18 replies to this topic

#11 msredbird51

msredbird51
  • 65 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 11:13 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MontG
    FYI Ladies -

The DR Consulate in Miami is charging us $150.00...or $25/page. May be cheaper than the postings I've seen for Wedo.
    Good Luck!
    So the consulate can do the translation AND the legalization? Is that correct, because I thought they could just do the legalization. Also, if that's true and you use the consulate for translation, do you have to physically be in the office or can you mail them there?

Wedo isn't the only translation option, right? Just the one most people go with?

#12 JenB

JenB
    • 51 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 11:57 PM

Ok the D.R. Consulate in Chicago, said all that is requirered- Birth Certificate for both, ans single avidavidt for both- To be translated and legalize the cost is 200.00 for both! HOWEVER- in order for it to be LEGAL in the UNITED STATES you need to send then your Original Marriage License to be translated and legalized the cost of this is 150.00

#13 MysTea

MysTea
      • 559 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 10:55 PM

WEDO is the way to go. i have heard nothing but good things... i am using them when i am ready to send my paperwork. I am planning on getting married again in My home state next year on the same date so I can legally file my paperwork in my country...it seems like a hassle but its all good. Good Luck!
        **Dreams Palm Beach HERE WE COME!!! 11.01.2010**

#14 michellebarratt

michellebarratt
        • 1 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 08:48 PM

Do you gals know if there is a minimum amount of time that you need to be in the DR prior to getting married? Some websites say three days and others say no minimum stay/waiting period?

Thanks!

#15 richarsd

richarsd
          • 331 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 11:20 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by michellebarratt
            Do you gals know if there is a minimum amount of time that you need to be in the DR prior to getting married? Some websites say three days and others say no minimum stay/waiting period?

Thanks!
            I think the "official" requirement is 3 days for it to be legal but honestly, I question how often that's actually enforced. As you noticed, some resort websites will tell you three days, others have no mention of it. So I asked my TA/wedding coordinator as she specializes only in destination weddings and most she does are in the DR so she knows her stuff - she basically said the 3 day rule is bogus but some places may enforce it more than others. So ask upfront!!!

#16 cheshire_moon

cheshire_moon
            • 47 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 11:47 AM

We went through WEDO and they were great - I asked for a quick turnaround time and got it with no problems. The resort and the judge had no problems with the paperwork. I will be sending them our wedding certificate to be translated as well, when it gets here!

#17 hali_machelle

hali_machelle
              • 29 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 12:03 AM

I'm also curious about the "mandatory" waiting period.
                I feel like going through a company such as WEDO is what I will do only because I feel safer depending on someone who deals with these issues everyday. I'm affraid of missing something and screwing up everything.

#18 udc22

udc22
                • Site Supporter
                • 31 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 06:08 PM

I called three different consulate offices today (Chicago, New Orleans, and California) and got three different prices. They can charge different prices. California was the most expensive--$135 for the single status, $135 for the first three pages of divorce decree and $25 for each additional page, and $135 for the birth certificate. The lady also mentioned that we must have an apostille affixed to our birth certificates which would be an additional $26, if they provided it. WOW!!!

Can someone please provide me for approx. prices from WeDO?

#19 Iamalldiva

Iamalldiva
                  • 163 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 04:46 PM

Thanks for the thread and providing this info. I have a little over a year left for my wedding but will be usinf WEDO as I've heard nothing but positiove things...

Thanks again ladies!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users