How are you giving the bags

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#31 Meitra

• 249 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 05:16 PM

I like the idea of camping out with some drinks at the hotel lobby and personally greeting the guests when they arrive with the OOT bags!
    Moon Dance Cliffs ---- Negril, Jamaica ---- December 4, 2010

#32 bsf&jpg

• 222 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 05:29 PM

we are having a welcome/rehersal dinner the night everyone arrives.
      its the day before the wedding.
      and my mom, sis, and niece arriver two days before, so they can help me stuff the bags and carry them to the welcome dinner :)

#33 jennster_04

• 176 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 06:09 PM

we are handing them out the night we arrive
        Married August 10, 2010 at Gran Bahia Principe Akumal!!!

#34 rpingree001

• 264 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 09:13 PM

I'm having the hotel place them in the rooms though they do charge a per bag fee.

#35 dominiqueamber

• 923 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 10:27 PM

I'm not comfortable leaving it up to someone else. I'm going to travel with part (the things i'm printing) buy some there (local souviners) and assemble them once i'm there and hand deliever at the welcome dinner. I have some traveling by cruise for a quick trip, so they may have to get theirs at a welcome lunch or shipped prior but i think it's a nicer surprise when you arrive.....still trying to finalize what to put inside :)

#36 miss_delerium

• 543 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 10:40 PM

I'm a little bit of a control freak and don't want to leave it up to other people. I also don't want to pack a bunch of stuff if I don't have to, so I might just give them out at Christmas when we see everyone.

#37 lsjhik

• 157 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 12:34 AM

The idea of doing them at the welcome party seems reasonable...or having it in the room waiting.

#38 dstinationdrmr

• 309 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 12:56 AM

I'm going back and forth about this. I wanted to have the bags in everyone's room when they check in. The resort charges $4 per room, but the bags are different. We're having the bags monogrammed with our guests initials so I just want to be sure this doesn't get messed up (I'm kinda obsessive). Another option is to give them at our Welcome Cocktail Party but I just thought it would be a nice surprise to have them waiting in their rooms.

#39 eholt

• 528 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 07:12 AM

I am going back and forth with this as well. Part of me wants to deliver to local guests before we depart. Part of me wants it to be a great suprise upon their arrival to the resort. My biggest concern is how in the heck I am getting everything to Jamaica. I've heard horror stories on customs. Do we put bags together @ home and assemble when we arrive OR put them all together and ship? I plan to put tons of effort into these bags and do not want to loose anything.
                    May 19, 2011
                    Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
                    Montego Bay, Jamaica

#40 Iamalldiva

• 163 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 12:16 AM

I'm getting married @ Riu Palace Punta Cana and they charge $35 per bag delivered (LIKE REALLY!?!?) and free if handed out at check-in. So needless to say I will have them handed out at check-in or at the welcome dinenr/reception.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users