Posted 14 March 2010 - 08:46 PM
We've decided to get married at the Westin in Puerto Vallarta!!!! We are trying to decide on a menu, but is it difficult because we haven't even tried the food! I'm hoping their are some brides out there that have had their wedding at the Westin and want to share their opinion on the food that was served. I'm especially interested in the 'intimate menu':
Mushroom ConsommÃ© Covered with Puff Pastry
Filet of Beef al Echalote and
Lobster Medallions Fume Blanc
Mocha Cake with Kalhua sauce
Cheese cake with Strawberry Sauce
Posted 16 March 2010 - 01:13 PM
Posted 16 March 2010 - 10:34 PM
Posted 28 April 2010 - 09:15 AM
when are you marrying?
Posted 30 April 2010 - 06:14 PM
Posted 06 June 2010 - 02:14 AM
But I imagine you had the same experience as me: food was delicious and everyone loved the set up... I guess because I've seen several pics of it, ha! I'm sharing some...
Congratulations to both of you!
Posted 10 June 2010 - 03:13 PM
Posted 26 October 2010 - 07:36 PM
I'm new to this site and am getting married at The Westin in PV in February 2011. I'd love any pointers you can give me as I don't see many posts about the Westin...
-Hair and Make-up referrals
-What photographer did you use?
-Band or DJ?
-Mariachi Band for cocktail hour?
Posted 12 November 2010 - 02:38 PM
Your going to have a blast! Here are some things that I experienced.
Hair and Make-Up
- I along with my wedding party used the Westin Spa. I wasn't interested in leaving the hotel for the day being that we had to start getting ready at 2:00pm for a 7:00pm wedding. I was very scared going in since I had never seen any of these ladies work, but all turned out well. We all got our hair done, which came out great. I was the only one that got my makeup done. I liked it, but didn't love it. The studio where they do hair and makeup in spa is tiny and they don't allow food or drinks. So eat before you go!
- We used Paulina Ulloa. She was great, right on time and got some really great shots. As you may have read on other threads she is extremely slow in responding though after the wedding. At the reception she told me I would get my pictures in 4 weeks. It ended up taking almost 4 months, from wedding to pictures in hand. And during that time I didn't see one proof or tease which was disappointing.
- We used a DJ and the hotel set it up. From our experience, it's extremely overpriced. I brought my own music for dinner and about half of the reception songs. Whenever he would start playing some of this own music, it was awful. He also did no microphone talking, so the $900 we paid was a bit much. I would try to talk to hotel down or get an outside vendor if possible.
- We didn't have a cocktail hour as the cost was to significant for the service. We only had 35 people at the ceremony, half of which were in pictures so the rest just milled around the hotel.
- For the menu we chose the most expensive option. I don't remember the name now. It was lobster, filet mignon and salmon. We also did chicken tender kids meals and club sandwiches for the photographers which were half the price. All of the food was fantastic. I hadn't eaten all day, and it was great!
- We had cupcakes made by the hotel. They were wonderful. So great and matched our colors perfectly. Only problem was, they never passed them out. Don't know if it's because they're not used to them or what. But after the reception we had the entire top of the cake left along with 30 cupcakes
The hotel and staff were great, including the wedding coordinator. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Posted 14 November 2010 - 08:01 PM
Thanks so much for your review!! I am still debating where to get hair and make-up done and have hired Carlos Melnik for photography and Enlace Show as our band. I am considering having Franc Gole come to The Westin for Hair and Make-up...
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users