Any Ceiba del Mar Brides?

Hey girls! I haven't picked my resort yet but I really like all the information I have read so far from you guys! And the pics look beautiful! The only thing I am really worried about is the fact that you have to bring in your own vendors.  For those of you that have had your weddings already did you have to set anything up or does the hotel staff do it? I was also wondering if you hired an event planner or picked all the vendors yourselves? If you did use an event planner was the cost reasonable? I would really like to use this resort I am just concerned that all the costs will add up quickly and it will be too expensive. I also don't want to have to worry about setting anything up! Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks so much!

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Jlynne,

I haven't been on here in a while, but I got married last October and used Gabi of planner1events as my event planner.  She was awesome to work with over e-mail and phone (very responsive!) and got every last detail down for what I wanted.  Her staff is very familiar with Ceiba and they work well with Ceiba's staff to make your day just perfect.  I was not involved at all with the setup, other than some custom stationary and favors that I passed off to them.  They handled every detail from ceremony, cocktail, to reception.  All I had to do was get ready and show up on the pier, which made for a very stress free day!  I would highly recommend using an event planner, although Ceiba's wedding coordinator Paola is wonderful and helpful, you will still have to arrange vendors for everything yourself (decor, flowers, musicians, etc.)  An event planner just streamlines that for you by going to one person for everything.  Plus I do believe you get better rates from an event planner than you do trying to outsource everything yourself.  Or at least that was my experience working with Gabi. 

Also, there is another thread on here that is a little more up to date on Ceiba brides.  Check it out, its under "ceiba del mar hotel and spa"! 

Good luck with planning your perfect day! 

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlynne View Post

Hey girls! I haven't picked my resort yet but I really like all the information I have read so far from you guys! And the pics look beautiful! The only thing I am really worried about is the fact that you have to bring in your own vendors.  For those of you that have had your weddings already did you have to set anything up or does the hotel staff do it? I was also wondering if you hired an event planner or picked all the vendors yourselves? If you did use an event planner was the cost reasonable? I would really like to use this resort I am just concerned that all the costs will add up quickly and it will be too expensive. I also don't want to have to worry about setting anything up! Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks so much!

Our wedding at Ceiba was incredible and I am soooo happy we decided on there.  Do not be nervous about the vendors.  We did not use an event planner and everything turned out perfectly!  (You can use an event planner as well - I know some brides on here have used them.  Get referrals.  It is not necessary though.  I did it on my own and it was very easy.)  Ceiba will give you a list of vendors that they recommend (and who are familiar w/the resort).  You do have to do some leg work as far as contacting and working with the vendors, but it is all by email and quite simple.  (It sometimes took a few days for certain vendors to get back to me, but they all did follow-up and were very, very professional.)   We used Ivan Gomez from DJ Doremixx, Gabi from Planner1Events (for flowers/decorations), Pam from Beautyweddings (to perform the ceremony), a mariachi that Ceiba recommended, and Javiar Rojas for music during the ceremony.  We flew in our own photographer -- Brooke Boling (she was GREAT!).  I communicated with them all by email, and we contracted over email.  I wired deposits to them, and everything went smoothly.  These are vendors that are professionals and have been doing this for a while.   I would recommend each and every one of them 100 times over!  They really made our wedding special.  There is a ton of info on here about vendors, so you can always do a little research on whomever you are considering.    

As far as the day of (or days leading up), Ceiba and/or the vendors take care of setting everything up for you.  Ceiba set-up our cocktail hour, and it looked great!  Ceiba set-up our rehearsal dinner, and it looked incredible!  (We had Gabi from Planner1 set up some Mexican flags as well.)  On the day of the wedding, the only thing I had to think of was getting ready.  I had given Paola the place cards, guest book, table cards, etc. that I brought, and she took care of everything!  I was in the midst of getting my hair curled when two ladies who work with Gabi at Planner1 showed up with my flowers - right on time!  Everything just fell into place with very little effort on my end.  Also, the vendors I used were very helpful in working within my budget and giving me alternative ideas that were more affordable. 

