Does the MOH get a bigger gift then the BMs?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 SDbeachgirl

• 393 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 11:44 PM

Am I supposed to spend more on my MOH's gift than I do the other bridesmaid gifts?

#2 *Meagan*

• 5,521 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 01:02 AM

Hi there! I got my MOH and BM's the same gifts; earrings for wedding day and Oakley sunglasses. And on wedding day I gave my MOH a starfish to put in her hair. To have her stand out differently than my BM.

It is all in your preference though. GOOD LUCK!

#3 JerseyBride1981

• 57 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 01:05 AM

I was thinking that I will definitely make a HUGE effort to show my appreciation for the MOH as she has really gone out of her way to make this day and process special for me. So yeah I will be doing some extra things for her so that she knows how much I truly appreciate her being there through all of the BS and everything else in this process.

#4 FutureMrsYak

• 372 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 10:46 AM

I plan to put a few extra things in my MOH's OOT compared to my BM's bags...but all of the BM will have extra personalized things that guests won't get.

#5 Thomasjsgirl

• 1,098 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 11:06 AM

Some people do get the MOH something bigger, but it all depends on what cultural traditions are important to you. I like the logic of getting something special for a MOH that has gone above and beyond the regular MOH duties, but you don't need to feel obligated to do so either. It's a totally personal choice.
            Lucy & Tom - Married 24.11.08
            Wedding Review - Dreams PC:
            Leftover Wedding Items FS:

#6 PVBride2010

• 157 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 11:18 AM

I have 3 bridesmaid, I am giving them all passport cover books, some lotion, lipgloss etc, and I purchased their accessories for the wedding (shoe, earrings etc).

BUT I did get my Moh something special. A personalized wine glass that reads Cheers to the best MOH in the world:
              Click the image to open in full size.

And I ordered one for me too:
              Click the image to open in full size.

#7 kris

• 506 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 02:51 PM

I gave all my bridesmaids and MOH the same gifts. They all worked equally as hard at everything for me so I just had a dinner and handed the same thing out to all of them!

#8 Diva

• 682 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 02:55 PM

I have three MOHs because I didn't want to differentiate between my three ladies, so I am not calling any of them BMs per se. I bought them all something comparable (gifts from Tiffany & Co) but they are each unique. You can do something like that if you truly want to give something different.

#9 FutureMrsYak

• 372 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 03:21 PM

PVBRIDE where did you get the wine glasses? They are very cute...and my MOH is a huge wine-o! lol

#10 josietoms

• 765 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 04:10 PM

i got my bridesmaid and MOH the same gifts ie; jewellery. But i got a small personalised jewellery wrap as well for MOH as a little extra. But its purely down to personal preference really. I didnt want to discrimate against by BM as she is a hairdresser so is putting in a lot of effort doing everyones hair.
                      Josie x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users