Stressed and sad about photos

Holly22

I wanted to vent somewhere and thought maybe some of you could give me some advice. My resort told me after I had already found a photographer that I could not bring a non resort photographer to my wedding.

I was ok with this until I saw the prices. The cheapest package was $1200 american. Now I know that might not be alot for some but its almost double the cost of the package I was going to get with the other photographer. Not to mention his work is alot better. I simply can't afford it. Its double the cost of my actual wedding there!

In the package extras it says you can get 15 photos for $200. I was going to settle for this because at least its something. They then informed me that the option was no longer available. So basically I'm out of luck. I'm so angry I would never have gone to this resort if I had known this before. I sent a email to my WC almost a month ago now asking for some options and she won't respond. She usually responds within a few days

I am so sad at the thought of not having pictures at my wedding. I only want a few nothing outrages. I know some guests will be taking some pictures but most are in the actual wedding party. One of my bridesmaid is having marriage problems so her husband is no longer coming. She is bringing a girl I have never met before. That is fine I'm happy she can have someone come! I was thinking of asking if she would mind taking pictures. I have a really good camera. I just don't know if that is rude?

We will be paying for her to go on a boat and have dinner and all the wedding things. I have never met her so I don't know if it would be offensive.

Do you girls think its ok to ask her if she would take pictures?

Do you mean the day pass? I did ask and she said no. She said no local photographer is allowed on the resort. The photographer I was talking to said he had showed up to do a wedding and they wouldn't let him on the resort!

Apparently this is new at my resort.

The only way I can have a non resort photographer is to fly my own which cost more.

Maybe I should try and take the risk.

Oh, I didn't realize the photog you wanted hired was local, I thought they were coming with you.

What about getting a room for your photog from 2 nights? Or whatever the requirements are? It might be more $, but if it get the end result with better pictures, then it might be worth it.

Holly22: I'm assuming that your staying at one of the chain resorts that I am.... it's really frustrating when things aren't told to you upfront. I have called UVI (which is where they have all their WC's) and have been speaking with a manager there. She seems to have a bit more authority as to what she can make happen. Maybe you should do the same?

I feel that their photography prices were really high, and unfortunately it's not in our budget either.. so I feel you there. sad.gif

I wish I had some better advice for you. Just know that you aren't alone.

Thanks! I really am thinking of calling and talking to some manager.

They never told me once.

In the contract I had to send the option for the 15 pictures for $200 was in it. Maybe that will get me somewhere at least.

I'm so upset with this resort. From the start I was led to believe that it had a wheelchair accessible room. I have talked to two WC about my best friend being in a wheelchair and how we will do the ceremony. A day before final payment was due my TA called and said they have NO wheelchair accessible rooms! WHAT! She is still able to have some movement and has her own portable bars but it is the point. I have been asking my TA to reserve the room for almost 6 months. Apparenlty they have been giving her the run around as well saying they can't book it so far in advance. Then last minute all of a sudden there is no room?

I am so laid back about everything. I'm starting to snap. haha

• VIP Member

This really does suck! I'm so sorry for the runaround that you've been given.

Definitely try and talk to a manager about the fact that your SIGNED contract says 15 photos for $200. Like you said, it's not much, but at least it's SOMETHING!

What about trying to bring a photographer down with you? For the price they want to charge you could probably swing it- especially if you find someone to share with. If they're a guest there there isn't much they can do. I know it's last minute, but have you looked around to see if there's anyone getting married the same week as you are who might want to share? If that doesn't work, I agree with trying to get your photographer to stay there for a few days- that might work out also.

Good luck, and I'm so sorry the resort is giving you the run around now at the last minute. I'm sure you don't need this stress right now.