Majestic colonial- open bar!

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 brendali.caban

brendali.caban
  • 51 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 04:59 PM

I am posting this as a seperate thread.

It seems there is alot of miscommunication in terms of open bar prices for the M.C.

For me, I am expecting up to a 100 people. Open bar has been quoted to me as the following-

Premium-35
    International-25
    National- 15

This is PER HOUR, PER PERSON.

This means for a ONE HOUR open bar for my guests would be $1500.

Frankly, I find this ridiculous.

Continuing however, a couple of brides on the Facebook M.C. group, have said their wedding coordinator has quoted them with a newly implemented base price of $500 for rental of reception space, sound system, and OPEN BAR per hour. This is MUCH more reasonable.

How many of you have gotten back a per person quote and a $500 base pay quote? I feel this is ridiculous, and especially for brides bringing such a big group as well as MONEY!!!

#2 Oryx

Oryx
    • 727 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 05:30 PM

I've just e-mailed Sandra as well. I wish they would communicate such changes more clearly!

#3 brendali.caban

brendali.caban
      • 51 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 05:50 PM

Please let us know as soon as she responds. Yadilis sent me that info, and I emailed her back asking about the 500 option!

#4 nicoleswrld

nicoleswrld
        • 61 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 06:49 PM

Wardes who took over for Claudia just told me about that new flat fee option! So it is correct.

#5 Oryx

Oryx
          • 727 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 01:02 PM

I haven't received anything back yet from Sandra... they are probably flooded with e-mails. I hope that conveys the need to communicate more efficiently and consistently in the future!

#6 ali0284

ali0284
            • 226 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 11:56 PM

I got an email from Sandra today... this is what she said:

Q. Also, I was reading on the Facebook group, a few brides said they were quoted a price of $500 for rental of the wetbar/parrot bar, and that included open bar along with the sound system. So i'm just a little confused with pricing now. If you could clarify for me i'd really appreciate it

.[Sandra de la Cruz] Of course it will be a pleasure to clarify it, I see there has been a lot of confusion but please make sure to understand except for the outside photographers policy, that is also a business expense for them, not for our couples, there is nothing that is going to affect negatively to weddings, we just have added a new option of renting the parrots bar or wet bar (as well as it was offered since we opened at the sports bar or disco) for US$500.00 per hour including set up, national drinks and sound system. You can go with this option or keep the other one of US$300.00 to rent it and add what you prefer about drinks, music, etc.
              ~*I believe in the sand beneath my toes, the beach gives a feeling an earthy feeling*~

#7 khomac

khomac
              • 380 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 12:34 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by ali0284
                I got an email from Sandra today... this is what she said:

Q. Also, I was reading on the Facebook group, a few brides said they were quoted a price of $500 for rental of the wetbar/parrot bar, and that included open bar along with the sound system. So i'm just a little confused with pricing now. If you could clarify for me i'd really appreciate it

.[Sandra de la Cruz] Of course it will be a pleasure to clarify it, I see there has been a lot of confusion but please make sure to understand except for the outside photographers policy, that is also a business expense for them, not for our couples, there is nothing that is going to affect negatively to weddings, we just have added a new option of renting the parrots bar or wet bar (as well as it was offered since we opened at the sports bar or disco) for US$500.00 per hour including set up, national drinks and sound system. You can go with this option or keep the other one of US$300.00 to rent it and add what you prefer about drinks, music, etc.
                NOTE GUYS! She said $500 per hour
                Kelly & Pablo

http://www.michaelsteingard.com
                Michael and Phil Steingard are located in Ontario, but travel to Punta Cana quite often during the year. There is a good chance they will be down already during your wedding week, so this will cut travel costs

#8 Mel4983

Mel4983
                • 131 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 05:21 PM

Thanks so much for clarifying that... It sounds like a good option!

#9 Littleone77

Littleone77
                  • 157 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 08:54 PM

I got that info too...I was getting worried because I was also told I had the Presdnt suite and then told I didn't send them a reply...which I did and kept but it was too late...
                    Hopefully this will stay an option cause I have 60+ and the pricing was getting a little much!
                    Thanks for advising on the follow-up

#10 Oryx

Oryx
                    • 727 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 09:07 PM

I got a similar e-mail from Sandra:

[Sandra de la Cruz] US$500.00 per hour including sound system + set up + national drinks was available before for sports bar and disco, we have added this option for the wet bar and parrots bar

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users