Jump to content

Photo

Any Ceiba del Mar Brides?


  • Please log in to reply
211 replies to this topic

#71 savvybride2010

savvybride2010
  • Site Supporter
  • 48 posts

    Posted 06 January 2011 - 10:58 AM

    Hi Ladies,

     

    Paola arranged the bonfire for us, we didn't do anything fancy as far as seating/decor or music.  They just put one of those metal pits in the sand and built a nice fire, then pulled up the wooden loungers so it was like we had benches around the fire.   The bonfire was on the beach off to the right of the oceanfront restaurant so everyone just walked up to the bar there for beers.  It was very relaxed and a great way for everyone to meet each other and catch up. I think it would have been great if someone had brought their guitar down but we didn't want to ask anyone to travel with it so we just relied on the ipod.   We brought a cordless ipod player speaker and all just hung out and chatted til midnight. It was a lot of fun!  FYI, WEAR BUG SPRAY, preferably with deet!  I got bit a ton that night. 

     

    I used the onsite salon for my updo.  Since I got married on a Sunday, they didn't have their regular stylist working so Paola arranged for two guys from Cancun to come down to do me, my mom, and mother-in-law's hair.  I think it was about $75 for just an updo no wash, or another $20 if you wanted a wash and blow dry.  They did a great job, but unfortunately they weren't the regulars there. 

     

    The make-up I did myself.  I'm not a big make-up girl, but I sucked it up about a month before the wedding and went to the Trish McEvoy counter at Nordstrom's.  They were great at doing a very natural look, and had a handy little self-application step-by-step book.  Then I practiced at home several times. 

     

    Theresa, I checked out the Aerialistpress website, how cool and really good pricing!  I wish I had known about them for us, I would have totally used them!  We used ModernGirl Invitations, which were fantastic customer service wise, great customization and their pricing was very reasonable, but just flat not the letterpress which really adds a richness to invitations. 

     

    Happy Planning ladies! 

    Lauren

     



    #72 lshaef

    lshaef
    • Jr. Member
    • 170 posts

      Posted 06 January 2011 - 11:01 AM

      I am really sad to read all of these posts how everyone is having or had such a wonderful experience working with Diana and Paola.  When I intially contacted Ceiba in May/June via email  and phone we waited forever for anyone to respond.  Since we weren't getting any response, we ended up going with an outside WC who was recommended from a former Ceiba bride. I can't explain how upset I am that we had to make this decision!!!! Our hired WC met with us during our site visit and the other Paola did for only about 30 minutes. I guess timing is everything.   I love this website but hate it at the same time.  Sorry for venting!!!!



      #73 tweets.13

      tweets.13
      • Site Supporter
      • 103 posts

        Posted 09 January 2011 - 07:08 AM

        Sorry to hear that!  I hope you are at least having a good experience with your WC.  If I remember correctly from other posts/PMs, things were going well, right?

         

        Originally Posted by lshaef 

        I am really sad to read all of these posts how everyone is having or had such a wonderful experience working with Diana and Paola.  When I intially contacted Ceiba in May/June via email  and phone we waited forever for anyone to respond.  Since we weren't getting any response, we ended up going with an outside WC who was recommended from a former Ceiba bride. I can't explain how upset I am that we had to make this decision!!!! Our hired WC met with us during our site visit and the other Paola did for only about 30 minutes. I guess timing is everything.   I love this website but hate it at the same time.  Sorry for venting!!!!





        #74 tweets.13

        tweets.13
        • Site Supporter
        • 103 posts

          Posted 09 January 2011 - 07:09 AM

          Ladies - Did/Are any of you doing a cake through Ceiba?  (I assume we have to use their pastry chef?)  If so, what did you decide on? 



          #75 lshaef

          lshaef
          • Jr. Member
          • 170 posts

            Posted 09 January 2011 - 03:11 PM

            I think I was just having a bad day and I shouldn't think about wedding stuff during work like I was b/c I get too stressed.  My FI spoke to Diana on the phone and via email and she has been very helpful and clarified some things for us.  Hoping this will continue. 

