Undergarments

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 NJ Hunnie

NJ Hunnie
  • 436 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 11:43 AM

Hi Ladies,

Can you all tell me what you used under your dress to hold up your girls?

I am busty (38DD) and want to be comfortable and have the best support. I am wearing a strapless dress.

Any suggestions?

Thanks so much!
    Victoria

#2 Sloan

Sloan
    • 1,279 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 03:43 PM

I'm a 36D and I went top commando with my strapless dress. I absolutely can not stand strapless bras and there was no way I was wearing a long line bra in the million degree humidity that is Jamaica. My place I bought my dress in said that with most strapless dresses that are fitted, there is no need for anything underneath. My girls were held up quite nicely, didn't think about it the entire day. However, I have read that some girls had cups sewn into their tops for extra support.

#3 DWbridetobe

DWbridetobe
      • 914 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 07:08 PM

I'm planning on just wearing a strapless bra. I'm a 36 DD, sometimes DDD but I found that with my dress bodice (it has an empire waist) that they're supported enough. I may throw some Spanx on as well to help camo anything that I don't want shown. :)

#4 barbiegirl_27

barbiegirl_27
        • 946 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 07:11 PM

My best friend got married a couple years ago and she's quite busty.....and has always had issues with strapless bras ie: constantly tugging them up! She wanted to avoid that for her wedding, so she had one of her bras sewn into the dress. with the structure of her dress and the bra for that extra support her girls looked fabulous and she wasn't fussy with it all night long!

#5 wendyjd

wendyjd
          • 968 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 08:56 PM

this was posted not too long ago. I've personally never tried it but plan to (before the big day).

http://bestdestinati....o-girls-52217/

#6 Jackie22

Jackie22
            • 336 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 09:48 PM

My bridal store suggested to have cups put in the dress, Im 36D.

#7 mnh1983

mnh1983
              • 743 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 10:16 PM

I plan to wear this:

David's Bridal - Molded Seamless Longline

I tried one on with my dress while dress shopping, and it provided great support and held in my not-so-toned tummy!

#8 Cindy*

Cindy*
                • 2,655 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 10:51 PM

I am also very busty and thought for sure I'd need a bra underneath but shockingly, I am okay with nothing. THe dress I love has hooks in the back underneath the zipper which act as a built in bra and give me enough lift and support. I still need to do a dance test, but it looks like I am fine with nothing. I guess it depends on your dress.

#9 Jackie22

Jackie22
                  • 336 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 10:54 PM

Hmm your right the corset bra does provide tummy support that just getting cups put in the dress wont.

#10 NJ Hunnie

NJ Hunnie
                    • 436 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 11:10 AM

My girls tend to look flat in my dress with no bra, and I really don't want to use tape.

Maybe I will look into the ones at Davids Bridal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users