddingshoppeinc.com/pr/Mori-Lee-831/24342 http://www.weddingshoppeinc.com/pr/Mori-Lee-838/24368

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users