MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 10,366 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 10:25 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by JenandBrendanWedding
    Where are you going to look?

By the way, what part of Maryland are you from? I was born in Silver Spring (even though my parents moved back to NY when I was only a couple months old) and I have family outside of Baltimore too. I grew up spending my summers in MD. I was on the Cal Ripken Jr. fan club too - how dorky.

Baltimore, well Eastern Shore originally.... Today I am just going to Davids... I will hit some local bridal shops another day this week

#12 NYJen

NYJen
    • 1,326 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 10:28 AM

Good luck, have fun and bring your own strapless bra with you.

#13 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 10,366 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 10:31 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by JenandBrendanWedding
        Good luck, have fun and bring your own strapless bra with you.
        another thing I had not thought about!!! I knew you girls would help me out....

#14 LisaG

LisaG
        • VIP Member
        • 7,839 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 10:35 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by akh
          if you're going somewhere that lets you take pictures - do it! some girls rethink the dresses once they see themselves in a picture.

oh, and i second an earlier comment ... don't try it on if it's not in your price range!
          I agree with Ann on this one. I thought I found "the dress" until I saw myself in it a few days later in the pics we took.

#15 RaydensMama

RaydensMama
          • VIP Member
          • 2,861 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 11:54 AM

Good luck!!!!

#16 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 10,366 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 11:55 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by RaydensMama
              Good luck!!!!
              thank you girls, I am getting really excited!!

#17 boscobel

boscobel
              • VIP Member
              • 24,213 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 12:18 PM

It's about time, Shelley! Good luck and let us know how it went. Def take some pics.

Holy Smokes! Sorry for the size of the pic, I am going to go to try to fix that now!!!

#18 verrow23

verrow23
                • 85 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 12:36 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by beachbride
                  Baltimore, well Eastern Shore originally.... Today I am just going to Davids... I will hit some local bridal shops another day this week

Good luck!
                  I went to Davids a few weeks ago and the people were being weird about how many dreses I could try on! I hope I'm the only one that has had that issue.
                  I knew he was the man I would marry as soon as we met...

#19 JulieG

JulieG
                  • VIP Member
                  • 8,323 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 12:44 PM

YAY!!! Good luck. Come back and show us pics and let us know how it went. I can't tell you anything that everyone else has not already told you. Oh, except if you are going to look for a veil as well, wear you hair as you would on your wedding day (ie. up or down or half up), that was you can get an idea if you like it and/or want to wear one. Make sure you do try on lots of dresses, even ones you are not sure you like. Its what I did, I tried on one that everyone did not like cause of a pin on it, and it was the one that everyone loved and said looked amazing on me. So, you just never know.

#20 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
                    • 4,979 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 12:46 PM

Oh I definately agree... try on styles you never thought you'd like. The dresses I've fallen in love with (so far!) are COMPELTELY different from what I went looking for. Try on every style that you have energy to try on!

I'll 2nd (or 3rd?) that comment about taking pictures and perhaps changing your mind once you see the picture. I've done that once. And try not to impulse buy! lol. There have been TWO dresses so far that I was sure was the one and almost bought right then and there. I waited, and went and tried them on again a few days later and totally changed my mind.

Same with the thong thing! lol. But I always wear nude-colour boyshorts.

Good luck, and have fun - a lot of fun! They completely dress you up like you're a princess... enjoy it! :)
                      Happily Married since May 9, 2008
                      Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users