Photo

Jellyfish Restaurant

• Please log in to reply
3033 replies to this topic

#781 jlarruda

jlarruda
  • 201 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 10:58 PM

Astef- We planned on meeting Mayte on the Wed. we arrived, but by the time we settled in, we were tired and it was getting late.. so we met with her on the Thurs (she was busy planning a wedding that afternoon, but you have her attention) plus it was raining/thunder.. welcome dinner was on the Friday, wedding was on the Saturday.  Don't stress/overwhelm yourself because honestly its almost 3 months later I'm wanting to go on an actual honeymoon because I feel like my husband and I werent able to relax/were always with people.

Lona- not worth it to rent out the restaurant, Mayte will even tell you that..unless you were to have a huge wedding or if you have issues with people eating dinner upstairs (they go by a different entrance).

Sunny- I'm sure you can and there would be an additional cost, just ask Mayte.

Sooooooooo.. I can't sleep, here are some pictures (still waiting on professional pictures):

bouquet.jpg
    My mom holding my bouquet.

311063_10150375421858660_178459043659_8274888_1444673544_n.jpg

Bouquet

378410_736961157186_41502557_35862962_733393617_n.jpg

MOH holding bouquet

tableours.jpg

sweetheart table.. I made the bride/groom signs, Mayte did everything else.

table.jpg

Guest table- Mayte did the napkin set up in our colors, menu, name cards

tableguests.jpg

Guest table.. and you can see our welcome cocktail- Sex on the beach I believe in our colors.

Enjoy :)

By the way if you find me on facebook, please shoot me a message just saying who you are rather than just adding me.. cause I don't add people I don't know.

#782 astef

astef
    • 161 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 03:55 AM

Thank you! How long was the meeting with Mayte??

Alex & Michael, April 23rd 2012

Jellyfish Restaurant, Punta Cana

Melia Caribe Tropical Resort

#783 LonaJ

LonaJ
      • 79 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:34 AM

Your Bouquet was absolutely gorgeous!!!!

Originally Posted by jlarruda 

Astef- We planned on meeting Mayte on the Wed. we arrived, but by the time we settled in, we were tired and it was getting late.. so we met with her on the Thurs (she was busy planning a wedding that afternoon, but you have her attention) plus it was raining/thunder.. welcome dinner was on the Friday, wedding was on the Saturday.  Don't stress/overwhelm yourself because honestly its almost 3 months later I'm wanting to go on an actual honeymoon because I feel like my husband and I werent able to relax/were always with people.

Lona- not worth it to rent out the restaurant, Mayte will even tell you that..unless you were to have a huge wedding or if you have issues with people eating dinner upstairs (they go by a different entrance).

Sunny- I'm sure you can and there would be an additional cost, just ask Mayte.

Sooooooooo.. I can't sleep, here are some pictures (still waiting on professional pictures):

bouquet.jpg
        My mom holding my bouquet.

311063_10150375421858660_178459043659_8274888_1444673544_n.jpg

Bouquet

378410_736961157186_41502557_35862962_733393617_n.jpg

MOH holding bouquet

tableours.jpg

sweetheart table.. I made the bride/groom signs, Mayte did everything else.

table.jpg

Guest table- Mayte did the napkin set up in our colors, menu, name cards

tableguests.jpg

Guest table.. and you can see our welcome cocktail- Sex on the beach I believe in our colors.

Enjoy :)

By the way if you find me on facebook, please shoot me a message just saying who you are rather than just adding me.. cause I don't add people I don't know.

#784 LonaJ

LonaJ
        • 79 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 07:39 AM

Hi Hildalin,

I was wondering if you have had any luck with contacting Mayte to book your date? I'm trying to book for Oct 19 and I still haven't heard back from her.

Originally Posted by Hildalin 

Hello I am trying to book my June 2013 wedding, and have a couple questions.. what hotels are u ladies using for your guests? I am trying to find the best deals for the guets but dont want to too far either, help? also what is the transportation to the Jelly fish like from these resorts?

#785 Hildalin

Hildalin
          • 12 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 10:08 AM

Hi Lona,

I did hear back from Mayte, it did take sometime though. I have not booked my date as I cannot decide between Jellyfish and Kukua, I plan to go down in March and hopefully decide and book on the spot.

Originally Posted by LonaJ 

Hi Hildalin,

I was wondering if you have had any luck with contacting Mayte to book your date? I'm trying to book for Oct 19 and I still haven't heard back from her.

#786 cnd29

cnd29
            • 132 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 07:59 AM

Is anyone having (or those of you who've had) a legal ceremony at the Jellyfish, Do you know if we have to be there 3 business days ahead of the ceremony?  We are trying to book our resort and figure out what days to go but I've been waiting for mayte's response over a week now!

I also asked her if she knew what time the ceremony will be so I can do my invitations but haven't heard back...

#787 sunny55143

sunny55143
              • 84 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 05:42 PM

cnd29, I've heard that you have to be in the DR for 72 hours before you can get legally married.

#788 stella331

stella331
                • 247 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 06:03 PM

My sister had her wedding reception here.  It was beautiful and Mayte is awesome! She is great to work with.  You def. won't be disappointed:)

46 booked and counting!

#789 cnd29

cnd29
                  • 132 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 07:22 PM

Yes, but with the wedding on a Sunday is it 72 hrs on business days or just 72 hours?  That's what we aren't sure of. 

Originally Posted by sunny55143 

cnd29, I've heard that you have to be in the DR for 72 hours before you can get legally married.

#790 sunny55143

sunny55143
                    • 84 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:21 PM

I read somewhere on here that it's 72 business hours, and that Saturday counts as a business day in the DR, but the day you get down there doesn't count.  

Don't quote me though!  I can't handle that responsibility!  I bet it's in a thread somewhere in the DR weddings forum...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users