Sign in to follow this  
foxytv

Limewire

I find that each song is different as far as transferring song titles, artists, and genre are concerned. Unfortunately, I have had to go back into i-Tunes and adjust this info.

While I am not the most Tech savvy. I find that this works for me even though it is time consuming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxytv View Post
I will definitely look in to that! No instructions came with my iPod, so I am flying by the seat of my pants. lol. Getting it that tech-savvy area a bit late, I must say, but trying to make up for lost time now!! Thanks for the input!@!
Tami,

Try going under your iTunes Preferences. Click on the Advanced tab, then Importing tab. There should be a check in the box before Automatically retrieve CD track names from Internet

I noticed sometimes on Limewire, the tracks are named with numbers and the artist name might load on the same line, but that's just a copy and paste to fix into the right column...

hopefully that helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese_diva View Post
Tami,

Try going under your iTunes Preferences. Click on the Advanced tab, then Importing tab. There should be a check in the box before Automatically retrieve CD track names from Internet

I noticed sometimes on Limewire, the tracks are named with numbers and the artist name might load on the same line, but that's just a copy and paste to fix into the right column...

hopefully that helps.
Ok, so that was already checked, so maybe I will need to do it manually. It says they are being imported with the AAC Encoder. Is that what I should use or should I use the MP3 Encoder? I don't know the differences. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPMO View Post
I find that each song is different as far as transferring song titles, artists, and genre are concerned. Unfortunately, I have had to go back into i-Tunes and adjust this info.

While I am not the most Tech savvy. I find that this works for me even though it is time consuming.

Maybe those I will just have to change manually. It's updating now, so we'll see if it changes those blank ones to the CD/Album/Song names...

Thanks for the help!!cheer2.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxytv View Post
Ok, so that was already checked, so maybe I will need to do it manually. It says they are being imported with the AAC Encoder. Is that what I should use or should I use the MP3 Encoder? I don't know the differences. :-)

Hmmm mine is set at AAC Encoder

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese_diva View Post
Hmmm mine is set at AAC Encoder
hhmm... then perhaps I should keep mine set ohat for now too. I changed it to MP3 earlier today, but will change it back and see what happens when I download anything new since updating my other settings per your advice!!

I do this all the time and it works nicely. Ok, so download it from Limewire, then go into "File" on iTunes. "Add file from Library" then it will transfer to iTunes. Then right click on the song, and click on "Get info" In there, you can change the song details, so whatever you type in should show up on your IPOD....make sense? Let me know if it doesn't work! Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deighton View Post
I do this all the time and it works nicely. Ok, so download it from Limewire, then go into "File" on iTunes. "Add file from Library" then it will transfer to iTunes. Then right click on the song, and click on "Get info" In there, you can change the song details, so whatever you type in should show up on your IPOD....make sense? Let me know if it doesn't work! Good luck!
Fabulous! I've finally gotten the hang of it! Thanks for the help!