Any Ceiba del Mar Brides?

• Please log in to reply
211 replies to this topic

#151 tweets.13

tweets.13
  • Site Supporter
  • 103 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 11:33 AM

Joda - like KPSouthie said, make sure you are converting the prices.  I found that the vendors they gave me last year (they may have changed) were a range - from very expensive vendors to very affordable. 

My understanding is the list is suggested, but that you can essentially bring in anyone you choose.  I would recommend emailing Diana about any vendor you are using who is not on the list just to see if Ceiba is familiar w/the vendor and whether they have positivie or negative things to say about them.  We did that with several of our vendors.

My wedding is in exactly one month from today!!!!!  So, if you need reviews on vendors, I can tell you then!  (All of our vendors so far have been great to work with!)

Good Luck!!! 

#152 tweets.13

tweets.13
    • Site Supporter
    • 103 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 11:43 AM

Thanks - again! :)

Originally Posted by savvybride2010 

Ceiba has the speakers and microphone for rent, the sound was excellent.  I think they provided the table for the ceremony too.   

#153 joda

joda
      • 205 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 12:48 PM

haha, thanks girls : ) I was looking at it in pesos...I guess I shouldn't have been looking reading it on my iphone right before bed! The prices make much more sense now.

#154 tracysf

tracysf
        • 61 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 09:54 AM

Hi Savybride,,

My wedding planner thinks that we shoudn't use a microphone b/c it will be windy and the sound will be bad. You got married on the pier right?  Is that where you used the mic or just for the reception on the Terrace?

Thanks!

Tracy

#155 Brenners

Brenners
          • 807 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 08:29 PM

Diana just sent a list and information to us.  Haven't had time to review it thoroughly yet but she said in her email that we can use any vendors we want.  There is no day pass or fee for us to use them or for them to access the resort which is a big cost savings compared to other resorts we are looking at.

#156 savvybride2010

savvybride2010
            • Site Supporter
            • 48 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 10:14 AM

Hi Tracy,

Yes we were married on the pier and it was windy out that day, but I don't remember hearing any static from the mic because of the wind. There sound equipment was nice quality and we were very happy we used it.  Hope that helps! 

Originally Posted by tracy.clements 

Hi Savybride,,

My wedding planner thinks that we shoudn't use a microphone b/c it will be windy and the sound will be bad. You got married on the pier right?  Is that where you used the mic or just for the reception on the Terrace?

Thanks!

Tracy

#157 wedding decor

wedding decor
              • Banned
              • 109 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 04:33 PM

Here to the quality of the sound sytem is important - with a good sound system there is absolutely no worries - the only think that doesn't work very well are lapel-pin mic. but wireless hand held are absolutely fine.

#158 Brenners

Brenners
                • 807 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 04:18 PM

Anyone have vendor lists outside of those that Ceiba sends to you?  Just want to get an idea of options for prices and quality.  Thanks!

#159 mexbride83

mexbride83
                  • 309 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 04:12 PM

My Ceiba del Mar review is finally up:) http://www.bestdesti...rt/reviews/4765

#160 msawyer

msawyer
                    • 9 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 01:03 PM

Hi Girls,

I am getting married at Ceiba in Sept.  Who are most of you using for hair and make-up?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users