Photo

Any Ceiba del Mar Brides?

• Please log in to reply
211 replies to this topic

#31 lalanyc

lalanyc
  • 363 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 05:46 AM

Hi ladies!  I just had the most spectacular wedding week at Ceiba and am now on honeymoon but I'm very much looking forward to sharing my very detailed review plus TONS of information for all you!!!!!

Love this board and can't wait to give back!   Meanwhile good luck with your planning!

#32 tweets.13

tweets.13
    • Site Supporter
    • 103 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 07:57 AM

CONGRATS!!!!!!!  Have a wonderful honeymoon and I cannot wait to read your review!!!  Less than 5 months for me!

Originally Posted by lalanyc 

Hi ladies!  I just had the most spectacular wedding week at Ceiba and am now on honeymoon but I'm very much looking forward to sharing my very detailed review plus TONS of information for all you!!!!!

Love this board and can't wait to give back!   Meanwhile good luck with your planning!

#33 Nan

Nan
      • 599 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 08:08 AM

Enjoy your honeymoon and please as soon as you are back... post your review!!! 

Nan and Erik forever!!!

#34 jana297

jana297
        • 646 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 08:30 AM

So happy your wedding was perfect!! Can't wait to see pictures!!

Dreams Cacun Resort & Spa
          April 6, 2012

#35 savvybride2010

savvybride2010
          • Site Supporter
          • 48 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 09:05 AM

Congrats!  Enjoy the honeymoon!!!  :) 

Originally Posted by lalanyc 

#36 lshaef

lshaef
            • 170 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 11:23 AM

Congrats Lauren on a great wedding.  Looking forward to seeing picutres!

Who is Filemon??  A donkey?

Originally Posted by savvybride2010 

Hi Gabi,  

Thank you for EVERYTHING!  I'm so sorry I didn't get to meet you in person and tell you that you did an amazing job, everything was exactly as I envisioned it would be!   It was absolutely perfect minus the rain, but even that didn't stop us from having a fabulous time at Ceiba!  Filemon was definitely the hit of the evening, Chad was just thrilled to have a donkey carting beers for our cocktail hour!  I even think the Ceiba staff had a great time with Filemon too!  Thank you again, and please if you ever need a reference for a future bride, I am more than happy to share my experience and photos.

Bests,

Lauren

Quote:

#37 savvybride2010

savvybride2010
              • Site Supporter
              • 48 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 03:24 PM

Yes, Filemon is a donkey!  This was my husband's idea, and he was so excited about Filemon!  We went with a mexican theme for our cocktail hour (Margarita's, sangria, mexican beers, and mexican cuisine passed canapes) and had the donkey along with a Mariachi band.   They saddled him with small buckets of ice and beer and everyone loved getting their pictures with him (see attached). He turned out to be a very sweet donkey, that seemed to enjoy the attention. I will try to post more pictures in an album this weekend! 

Originally Posted by lshaef 

Congrats Lauren on a great wedding.  Looking forward to seeing picutres!

Who is Filemon??  A donkey?

Attached Files

#38 lshaef

lshaef
                • 170 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 12:35 PM

OMG!  That is very original and so much fun!  Yes, post more picutres when you can.  Did Ceiba help arrange Filemon?

Attached Files

#39 lshaef

lshaef
                  • 170 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 01:18 PM

Hi ladies.  Those of you who have been married at Ceiba...what did you do for a wedding cake - from Ceiba or outside vendor OR did you skip cake and do a dessert table or something else?

#40 savvybride2010

savvybride2010
                    • Site Supporter
                    • 48 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 09:57 AM

We used Ceiba's pastry chef to do cupcakes (Margarita & Chocolate Carmel) and they turned out really good.  The Margarita was a vanilla lime cupcake with a tequilla cream frosting.  They also put some of the frosting inside the cupcake which made it very tasty!  I didn't try the chocolate carmel, but those who did say they were excellent too.  We didn't want a formal cake and since dessert was included in the 3 course dinner, we thought cupcakes would make a great snack after all the dancing.  Let's just say they went over well! 

Originally Posted by lshaef 

Hi ladies.  Those of you who have been married at Ceiba...what did you do for a wedding cake - from Ceiba or outside vendor OR did you skip cake and do a dessert table or something else?

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users