             

            Cake- I haven't seen or heard anything about the cakes.  There is a picutres of cupcakes that Ceiba did for a bride (not too many posts prior to this one).  I had some delicious pastry from Mercedes Silva when I did my site visit however, she doesn't have a website and I can't find her by googling her.  My WC just gave me the price per person.  Not sure what we will do. 



            #76 savvybride2010

            savvybride2010
            • Site Supporter
            • 48 posts

              Posted 10 January 2011 - 09:58 AM

              We did a three course dinner  (app, dinner, dessert) after passed canapes and cocktials, so we went for cupcakes instead of a traditional cake since everyone was already getting a dessert, and treated it more of a post dancing snack.  They turned out great!  We did Margarita and Chocolate carmel.  Other than the flavors I didn't specify what I wanted them to look like, but I think they came out nice.  Here's the picture if you didn't catch it before. 

               

              Originally Posted by tweets.13 

              Sorry to hear that!  I hope you are at least having a good experience with your WC.  If I remember correctly from other posts/PMs, things were going well, right?

               

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by lshaef 

              I am really sad to read all of these posts how everyone is having or had such a wonderful experience working with Diana and Paola.  When I intially contacted Ceiba in May/June via email  and phone we waited forever for anyone to respond.  Since we weren't getting any response, we ended up going with an outside WC who was recommended from a former Ceiba bride. I can't explain how upset I am that we had to make this decision!!!! Our hired WC met with us during our site visit and the other Paola did for only about 30 minutes. I guess timing is everything.   I love this website but hate it at the same time.  Sorry for venting!!!!


               




              #77 savvybride2010

              savvybride2010
              • Site Supporter
              • 48 posts

                Posted 10 January 2011 - 10:00 AM

                Oops forgot it didn't pick up the attachment, here you go!

                 

                 

                 

                 

                 

                 

                 

                Attached Files



                #78 KPSouthie

                KPSouthie
                • Newbie
                • 31 posts

                  Posted 10 January 2011 - 07:30 PM

                  Oh I've had plenty of those days so you are not alone! :)  I'm still sorry to hear about the disappointment but it sounds like their getting a little better.  BTW -this is the perfect place to vent so don't apologize!

                   

                  Quote:

                  Originally Posted by lshaef 

                  I think I was just having a bad day and I shouldn't think about wedding stuff during work like I was b/c I get too stressed.  My FI spoke to Diana on the phone and via email and she has been very helpful and clarified some things for us.  Hoping this will continue. 

                   

                   

                  So we haven't decided, but I think we're doing a cake through Ceiba.  I wonder if their cakes are as delicious & beautiful as the cupcakes?  I haven't seen or heard anything about the cakes.  Samantha (who is the bride who posted hers that people refer to) said they were as delicious as they looked.

                   

                  Lauren -I wasn't able to view your pic.  Not sure why, but any chance can add it to your profile photo album or PM me?  I'm curious to see what they look like.  I was also thinking about the bug situation again.  I know you said to use the Deet bug spray on the beach, but do you remember it being real buggy when you were in the bar areas or around the pool at night?

                   

                  Thanks!



                  #79 lshaef

                  lshaef
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 170 posts

                    Posted 10 January 2011 - 07:42 PM

                    KP Southie-

                    When we did our site visit in June the bugs were not bad during the day however the evening was a different story.  The restaruant closest to the beach was very buggy.  There is a large grassy area right beside it with seaweed piled up and other vegatation which I think is what really attracts the bugs.

                     

                     

                    Lauren - did you do your cocktail hour at the sushi lounge area?  How were the bugs?

                     

                    The hotel provides the guests with a bug sprayg that DOES NOT work so take your own!



                    #80 KPSouthie

                    KPSouthie
                    • Newbie
                    • 31 posts

                      Posted 10 January 2011 - 07:42 PM



                      Oops realized after I posted I had a typo in my first sentence. :)

                      Originally Posted by KPSouthie 

                      Oh I've had plenty of those days so you are not alone! :)  I'm still sorry to hear about the disappointment but it sounds like their getting a little better.   






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users