Photo

Jellyfish Restaurant

• Please log in to reply
3033 replies to this topic

#951 Kirsten

Kirsten
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:41 PM

Okay! I think I just figured out how to post a few pics lol...

Ceremony setup

Ceremony.JPG

Rose petal cones (they hung from each chair - see pic above; our guests showered us with petals during the recessional!)

Rose Petal Cones.jpg

Lounge area for cocktail hour (just beside wedding ceremony location on beach)

Lounge.jpg

Reception seating chart (drink umbrella name tags in a cute sandbox)

Seating Chart.jpg

Reception decorations/setup

Reception 2.jpg

Centrepiece on reception tables

Centrepieces.jpg

Place settings (notice the attention to detail with the menus and napkin ties! You won't get this at a resort!)

Place Setting.jpg

Cake (three-tier vanilla cake with layers of fresh mango pur©e...delicious)

Cake.jpg

The Jellyfish (view from the beach)

Jellyfish.jpg

My flowers (this was the thank you card we made for guests after the wedding; my boquet and husband's boutonniere came from the florist that Mayte works with; I got exactly what I requested...and orchids are super difficult to get the D.R.!)

Thank You.jpg

As you can see Mayte is a real pro. She actually told me last week she's averaging two weddings a day! She's that busy and she still gets every detail right...an absolute pleasure to work with :)

Let me know if you have any other questions!

#952 venus909

venus909
    • 328 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:32 AM

VERY PRETTY!  I love your bouquet!  I'm requesting a cascading orchid bouquet.  Mayte gave me a quote, but since you said that Orchids are hard to come by in DR I'm a little worried.  Hopefully they can make it the way the picture is.  Also, did the flowers for your cake come from the same florist?

Originally Posted by Kirsten 

Okay! I think I just figured out how to post a few pics lol...

Ceremony setup

Ceremony.JPG

Rose petal cones (they hung from each chair - see pic above; our guests showered us with petals during the recessional!)

Rose Petal Cones.jpg

Lounge area for cocktail hour (just beside wedding ceremony location on beach)

Lounge.jpg

Reception seating chart (drink umbrella name tags in a cute sandbox)

Seating Chart.jpg

Reception decorations/setup

Reception 2.jpg

Centrepiece on reception tables

Centrepieces.jpg

Place settings (notice the attention to detail with the menus and napkin ties! You won't get this at a resort!)

Place Setting.jpg

Cake (three-tier vanilla cake with layers of fresh mango pur©e...delicious)

Cake.jpg

The Jellyfish (view from the beach)

Jellyfish.jpg

My flowers (this was the thank you card we made for guests after the wedding; my boquet and husband's boutonniere came from the florist that Mayte works with; I got exactly what I requested...and orchids are super difficult to get the D.R.!)

Thank You.jpg

As you can see Mayte is a real pro. She actually told me last week she's averaging two weddings a day! She's that busy and she still gets every detail right...an absolute pleasure to work with :)

Let me know if you have any other questions!

#953 Kirsten

Kirsten
      • 9 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:34 PM

Yes, I believe all of the flowers used for our entire wedding came from the same florist. Mayte also works with an awesome decorator, as you can see! Mayte had asked me for my "backup flowers" in case she couldn't get orchids (I'd told her orange or white lillies and birds of paradise), and they ended up using these flowers as well in the decorations, which I loved. You're in great hands with Mayte. I'm sure your wedding will be beautiful! Good luck with everything :)

#954 Kel123073

Kel123073
        • Site Supporter
        • 189 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:30 PM

Just wondering reception costs vs. reception at PPR..... We are working on our guest list and wondering which is the better economical choice....

#955 venus909

venus909
          • 328 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:12 PM

I think it depends on the options you want.  For me, the cost is about the same if I had it at the resort or at the Jellyfish...  I think the Jellyfish comes out just a bit cheaper... However, the personalization and the privacy we get at the Jellyfish plus the extra options is worth sooo much more. 

So I think it really depends on the feel you want your wedding to have.  I think for most brides though, the Jellyfish does come out to be a better price and value.

Originally Posted by Kel123073 

Just wondering reception costs vs. reception at PPR..... We are working on our guest list and wondering which is the better economical choice....

#956 trixxy say

trixxy say
            • 10 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:35 PM

Hello Ladies, I finally got through all 93 pages, and I am ready to join the group. Mayte has confirmed our date April 10, 2013. So excited, all your posts are helping with putting together our inspiration board. Looking forward to hearing about all your up coming weddings, and the planning ahead.

#957 trixxy say

trixxy say
              • 10 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:40 PM

Hello Ladies, I finally got through all 93 pages, and I am ready to join the group. Mayte has confirmed our date April 10, 2013. So excited, all your posts are helping with putting together our inspiration board. Looking forward to hearing about all your up coming weddings, and the planning ahead.

#958 cinnagirl

cinnagirl
                • 261 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:56 AM

Would any ladies that have been married through Jellyfish, or are about to me married at Jellyfish mind sharing how much their wedding did/will cost? As well as share how many people you had/have? We just got our quote from Mayte and I think it's a good price, but I'd love to see what other people are paying as well.

And does anyone have wedding quotes from resorts in the area as well? I'd love to see the comparison between the cost for a wedding at Jellyfish and one at a resort. 

#959 Kel123073

Kel123073
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 189 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 04:01 AM

Thanks .... I kind of was getting that feeling. We are trying to figure out our guest list and determine how many people. This forum has been the best thing ever! So many amazing ideas and helpful tips for planning a destination wedding. Kelly

#960 trixxy say

trixxy say
                    • 10 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:55 PM

Hello Ladies,.

I finally read through all 94 pages of this forum and I am ready to join the convo. We were originally planning on doing both our ceremony and reception at the Melia, but after coming across this forum and checking out the facebook page we are doing everything at the Jellyfish. Mayte has confirmed us for April 10, 2013. SO excited!! Can't wait to hear about more amazing weddings, and join in on the planning.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users