Photo

Do you have to use the mats for the aisle?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 lety01

lety01
  • 37 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 04:54 PM

Hi All,
    In all pictures I have seen of weddings everyone walks down the aisle on those square mats. Has anyone gone down without the mats, just barefeet in the sand? It is what my sis really wants, but since I have not seen it I wondered if perhaps they don't allow you to walk down in the sand barefeet. Any input would help here!!! Thanks!

#2 KCHISM

KCHISM
    • 30 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 04:30 PM

I think almost everyone uses mats because the sand gets pretty hot during the day. I'm sure if it was requested to not have them, most places would oblige.
      Las Caletas...Here we come!
      http://dwdf.daisypath.com/QMTum5.png

Bride & Groom + 17 guests booked!

#3 kate.com

kate.com

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 8,921 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 11:06 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by KCHISM
        I think almost everyone uses mats because the sand gets pretty hot during the day. I'm sure if it was requested to not have them, most places would oblige.
        I think she is right! And also they are there so you don't sink... hard to walk gracefully in a dress in the sand. But it can/has been done!

#4 tiffaneyh

tiffaneyh
        • 151 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 11:12 PM

I think it really depends on whether or not you want to wear shoes. If you wear wedges or some sort of sandal it may work without the mats, but you would have to be dancing down the isle to avoid burnt feet.
          Tiffaney

Dreams Puerto Vallarta
          October 21, 2010

#5 Laur13

Laur13
          • 179 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 10:50 AM

I am just walking down the sand....no shoes barefeet....where do you get these mats? My hotel rents a wooden walkway but its not that long and it is 150 bucks.

#6 Celina

Celina
            • Banned
            • 2,811 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 12:19 PM

I had my hotel lay palm fronds in the aisle like next to the chairs and left a strip of sand in the middle as my "aisle".  Hope that makes sense.  I guess it would depend on what time of day you got married also.  They didn't charge me anything.

"Love is not who you live with...it's who you can't live without"

#7 wnmrtn8

wnmrtn8
              • 170 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 06:16 PM

I am also using them for my guest not to sink into the sand with the high heels. I would also think they are used like other girls said in this forum because the sand gets very hot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users