Bridal Salons in Vancouver, BC

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weird hey, sorry that she was not that helpful for you. I dont know if the consultants realize that their attitude and personality will have a huge impact on a bride and their decision to purchase a dress.

Originally Posted by Dilara View Post

That is so weird... I think my consultant at Bryan's Bridal may have been Hallie and my experience with her was horrible! I'm glad it worked out for you though.

• 3 months later...

Originally Posted by Dilara View Post

That is so weird... I think my consultant at Bryan's Bridal may have been Hallie and my experience with her was horrible! I'm glad it worked out for you though.

I just saw this thread from a couple months back and I too had a terrible experience with this consultant. Twice. Once for my own wedding dress try ons, she seriously rushed and tried to pressure me into the dresses. I bought my dress at Bellos, I had great service and the prices were really good too.

The second time I went to Bryans was to get fitted for a BM dress for my friends wedding and this consultant didn't remember me, thank goodness. But she was RUDE and EVIL about my measurements. I measure 5'4'', 118 lbs, bust 33.5, waist 27 and hips 36.5 She made many comments about dresses fitting poorly on me. I hated her comments because I'm fit and I work VERY hard to stay healthy. When it came to ordering the dress she only gave the bride 2 minutes to choose the shade she wanted, and the colour chart was not even close to accurate. And the kicker- this consultant MADE ME SIGN a form saying that they were not responsible for ordering a smaller size dress than I could fit. The size the consultant wanted me to order was a 10 at 36.5 - 28.5 - 39.5. It was stupid and I would have been swimming in it. They just wanted to charge for alterations I bet. I settled with the 8 which was 35 - 27 - 37.5, still too big a six would have been perfect but I didn't want to make a scene with my best friend paying for it.

I also heard the consultants talking right in front of us about other customers and badmouthing them. It was so bad.

My dress from Bellos looks 500% better than the sample I tried on, they ordered my correct size and it needs NO alteration outside of adding a bustle! I am really happy with my experience there. My mom was really emotional when we went for my first fitting and the consultants were so cute about getting her a box of tissues before the tears came. My consultant was fighting the hordes of women for me looking through the sales racks and had suggested the dress I ended up purchasing, she absolutely got what I wanted and I was being very specific. Her name was Angus I believe and I hope she is still there. The second consultant who helped me at the fitting was really sweet too.

Hi ladies!

I did have some great experiences to share!

I did not find my dress there but Ariel from The Bridal Gallery is a pleasure to work with!  She was pregnant in December so maybe in leave right now but if you book, ask for her!  She put no pressure, treated us like friends and family and always tell a honest opinion.  She did even call me back to make sure I have found a dress (even if she knew it was not at her store.) What a good service!  

I found many gowns in the style I was looking at Lisa's Bridal but the service was not as good. My choice # 2 was there. Note: They do not want to tell you the designer name or give you a picture of the gown. Average experience overall.

I found my gown at Isabelle's in North Van.  They did not have a sample of my dress there (neither other bridal stores)  but they ordered it for me. I saved a lot of money with their promotions.  I saw the cost of the dress when visiting the East Coast and they gave me a lower price.  And I did not have to pay the taxes (food bank promotion, I brought some canned food) PLUS 150$ toward accessories! I probably saved at least 300-400$, which is amazing! The salon is sleek and modern.  Nothing tacky in there!

I strongly recommend Kasia!  She is very professional and friendly. She does not put pressure. They are confident about their products and prices so they keep the tags on their dresses so you can know who the designer is!  Cheri, the owner, is always replying fast to her emails. You can enjoy the Isabelle's experience better when booking an appointment. (I did not the first time but after that, I did and the customer service was even better!)  Their opening hours are also very convenient.

Hope this can help other brides!

LilyRose

My experiences

Firstly Blush Bridal - my first time there, I went as a bridesmaid and the sounding board for my friend the bride. I was told in no uncertain terms, out of earshot of the bride that I was to shut up, this was her day and that I was NOT to have an opinion. I will tell you one thing, the bride and myself had NOTHING good to say to those people. I called to complain to the owner before I made my own appointment - I told her that if ANYONE tells my mother that, I will slap them in the face - Literally - I was SO angry. I'm not a violent girl but how I was treated was awful and if someone dared to treat my mother like that?? gloves would be off. Anyhow - I spoke to the owner....she asked me to email her the details after speaking with her, she didn't call to follow up, she didn't even offer an apology. I tell absolutely everyone I can to NEVER go there.

Bisou Bridal - lovely staff and dresses - totally accomodating. I liked the variety - I found my runner up dress there. The space was great and they let us bring in coffee!

Bryan's Bridal - they took us in without an appointment which was completely awesome of them. no complaints

Clara's Coutour - Great variety and price point - knowledgable staff.

