Any Atlantic Canada brides?

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#31 barbiegirl_27

barbiegirl_27
  • 946 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 06:07 PM

A date twin!! Finally!!! 

That's super exciting! I'm so jealous you'll be in Jamaica! I so wanted to go there for the wedding but everyone protested that it would be too expensive.....so I picked Mayan Riviera and now every one is still complaining its too expensive! Should have gone with my first choice!

#32 Mkandola

Mkandola
    • 200 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 09:19 PM

I am not actually from Atlantic Canada, but I am marrying a Newfoundlander? Does that count? haha His family is flying to Mexico (Dreams Riviera Cancun) and we are soo excited! 

#33 barbiegirl_27

barbiegirl_27
      • 946 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 04:20 AM

Sure that counts! Lol I'm not actually from out here, I'm from Vancouver, but we're posted to Halifax for the next couple years!

#34 Jennie0521

Jennie0521
        • 48 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 06:53 PM

Hey another Newfie bride here. We are getting married April 28th, 2011 at The Royal Playa Del Carmen....just got it confirmed this past week. Going to be a small wedding but it is also our first trip anywhere so I am super excited. Nice to see more brides from this side of the country didn't think there were many on here...lol

The Royal PCD - April 28th, 2011

#35 Chars

Chars
          • 5 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 06:04 PM

Hey Ladies! I am from New Brunswick, getting maried at the Gran Bahia Principe in Mayan Riviera..April 29th, 2011!

Planning is so much fun!

#36 abbie32

abbie32
            • 89 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 06:44 PM

Hello ladies,

I live in Halifax. I'm getting married at the Gran Bahia Principe resort in the Mayan Riviera on April 6th, 2011.

Chars....where are you having your ceremony? We're staying at the GBP Tulum hotel but getting married at the hammocks location on Akumal beach and having our private ceremony and reception there as well. There is a Gran Bahia Principe Coba/Akumal/Tulum thread that is amazing!!

I don't know what I would do without this forum. I had no clue how to plan a destination wedding until this website. I LOVE IT!!

So nice to hear of other brides from Atlantic Canada having a destination wedding too. We can't wait!!

#37 Chars

Chars
              • 5 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 04:26 PM

Hi Abbie!

We are staying on Coba side, but getting married at the Gazebo on Tulum side. After the ceremony we will go back to Coba for the dinner and poolside reception.

Have you been to the resort before? It is absolutely amazing!

#38 janette34

janette34
                • 417 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 06:40 PM

I'm from NS too!!  Just got engaged over Thanksgiving so planning a wedding for the Gran Bahia Coba in early 2012.  I've stayed at the Coba before and it was fantastic!!  You'll be really close to the Tulum ruins and Xel-ha park in case you're looking for excursions for your guests.

#39 Saranver2011

Saranver2011
                  • 15 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 03:15 PM

Hi all. I'm also from Halifax. FI is from Edmonton and our family and friends are spread all across the country. To be fair cost-wise, we wanted something central so we've opted for Riviera Maya in November 2011. We are leaning toward Azul Sensatori but haven't been able to nail down pricing this early. We just moved back here from Calgary where I had been working with a TA who I love. I'm torn between staying with her or going with someone local. Have you guys worked with any great local TA's specializing in destination weddings?

#40 barbiegirl_27

barbiegirl_27
                    • 946 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 12:05 PM

Hi Ladies!

Just had to share with someone.....we just booked our JP for our legal ceremony here in Halifax.....we're going to do it on Dec 31!!!! I had no idea I'd get so excited for this part! I kept saying it was just a technicality, but I'm super excited and it all just fell together today! Tomorrow we're going to get our marriage license!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users