Need Destination and Tons of Help!!

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 yanks21324

yanks21324
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 05:07 PM

Hi Everyone!!

My name is Lauren Roth. I got engaged on Christmas Day of 2009. I have been all over NJ trying to find a venue for my wedding and finally decided that I want to do a destination wedding!! I am looking to get married anytime from March through the beginning of May of 2011. I only started researching this past Friday and am looking into Cabo, Bermuda, St. Thomas and the Bahamas. Ive mostly researched Cabo so far, but am feeling very overwhelmed. Can anyone give me any tips on where to start? I am looking to have the Ceremony at a Catholic Church (which Cabo seems to have) and then the Reception outdoors. I want a beautiful wedding, but am looking ot keep the cost minimal. I think an All-Inclusive Resort would be best for my guests, but not really sure if thats a big deal or not. Can anyone help me with some tips on where to start, how to deal with reorts (is there anyone inparticular that I should contact), and if there are any resorts who are really easy to work with??

Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer!

Lauren Roth

#2 Littleone77

Littleone77
    • 157 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 08:33 PM

Congrats and welcome! You will find all the info you need on this website!

#3 kodonne3

kodonne3
      • 11 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 12:18 AM

You should definitely look into having a travel agent help you. You can give her all the specifications you want for your wedding/resort and she should be able to point you in the right direction. They should also be able to negotiate better rates at the hotels and help your guests book their hotels and airfare. My TA wrote up an email for me to send to all my guests with all the travel information on it and now they all just talk to her directly and then she lets me know when someone books. Takes a lot of pressure off of you!!

#4 AishaB

AishaB
        • 2,350 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 11:19 AM

Hey Lauren, congrats and welcome to the forum. You will get lots of help here.
          BDW the best place for my TYPE A personality!

#5 vlynnw

vlynnw
          • 6,003 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 11:22 AM

Congrats and welcome to the forum! There are many Cabo brides on the forum, and I know Dreams Cabo is a wonderful location. You may want to contact a travel agent to help you choosing a location. I started by researching resorts within a price limit we wanted to keep for our guests and then searched for the wedding packages after and found the best combination. I used tripadvisor a lot to help on choosing a location.
            Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

#6 yanks21324

yanks21324
            • 4 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 11:38 AM

Are there any specific TA's I should use? Also, when searching for resports regarding prices for your guests, is it best to go to All-Inclusive Resorts?

#7 Snickers

Snickers
              • 193 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 12:14 PM

Congrats and Welcome Aboard!

#8 JenniferNicole

JenniferNicole
                • 234 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 12:56 PM

Congratulations!! Welcome to the forum and happy planning!! You'll find lots of helpful information throughout the site! Good luck!

#9 GVphotographer

GVphotographer
                  • 2,667 posts
                  • Wedding Date:January 23, 2016
                  • Wedding Location:Puerto Los CAbos

Posted 16 March 2010 - 05:30 PM

Hi Lauren,
                  Welcome to this great forum, here you´ll find the information you are looking for. Congratulations on your wedding!!

#10 IrishgirlinNY

IrishgirlinNY
                  • 938 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 06:19 PM

Hi Lauren

Congratulations on your engagement and good luck with all your planning.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users