Photo

Jellyfish Restaurant

• Please log in to reply
3033 replies to this topic

#701 mimiq

mimiq
  • 184 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 04:00 PM

I was wondering if anyone knows if the tax is already included in the rate in the Jellyfish brochure.  If it isn't were you charged 16% or 26% on food and drinks?  I'm just looking at the resort brochure (ME) and they state the tax rate for each item.  Want to make sure I'm comparing apples to apples!

thanks!

#702 Ameralusion

Ameralusion
    • 8 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 12:20 AM

I just received and email from Mayte with the Jellyfish brochure. I am curious too if prices include tax?

#703 AquaCait

AquaCait
      • 209 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 06:31 AM

Hi Ladies.  I just checked my invoice that I got from Mayte, and it looks like everything includes the taxes already. 

Happy planning!!

Originally Posted by mimiq 

I was wondering if anyone knows if the tax is already included in the rate in the Jellyfish brochure.  If it isn't were you charged 16% or 26% on food and drinks?  I'm just looking at the resort brochure (ME) and they state the tax rate for each item.  Want to make sure I'm comparing apples to apples!

thanks!

Originally Posted by Ameralusion 

I just received and email from Mayte with the Jellyfish brochure. I am curious too if prices include tax?

#704 mimiq

mimiq
        • 184 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 07:21 AM

That's awesome!  Thanks so much for taking the time to check Caitlin- I really appreciate it!

#705 Sherio9090

Sherio9090
          • 71 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 10:19 AM

Happy New Year Ladies!

Does anyone know how the pricing works on the apps on the jellyfish brochure? 

For example the Mozarella Sticks are $1,5 is this price for just 1 mozarella stick? How big is a unit I guess is my question?

Anyone know how this works?

Thanks,
            Sheri

#706 CDNCouple09

CDNCouple09
            • 39 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 02:02 PM

Hi Ladies,

You have to add 16% to all your food and drinks. The only things you do not need to add taxes to are the decorations/flowers/DJ's etc. The resort charges 26% because its 16% tax and 10% gratuity.

Sherio9090 - If I can remember correctly I believe the mozza sticks came in 3 pieces. For a group of 30 adults we ordered mozza sticks, Breast Chicken Brochette, and butterfly shrimp for Appy's and had the $35 option for dinner. There was tons of food and it was delicious!

Hope this helps!

Robyn

[IMG]http://www.whenismywedding.com/signa...672f12f373.gif Wedding Ticker from WhenIsMyWedding.com[/IMG]

#707 inloveinkorea

inloveinkorea
              • 177 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 10:25 PM

Hi ladies. I'm new to the board. We are getting married at the Jellyfish in March of 2013. Still have a lot of time to plan and am finding this board incredibly helpful! 

Visit my Etsy shop for affordable DIY invitations and wedsite design! http://www.etsy.com/...eaOfLoveStudios

#708 erin2100

erin2100
                • 31 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 04:21 PM

hi everyone! i am also new to the board and wanting to have our ceremony and dinner/reception at jellyfish in January 2013. i was in touch with Mayte mid-December and am trying to confirm a date but havent received a reply.. sounds like others have received info from her since so i am starting to be concerned. we are wanting to have a civil ceremony too so maybe the delay is booking the judge? has anyone asked Mayte to book the judge for them lately? thanks!

#709 MNtoMX

MNtoMX
                  • 115 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 09:57 AM

Yes, $600 is my understanding

Originally Posted by astef 

I just love dealing with Mayte and the Jellyfish. Everything always seems too good to be true, but is :) It does sound like a great deal... it's $600 all together, right?

#710 inloveinkorea

inloveinkorea
                    • 177 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 02:31 PM

Hi Erin, 

I think Mayte is just slow at replying. Every e-mail I send takes weeks to get a reply. I'm not upset about it.. I know she's busy and with my wedding scheduled from 14 months from now, I figure I'm lower priority than someone who is getting married this spring. I'm currently waiting on some more info from her so that we can then get an invoice together, and get a deposit to her. From the rate of things.. I don't expect to be officially booked until March. lol. It IS a little frustrating but I try to remember how busy she is and that I know she will do an awesome job when the time comes.

Also, thanks for reminding me about getting the judge!

Does anybody know if he speaks English? Does that mean he will do the ceremony instead of the normal officiant?

Originally Posted by erin2100 

hi everyone! i am also new to the board and wanting to have our ceremony and dinner/reception at jellyfish in January 2013. i was in touch with Mayte mid-December and am trying to confirm a date but havent received a reply.. sounds like others have received info from her since so i am starting to be concerned. we are wanting to have a civil ceremony too so maybe the delay is booking the judge? has anyone asked Mayte to book the judge for them lately? thanks!

Visit my Etsy shop for affordable DIY invitations and wedsite design! http://www.etsy.com/...eaOfLoveStudios

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users