Riu wedding requirments and Docs

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#61 Heidi

Heidi
  • 2,642 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 10:07 PM

for newbies
    Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

#62 Heidi

Heidi
    • 2,642 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 11:15 AM

Going today to get notorized copies & mail them to Chandlyn! Yay!

#63 Agape Gems

Agape Gems
      • 1,260 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 11:25 AM

I just did that yesterday! FYI, Wachovia notarizes for free. I sent everything by registered mail but i'm also going to scan everything and email it just in case.
        See our professional weddings photos http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t21339

#64 Spazz

Spazz
        • VIP Member
        • 10,482 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 12:28 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Heidi
          Going today to get notorized copies & mail them to Chandlyn! Yay!
          I'm going to try to go today too. We have our weekends booked for the next month and a half, so I want to get it done while we have time to do it.

Do you think I can go to any bank or do I need to go to an actual notary place?

#65 Agape Gems

Agape Gems
          • 1,260 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 12:40 PM

I think all banks do it for free.
            See our professional weddings photos http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t21339

#66 Heidi

Heidi
            • 2,642 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 12:42 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Lizz
              I'm going to try to go today too. We have our weekends booked for the next month and a half, so I want to get it done while we have time to do it.

Do you think I can go to any bank or do I need to go to an actual notary place?
              We're going to Wachovia.

#67 Spazz

Spazz
              • VIP Member
              • 10,482 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 05:17 PM

Ok, so I went to Mike's credit union today because he had to deposit a check. The teller said she was also a notary, so she could do it for us. So when I gave her the copies of our licenses and birth certificates, she said there was no way. She said you can't notarize them because (1) you are not allowed to make a copy of a birth certificate in PA (it says it on the certificate itself) and (2) the copies that I gave her were not official documents (they were copies of official documents)??!! So, I thought she just didn't know what she was talking about and we went to another notary. They said the same thing! But in the end I talked the second girl into doing it for us anyway, so I'm relieved. I just can't believe I had such problems! Did anyone else have an issue with this?

#68 Heidi

Heidi
                • 2,642 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 08:39 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Lizz
                  Ok, so I went to Mike's credit union today because he had to deposit a check. The teller said she was also a notary, so she could do it for us. So when I gave her the copies of our licenses and birth certificates, she said there was no way. She said you can't notarize them because (1) you are not allowed to make a copy of a birth certificate in PA (it says it on the certificate itself) and (2) the copies that I gave her were not official documents (they were copies of official documents)??!! So, I thought she just didn't know what she was talking about and we went to another notary. They said the same thing! But in the end I talked the second girl into doing it for us anyway, so I'm relived. I just can't believe I had such problems! Did anyone else have an issue with this?
                  I JUST logged on to post this exact same thing! Wachovia said no, absolutely not to both the passport notarizing AND birth certificate.

We ran into SOOOO many problems. I ended up sending my birth certificate itself (no copy) because it had a raised seal on it. The 2nd notary we went to see did the passport and Reggie's birth cert (b/c it's from out of the country) - but apparently I would've had to call the state to ask for a certified copy of my birth cert - which she said would take about 3 weeks. I have 2 copies, so I'm just going to send the 1 I have. SOOOO frustrating!

#69 Sheila Moats

Sheila Moats
                  • 2 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 09:49 PM

I emailed my documents to make sure they were their within the 30 days. They replied and said that was fine but they would also like me to mail them to
                    Riu Ocho Rios
                    Mammee Bay P.O.
                    Ocho Rios
                    St Ann
                    Jamaica
                    Attn:Chandlyn Edwards

#70 Bride010101

Bride010101
                    • 1,547 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 01:34 AM

Random question ... but does anyone know if we need all these forms notarized if we are just doing the Sybolic ceremony? FI and I plan on getting married in the states before we leave... so we aren't technically applying for a marriage licence of Jamaica.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users