Feel free to PM me if you have more questions or want to see some pictures!

hello girls!! thanks savvybride2010 for your words :)!!

welcome Jlynne!!!!

!1 in case you need any help or asistance, please do not hesitate in contact me anytime. we hae !!!ggggggggggggggggGGGGGRFDdfd!!!wertyhja3W E4T5NMY7U,

I will love to help you in case you need any assitence! we have worked at Ceiba and a lot of other hotels, so incase you need any tip or pictures from some hotels I can share with you :)!!

this is our facebook page in case you want to see some of our work!

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=hp#!/planner1events

warmest regards!!

Gabi

n

Hi jlynne,

I just had my wedding at the Ceiba last month and it was amazing!  I havenâ€t had the chance to write a full review yet, but I saw that you had questions on vendors so I wanted to chime in. I know the thought of having to select your own vendors can sound a bit daunting and overwhelming, but itâ€s actually nice to be able to have options since everyoneâ€s tastes and needs are different.  This website is very useful in your research as well as referrals you can get from the vendors.  Iâ€m not sure what size your wedding will be, but ours was 90 people and I did all of the planning in conjunction with Paola from Ceiba and Raffaele from EW Cancun –Events & Weddings.  I canâ€t say enough good things about working with Raffaele who is almost like having a wedding coordinator.  He was instrumental in helping me bring my vision to life and pulling together all of the elements for our wedding events. I used him for the décor at our welcome reception and wedding, arranging a bon voyage catamaran cruise and to handle our guests†excursions.  What was really nice is that Raffaele has relationships with other vendors in the industry so it made it easy when selecting our florist Vanessa Jaimes and DJ David.  Speaking of our other vendors, Vanessa and David were also fantastic!  Vanessaâ€s flowers were fresh and gorgeous and DJ David had everyone on the dance floor until 1:00am.  He really paid attention to the crowd and didnâ€t just play songs but would mix the music together.  For my ceremony music -Arpason, photographer –Rafa Ibanez and videographer –Mediamorfoisis, I found them by researching online.  Again, I canâ€t say enough good things about my vendors!  They were all so easy to work with and very professional.  Thereâ€s no doubt in my mind if I had to do it all over, I would chose each and every one of them again!   If you any questions feel free to send me a message. :)  Good luck!!

Hi msawyer,

I used Fernando Fuentes and loved him & his team!  Fernando is an artist and knows how to work his magic.  I decided to have him and the hair stylist (can't remember his name right now) come the day before to do my trial hair & makeup.  This was perfect because after we selected my wedding day look, we changed it up and I had a different look for my welcome reception. For my wedding day he brought Julius another makeup artist and two hair stylists to help my wedding party of seven get ready.  All of the girls wanted their hair done, but for makeup it was only myself, the mothers and one bridesmaid.  However as soon as I and the one bridesmaid had our makeup done, the rest decided they wanted theirs done as well! We each had our own beautiful look and felt amazing.  I can also attest to the longevitiy and wearabilty.  It rained during the ceremony and then later it was hot and humid, but everyone's makeup was perfect, lasting through the night!  One last thing that I wanted to mention is that Fernando's personality is great!  He's so sweet, funny and laidback.  An added bonus to making you look gorgeous, Fernando really knows how to put you at ease and helps you to relax when the craziness hits.  There's a seperate thread all about him and his team on this site and his website is http://the-makeup-pros.com/

Quote:

Originally Posted by msawyer View Post

Hi Girls,

I am getting married at Ceiba in Sept.  Who are most of you using for hair and make-up?

Hi,

I'm a newbie planning our destination wedding for July 2012... I've contacted Ceiba twice through their website, and still have not had a response. Can someone please give me the email address for the wedding co-ordinator on site. Looks like an awesome venue!

Thanks!!!!

Paola's email address is: groups1@ceibadelmar.com

They are typically very responsive!

Originally Posted by DNwedding View Post

Hi,

I'm a newbie planning our destination wedding for July 2012... I've contacted Ceiba twice through their website, and still have not had a response. Can someone please give me the email address for the wedding co-ordinator on site. Looks like an awesome venue!

Thanks!!!!