Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Jerzzygirl

Riu wedding requirments and Docs

Recommended Posts

I am getting married in Cabo and they told me you have to be in the country 3 days not counting arrival day and day of wedding. I am getting married September 29th and I am arriving in Cabo on September 25th:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chandlyn emailed me again to tell me she also received my mailed doc's She probably thinks I am crazy that I sent them both ways...lol It took them 2 weeks to the day I mailed them to get them by mail.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tomorrow I am headed to Canada Post to send our notarized documents to Chandlyn!! I also scanned them in and plan on emailing them to her as backup... very exciting, time is just flying by!!

Just curious - any Canadians who may have already mailed in their paperwork, did you send it by registered mail and how much did it cost?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmhein View Post
Tomorrow I am headed to Canada Post to send our notarized documents to Chandlyn!! I also scanned them in and plan on emailing them to her as backup... very exciting, time is just flying by!!
Just curious - any Canadians who may have already mailed in their paperwork, did you send it by registered mail and how much did it cost?
hahaha Good thing I saw your posting I have to get that stuff together and get it out. Time is flying by sooo fast!!! Are you alreadyhuh.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by pouchie View Post
hahaha Good thing I saw your posting I have to get that stuff together and get it out. Time is flying by sooo fast!!! Are you alreadyhuh.gif
Ok - I plan on getting this together this week but quick question. Did you notarize a copy of your license, passport, & birth certificate for both of you? So, there is a total of 6 notarized sheets?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi! I just had a copy of each of our passports and each of our birth certificates notarized, so 4 sheets in total. It says on the Riu website Passports OR Drivers license. And to answer my own question - haha - to send registered mail to Jamaica from Canada was only about $15. They gave me a tracking # so I think I'm set! :)

 

Here is the requirements from the Wedding Packages by Destination. Honeymoon Holidays. Weddings by Riu site:

Jamaica:

Notarized copies of Birth Certificate

Notarized copies of Passports or driverâ€s license

Notarized copies of divorce papers (if applicable)

Notarized copies of death certificate (if applicable)

Notorized Documents stating name changes (if applicable)

Notarized, written parental consents (if under 21 years of age)

 

*All documents have to be notarized and presented in English 30 days prior to the ceremony.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmhein View Post
Hi! I just had a copy of each of our passports and each of our birth certificates notarized, so 4 sheets in total. It says on the Riu website Passports OR Drivers license. And to answer my own question - haha - to send registered mail to Jamaica from Canada was only about $15. They gave me a tracking # so I think I'm set! :)

Here is the requirements from the Wedding Packages by Destination. Honeymoon Holidays. Weddings by Riu site:
Jamaica:
Notarized copies of Birth Certificate
Notarized copies of Passports or driverâ€s license
Notarized copies of divorce papers (if applicable)
Notarized copies of death certificate (if applicable)
Notorized Documents stating name changes (if applicable)
Notarized, written parental consents (if under 21 years of age)

*All documents have to be notarized and presented in English 30 days prior to the ceremony.
Thanks!! I'm going to get this going this weekend!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by christenew View Post
Please don't laugh. How do you get things notarized? How long does this take and cost? How far in advance did you send your documents?
Hi Christene,
You can take your documents to any lawyer to get them notarized, or if you have notary publics in your province, they can do it too. They can usually do it immediately, or you may have to leave it with them for a day or two. Our lawyer just did it for us for free right away!!! I think if they were to charge you it would be a very small charge. Documents have to get to Chandlyn 30 days in advance for Riu Ocho Rios weddings, so I sent mine about 60 days just to be sure they would get there in time.... hmmm... I still havent heard if they arrived, I better check into that!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • I have stayed at Dreams La Romana and Dreams Dominicus.  The two resorts are very different in style and decor. A few comparison points are below and fact sheets are attached for both.   Both resorts are approx 45 minutes from Punta Cana airport, close proximity to Saona Island, Catalina Island and Altos de Chavon. Top championship golf courses in the Caribbean are just minutes away including Teeth of the Dog, Dye Fore, The Links and La Estancia – all designed by world-famous Pete Dye. Restaurants are similar at both resorts.  Both offer the Explorers Club for Kids.  Dreams Dominicus  Brand new resort and in 2016 488 rooms (however additional construction was underway) More contemporary style & decor Good beach area Rooms were very nice Preferred Club located in main lobby and adjacent to main pool & beach front Food was good Center plaza area with nighttime entertainment Main lobby is small, but outdoor bar off lobby is nice Dreams La Romana Originally built in 2003 & opened as Dreams La Romana in 2008 756 rooms Recently renovated and new preferred club adults only lounge & pool added  Rooms are more traditional Caribbean decor Grounds are very lush and tropical Good beach area food was good    Dreams Dominicus fact sheet.pdf Dreams La Romana fact sheet.pdf
    • My sister has done it but with the destination wedding, only super close family members and friends came since it was expensive and farther. It was great though.
    • Thanks! I had it printed out. Very useful!!
    • Hello Guys, Are you looking for affordable wedding venue, reception halls, party rentals, outdoor event venue, birthday party venue in mobile al.  Choose Anne-Marie Cottage for your special occasion. Our cottage is an affordable venue for your intimate wedding.   Thank u 
    • Flower girl dresses tend to follow the latest trends in bridal party and thanks for sharing Great website that provide  good collection & services with affordable price .
  • Topics

×