Any Ceiba del Mar Brides?

We met with DJ Omar when we did our site visit and another DJ.   A girl that I spoke to also used DJ Omar and really liked him.  We haven't been in contact with him since June but I want to touch base with him over the next few weeks.  ( showsystem@hotmail.com  Omar Bautista Figueroa )

We were going to use Pam Lopez as our minister but we are now using my FI's uncle.  We are doing the legal ceremony before we go to Mexico.  Quite a few people have used her and her English is perfect and very sweet from what I hear.

I definitely plan on slipping up anything that I am taking with family members! 

Yes, the rain has definitely helped to melt some snow but now they are calling for more Thursday into Friday.  I live across from Manhattan and parking on the street is a nightmare.  I parked ontop of a snow pile yesterday and couldn't get my car out.  Some guy was nice to help me get out! 

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Ladies,

We packed two duffles full of OOT bags each 50lbs (my husband was rolling his eyes the whole way!) and travelled with them ourselves.  They gave us a little bit of a hard time going through customs in Cancun, they just wanted to make sure we weren't selling things since there were so many of the same thing.  But it worked out great for us because once they were empty we were able to combine the two into one and put my dress and his suit in it for our friend to take back so we didn't have to lug that stuff on to our honeymoon. 

We used DJMannia from Cancun, they were very professional and really read the crowd well.  They kept everyone dancing!  Plus they were one of the more reasonably priced DJs in the area.  I would highly recommend getting a quote from them. 

We used Pam Lopez for our ceremony, she is very sweet!  We wrote our entire ceremony and were happy with her.  She definitely has an accent but she speaks slowly and clearly so she worked well for us.  I'm sure Ceiba could give you a few recommendations as well.  Good luck!

Sorry to hear about your car getting stuck in the snow, ugh!  I can't complain, Denver has been unusually warm and sunny this winter, it has only snowed once in town so far! 

I too am TIRED of the dirty snow piles!  I am a skier too (and looking forward to a weekend in Stratton next month), but living in Manhattan with snow piles stinks!  The snow takes up much needed parking spaces!  (Makes me all the more excited for Mexico in 2 1/2 months!) 

We are using DJ Doremixx.  Our communications with Ivan have been great, and every review (and there are many out there) of his work has been great other than one review posted on this forum.  Plus, Ceiba said he does a great job.  His price was better than some of the others as well. 

For the ceremony, we are having a guitarist play - Javier Rojas (www.javierrojas.com.mx).  His music sounds great on-line, and Ceiba also recommended him. 

We are using Pam Lopez to perform the ceremony.  She has been GREAT and put up with many, many questions from my FI and me.  She is quick with her responses, and provides detailed information.  Her website has helpful information on it: www.beautyweddings.com

As far as decorations/flowers, we are using Planner1 - Gabi Lavor.  She has been wonderful to work with, so if you do not like the quote from Eventos, definitely check her out!  www.planner1events.com

Just as an FYI if you have not ordered invites yet, we used The Aerialist Press www.theaerialistpress.com.  (I posted this already somewhere on here, but cannot remember where - so sorry if this is a repeat.)  They do very nice letterpress for a very affordable price.  They have samples on their website, but they also have options not listed - so if you don't see something, just ask them.  (We wanted palm trees, but could not find one we like - so they emailed us a sample that was not on the site.)

What have you ladies decided to do about cake?

Hello tracy.clements congratulations on your weding. Here i leave you a link to a wedding video at ceiba del mar in puerto morelos. I hope this serves you in getting ideas for your wedding.

If you have any questions please don´t hesitate to ask us.

http://mediamorfosisblog.com/2010/04/riviera-maya-wedding-video-puerto-morelos-ceiba-del-mar-karim-jen/

www.mediamorfosis.com.mx

Hi everyone!  I just joined BDW, getting married at Ceiba del Mar in May!  I figured it was time to stop free-riding off of everyone's advice and join the conversation :)

We are trying to decide about a cake right now too -- we were thinking of using an outside vendor, but Ceiba charges $5 per guest for serving it, so it might just make sense to go with them...Has anyone tasted their cake?

Get ready tweets because we have another storm coming our way!!  You will definitely have enough snow when you hit the slopes.  Come to think of it, you may not even need to leave the city!  haha

We are also considering using DJ Doremixx and Javier for our ceremony.  Do you know by chance if Javier plays any of the traditional wedding songs or just his own? 

As for the cake we're still up in the air, but I think we're going to have that done with the onsite pastry chef.  I've heard great things about him!

One thing that I wanted to mention to everyone is that I asked Diana about the bugs.  She assured me that they spray the event area twice the day of the event.  They'll also do the tiki torches with Citronella.  However, I'm still planning to have additional bugspray on hand.

Originally Posted by tweets.13 View Post

I too am TIRED of the dirty snow piles!  I am a skier too (and looking forward to a weekend in Stratton next month), but living in Manhattan with snow piles stinks!  The snow takes up much needed parking spaces!  (Makes me all the more excited for Mexico in 2 1/2 months!) 

We are using DJ Doremixx.  Our communications with Ivan have been great, and every review (and there are many out there) of his work has been great other than one review posted on this forum.  Plus, Ceiba said he does a great job.  His price was better than some of the others as well. 

For the ceremony, we are having a guitarist play - Javier Rojas (www.javierrojas.com.mx).  His music sounds great on-line, and Ceiba also recommended him. 

We are using Pam Lopez to perform the ceremony.  She has been GREAT and put up with many, many questions from my FI and me.  She is quick with her responses, and provides detailed information.  Her website has helpful information on it: www.beautyweddings.com

As far as decorations/flowers, we are using Planner1 - Gabi Lavor.  She has been wonderful to work with, so if you do not like the quote from Eventos, definitely check her out!  www.planner1events.com

Just as an FYI if you have not ordered invites yet, we used The Aerialist Press www.theaerialistpress.com.  (I posted this already somewhere on here, but cannot remember where - so sorry if this is a repeat.)  They do very nice letterpress for a very affordable price.  They have samples on their website, but they also have options not listed - so if you don't see something, just ask them.  (We wanted palm trees, but could not find one we like - so they emailed us a sample that was not on the site.)

What have you ladies decided to do about cake?