Any Ceiba del Mar Brides?

• Please log in to reply
211 replies to this topic

#181 nybride

nybride
  • 31 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 08:56 AM

Hi!
    Thanks for all your awesome advice! I'm from NYC and getting married at Ceiba, too!

Looking into getting the pashminas, did you have to tell them you had a wholesale ID to get that good price?

Also, did you have a DJ you recommend?

#182 bluelenscaribe

bluelenscaribe
    • Vendor
    • 194 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 09:07 AM

Hi Everyone,

We shot a very nice wedding at the Ceiba del Mar and we wanted to share it with you!

DSC_0495.jpgDSC_0530.jpgDSC_0580.jpgMIR_3991.jpgMIR_4348.jpgMIR_4383.jpg

#183 Planner1Events

Planner1Events
      • 140 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 12:11 PM

wow!!! Holly looks amazing on these pictures!! It was a pleasure to help her to design her wedding full of romance and magic!!!!

Congratulations for the beautifull pictures!

Gabi

#184 Jillian Murphy

Jillian Murphy
        • 7 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 04:56 PM

Hi are you still getting married at Ceiba del Mar in May? I have my wedding there on April 14th and they are turning into a sex/swinger club.  This has been devastating for my fiancee and I and we are trying to figure out how to get our deposit back.  

#185 Jillian Murphy

Jillian Murphy
          • 7 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 04:58 PM

Hi.  Are you still getting married at Ceiba? I have my wedding planned there for April 14th and just found out that they have turned into a sex/swinger club as of late March.  My fiancee and I are devastated and in the process of trying to get our $3,500 deposit back.  

#186 mindful

mindful
            • 1 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 05:14 PM

I got married at Ceiba del Mar a few years back, and have been back a few times since then.  It's awful and cold in the Northeast right now, so I was thinking of booking a getaway this winter, but it seems that Ceiba has been sold and the new owners are implementing a "couples only," "clothing optional" concept, effective sometime this March.  Has anyone else heard anything about this?  If it's true, it's very sad!

#187 Jillian Murphy

Jillian Murphy
              • 7 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 08:06 PM

It is true!

http://www.bestdesti...80#post_1713352

http://desirepearl.o...nalresorts.com/

I have a wedding booked there on April 14th this year and I am trying to get my deposit back.  I just found out today and I am sick about this. Don't book it!

#188 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
                • 11,659 posts
                • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 04 January 2012 - 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by Jillian Murphy 

It is true!

http://www.bestdesti...80#post_1713352

http://desirepearl.o...nalresorts.com/

I have a wedding booked there on April 14th this year and I am trying to get my deposit back.  I just found out today and I am sick about this. Don't book it!

Jillian,

I am so sorry...if they just made the change, i wonder if all the people booked during your wedding will be non-swingers...let's hope so

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
                Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
                Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
                Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
                sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
                Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#189 lalanyc

lalanyc
                • 363 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 09:24 PM

THAT'S TERRIBLE NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My husband and I just got a note from management saying they will be changing "administrations" as of March 15, 2012 which includes the hotel's "concept".

SOOO UPSETTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   We were just there this past November to celebrate our anniversary and had heard rumors that they had rented out the hotel to a swingers group the entire week before we arrived.  The poor staff looked distraught whenever we referred to that large party.  Now I can understand why.  I know the economy is tough but never imagined they would turn to this!   What a terrible loss.... 

:(  

#190 Jillian Murphy

Jillian Murphy
                  • 7 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 04:42 AM

It's true! My wedding was set there for April 14, 2012 and I am trying to figure out how to get ahold of anyone at the hotel (lines are disconnected) and how I can get back my deposit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users