90 replies to this topic

#21 MichelleS

• 189 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 09:52 AM

Thanks for the great tip...

#22 JT3

• 443 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 11:54 AM

Hey New Yorkers... Where did you guys go for this treatment.... If anyone can share phone numbers to that would be great... Thanks

#23 Oryx

• 727 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 03:55 PM

It's not exactly the same, but I recently tried biogel here in Toronto. I think it's the same idea -- they just paint a clear gel over your real nails to keep them stronger, and the gel sets with a UV light. After 3 weeks, you need to get them filled at the bottom. I just went for my first fill and also got the french manicure -- I'm very happy with it! The white gel is also painted on and set with the UV light so it will not chip or fade.

The first appointment cost about $60 CND because I also got a manicure and polish, but then the refill with the french manicure only cost $35. I went to Planet Nails at Yonge & Eglinton, if anyone is interested.

I hate the feel of acrylic nails, so I think this is a great option for the wedding. I might try to keep them a little longer for the next fill.

Click the image to open in full size.

#24 barbiegirl_27

• 946 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 04:48 PM

I just discovered a place out here in Halifax to get the OPI Axxium done. It's at a place called Head Shoppe if anyone is from around here and interested. I'm going to try it out closer to summer I think to see how I like it! Very excited about not having to get fake nails!!!

#25 *Linds*

• 5,776 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 04:59 PM

I really need to find a place in my area thta does this!!!
            Loving married life! <3

#26 *Meagan*

• 5,521 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 05:04 PM

I love this and want to do these but cant find a place in UT that does them!

Can it have another name, maybe?

#27 Sapphire723

• 888 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 10:04 PM

I wish there was a directory for this. I'm trying to google to find a place near me for it, but I'm not seeing anything!

#28 Oryx

• 727 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 10:38 PM

I couldn't find a salon that did the OPI Axxium either. Most salons just did the OPI with acrylic nails. The one that I got was Bio gel... Bio Sculpture Nails - Home

So far so good! I'll give an update after 3 weeks.

#29 LadyTrunck

• 1,114 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 01:18 AM

Nada in my area either- darn!
                    Married to my BEST FRIEND!
                    July 7, 2010!!My Planning Thread: http://bestdestinati....ns-pics-60834/
                    Non-Pro Pics:
                    Trash the dress!:http://bestdestinati....a-dumas-61397/

#30 brandonsbride

• 89 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 10:33 AM

I love this and have been getting it done for a few months now :)
                      But, it does take a little longer than a typical mani to get the color off, because you have to soak your nails and then it peels off. Which, also means that if it does start to chip while on vacation, it is near impossible to get off without the solution.
                      Also, my girlfriend asked her salon in Denver to have it done and was told that they do not offer it because it cracks off too easy with their climate (cold). I thought that was interesting! All in all, it is a great solution to keeping your nails looking fresh!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users