Something Blue - When I first went to this shop it is stunning with the ridiculously high ceilings - they carried all sorts of designer dresses from Vera Wang to Jenny Packham (who i LOVE but sadly cannot afford). Now they only carry their house designer line. The lady who was helping me insisted that I try on a particular dress which turned out to be the dress I bought. It looked like nothing on the hanger and she convinced me to do it now I have her to thank for it! They have been so awesome - letting me trying on the dress a bazillion times to make sure I made the right decision before I actually put the deposit down! Ask for Jija if you want to take a look.

I had a similar experience at Blush and ALSO tell everyone I know NOT to go there.

Sadly, they were the ONLY store that carried my dress locally so I ahd to buy from them, but let's just say they made the WHOLE process a nightmare, and not at all like a "Say Yes To The Dress" episode:-)

The saleswoman there also yelled at my mother. Not cool.

Originally Posted by lesee View Post

Firstly Blush Bridal - my first time there, I went as a bridesmaid and the sounding board for my friend the bride. I was told in no uncertain terms, out of earshot of the bride that I was to shut up, this was her day and that I was NOT to have an opinion. I will tell you one thing, the bride and myself had NOTHING good to say to those people. I called to complain to the owner before I made my own appointment - I told her that if ANYONE tells my mother that, I will slap them in the face - Literally - I was SO angry. I'm not a violent girl but how I was treated was awful and if someone dared to treat my mother like that?? gloves would be off. Anyhow - I spoke to the owner....she asked me to email her the details after speaking with her, she didn't call to follow up, she didn't even offer an apology. I tell absolutely everyone I can to NEVER go there.

• 1 month later...

Hello Vancouver ladies!

Do you know where is the best selection for bridal shoes in the lower mainland?  Seems like some stores have one or two pairs to try on and the rest is the catalog, but I really want to try them on before ordering.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,

LilyRose

• 5 years later...

I’m writing this review to save any other Bride from the emotional stress that my experience with Tiffany’s brought me 3 weeks before my wedding. 

In January of last year, 11 months before my wedding date, I attended the Vancouver Wedding fair and it is that time I met one of Tiffany’s bridal consultants and consequently made an appointment to start my quest for a wedding dress. After a good appointment with them I found my dress and felt really great about my find. In July my dress arrived and I went in for what I was told was an initial fitting and consultation. I tried the dress on and we discussed the fit and the fact that a bustle and some shortening would be required but that it would not be a massive alteration so to rest easy.

YAY jubilation! and easier on the cheques book. So we went ahead and made the appointment for the beginning November on the 5th. I questioned the appointment being so close to the date I needed the dress and at the time I pointed out that my Wedding was on Dec 5th however I needed the dress in hand Nov 28th as it was a destination wedding. I was assured that this was not an issue.

On Nov 2 my maid of honor had the unfortunate task of having to call the Bridal salon and re schedule my appointment. She explained to who she spoke with that my father had unexpectedly died and that if we could come in on any opening the following week to get the dress fitted it would be greatly appreciated, my MOH reinforced that this was for alterations and she was assured that if we got in for the appointment date that they gave her (4 days later on the 9th) that there would be no issue.  We all felt relieved.

We arrived at the appointment last evening and were welcomed in and I tried on the dress and then we proceeded with the consultant to discuss what alterations would need to be done with the dress. They had me walk through the bridal store and it was agreed, again like in the first consultation, that I would need to have the dress hem brought up, the rest of the dress fit well. BUT…………….

Yes…BUT… they then proceeded to tell me they were NOT going able to do the alterations.  Huh? 

They could not do ANY OF THE ALTERATIONS, THEY DID NOT HAVE ENOUGH STAFF TO HANDLE THIS.

I was stunned.  WHAT???!!!!   I bought my dress in February…. I was in the salon in July…. The exact same staff member in this appointment in the July appointment then scheduled us for the alteration appointment in November.. What do you mean you cannot do the alterations?!!!!!!! The consultant then proceeded, as I stood there with my mouth gaping open, to give us details and numbers for alteration places that I should call around to and get quotes from…. Huh??!!   After all that my family had been through this last week I was in absolute shock that this had occurred. Why would they not tell us this prior to the appointment or even when we walked in the door? Why would they drop this bomb on us after having me parade around determining what needed to be done and not even give us the opportunity to set up another appointment with another alteration location with the wedding deadlines looming and being so close.

The unprofessional nature of the way this was handled was inexcusable. No bride three weeks before her wedding after being assured that this bridal shop could handle the time lines that THEY SET for themselves would be left out in the cold. I would not wish this on any bride. Did I get a nice dress from Tiffany’s, yes. But I could have gotten the same dress at David’s bridal where we got my bride’s maid’s dresses and where we had AMAZING alteration service. I know I am emotional for just having lost my father so close to my wedding, but this was in no way to treat any bride. The stress of wedding planning is great, when you are dealing with so called professionals you expect them to act as such. If they were unable to accommodate us this should have been discussed a month ago or even last week when we called in to reschedule by 4 days. Not the night I think I am coming to get my first dress alteration fitting done. HORRIBLE HORRIBLE stressful experience.

Shame on you Tiffany’s.