Photo

Any Ceiba del Mar Brides?

• Please log in to reply
211 replies to this topic

#131 Brenners

Brenners
  • 807 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 06:33 PM

Thanks everyone!  Great ideas!  I love them!

#132 KPSouthie

KPSouthie
    • 31 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 06:57 PM

Great ideas everyone!!!  I've also heard of people including local chocolates, coffee and snacks. Since room service isn't included, we want to make sure people have plenty of snacks on hand.   We'll probably just take a quick run to the store when we get down there.

#133 lshaef

lshaef
      • 170 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 09:58 PM

I am planning on getting snacks at Walmart on the way from the airport to the resort. I am hoping they have snack packs of pretzel, chips, etc since there isn't an option for late night snacks. There also is a liquor store right by Walmart so planning on getting some stuff to keep in the penthouse for late night gatherings.

#134 tracysf

tracysf
        • 61 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 10:19 PM

Hi Everyone! Thank you so much! That is super helpful! I am so torn on what seafood to choose for our wedding reception. We are definitely doing the steak---and normally I would choose the sea bass-- but leaning towards the salmon given what I have heard from everyone.

With regards to the welcome bags-- thanks for all the links!  Unfortunately, we can't spend that much on the bags since we have to order 75, but here are some other options if people are looking for less expensive ones:

http://www.orientaltrading.com/ui/browse/processRequest.do?demandPrefix=11&mode=Searching&cm_sp=Cross Sell-_-Product Detail-_-Product Detail&requestURI=processProductsCatalog&xsaleSku=47/979&sku=14/740

http://www.discountm...um-tote-bag.htm 

Also, my friend ordered these for her wedding ($6.60 each) and they are SUPER cute---everyone I know that was at the wedding still uses them when they go to the beach:

http://www.directfro...com/mph111.html

Thanks again for all the tips!!

#135 Brenners

Brenners
          • 807 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 12:19 PM

KP that is a great thought to include some local goodies.  Especially since Ceiba has such a lovely Mexican feel to the resort.  I may have to steal your ideas!  :)

#136 savvybride2010

savvybride2010
            • Site Supporter
            • 48 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 10:10 AM

Since we didn't rent a car, we took the bikes into Puerto Morelos and picked up some snacks at the local convenience market there.  You will probably get a better deal at Walmart if you can get there, but the convenience store had plenty of chips/pretzels/crackers etc.  Also, Ceiba does provide complimentary coffee, tea, juice, sweet rolls, in your room every morning you just need to be sure to fill out the card with your selections and hang it on your door in the evening.  It is a very nice perk!  Also they provide tons of bottled water in the room so don't worry about that.  I'd just focus more on getting some late-night snacks. 

#137 Brenners

Brenners
              • 807 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 05:22 PM

Good to remember.  I think I will lean toward the snacks, sunscreen and bug spray.  Thanks so much!

#138 tracysf

tracysf
                • 61 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 09:25 PM

Hi Ladies,

A couple quick questions---

1) Is anyone else having Javier play during their ceremony? Ceiba recommended him, but I can't really find many reviews online. He has a website with some of his music - which sounds good, but not traditional wedding music.

Savy Bride-- I think you had Javier play for your ceremony? Did you pick out songs for him to play at the ceremony? Any tips?

2) Does anyone know if it gets cold at night in May? Trying to figure out if pashmina's are necessary at this time of year.

Thanks so much as always!  70 more days!!!!!!!!

Tracy

#139 savvybride2010

savvybride2010
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 48 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 10:24 AM

Hi Tracy,

Sorry, we didn't have live music for the ceremony, we just used the resort's sound system ipod/cd player.  We used a mariachi band the resort recommended for our cocktail hour and DJ Mannia for our reception.  I would recommend both of those if you are interested, otherwise I don't have any info on Javier.  Sorry I'm not more help, good luck!

#140 tweets.13

tweets.13
                    • Site Supporter
                    • 103 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 11:05 AM

Hi Tracy!  We are using Javier.  I have not asked him to play anything specific, and I think I am just going to leave it to his discretion.  (I read reviews somewhere, but cannot remember where at this point.  I do remember reading good things, and liking  his music online.)  I don't have any specific songs in mind that I want played, and I figure he has done many weddings and knows what would be good.  Plus, I want the music to be a little more Mexican sounding.  Our wedding is in just over a month, so I can let you know how he was after we get back! :)

Originally Posted by tracy.clements 

Hi Ladies,

A couple quick questions---

1) Is anyone else having Javier play during their ceremony? Ceiba recommended him, but I can't really find many reviews online. He has a website with some of his music - which sounds good, but not traditional wedding music.

Savy Bride-- I think you had Javier play for your ceremony? Did you pick out songs for him to play at the ceremony? Any tips?

2) Does anyone know if it gets cold at night in May? Trying to figure out if pashmina's are necessary at this time of year.

Thanks so much as always!  70 more days!!!!!!!!

Tracy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users