I finally found the time to sit down and write a full review on the Jellyfish, so here it is!!!!
We arrived in Punta Cana on November 24th, all 34 of us, and stayed at the Dreams Palm Beach Resort. I will try to write a separate review on the resort, but for now, Iâ€™ll give this resort an A+. Our first meeting with Mayte was on the Friday, Nov 25th â€“ We arrived at the Jellyfish via taxi ($25US from DPB resort) and met Mayte right on time. Ladies, all I can say is once you meet Mayte all your worries and stresses will disappear. She takes all the weight off by going through every single detail with you. From d©cor to flowers, to the setup outside to which cocktails to choose from. That was one of the first things we did, we tasted 3 different cocktails to pick out 2 cocktails for our cocktail hour. We chose Sex on the Beach and some Blue Hawaiian drink < which was sooo yummy. Afterwards we tasted our appetizers, which were delicious. We went with the butterfly shrimp, hot pockets and mozzarella sticks. Once the food tasting was done, we paid her everything we could in cash and left the remaining to pay via credit card (food and booze). So here is a final breakdown from my own experience:
- Absolutely gorgeous, open concept, extremely breezy, which is refreshing on a warm humid day.
- Bathroom, only 2 small stalls in the womenâ€™s, so if you have a puffy dress, good luck trying to use the washroom. J
- Kitchen is clean; the kitchen staff are so friendly and very accommodating to special requests.
- Bar/Bar staff are extremely nice, ready to party and make awesome drinks.
- Upstairs level is really cozy, with tables and pillows everywhere to lounge on. There are also couches/beds to chill on. We reserved the entire restaurant and thought it was really worth it. I got to throw my bouquet from the upstairs level and our photographer captured amazing shots of all of us partying & dancing below.
- Beach is really private. I think there may have been one person walking by during our ceremony, but that person was so far away that you barely noticed they were walking by.
- Wind ~ it may only have been on our wedding day, since we had pouring rain all day â€“ except during our ceremony and pictures (lucky us), the rest of the day was extremely windy. I couldnâ€™t even wear my veil, and in most pictures, Iâ€™m basically eating my own hair! So something to think about.
- Food is amazing! A lot of our guests chose the lobster, including myself, and it was delicious! I could have had two plates â€“ seriously! The service was amazing, everything was delivered on time. We chose to go a la carte for our dinner, which I am very grateful for. We saved over $450 !!!! We considered going with the $45 or $55 per person, but it just wasnâ€™t worth it. The lobster plate was only $48, so if we chose to go with the $55 option, our food budget would have doubled for sure!
- Drinks were awesome too! We chose the cocktail hour @ $5 per person for 1 hour, than afterwards we kept a tab ALL NIGHT. Even during dinner, we kept a tab going in case someone wanted to order something other than wine or beer, although wine was supplied during dinner.
Somehow we saved on our booze budget too by keeping a tab, because some of our guests didnâ€™t even drink, so the â€œper personâ€ & â€œper hourâ€ option didnâ€™t make sense to us if some werenâ€™t going to drink.
- What can I say about Mayte that hasnâ€™t already been said!! This woman is so dedicated to her brides. She really goes out of her way to make your wedding day special. She went into town to purchase my wedding favours for me (awesome!), and checked on my flowers a day before they were delivered to the restaurant (you can have them delivered to your room, but I preferred keeping them at the JF).
- It was pouring rain on our wedding day so Mayte had setup our ceremony inside the restaurant, but then the rain stopped, so Mayte moved all the d©cor and chairs back outside just in time for the ceremony â€“ now thatâ€™s dedication!
- Our cake turned out exactly the way we wanted it. The cup cakes were identical to our wedding colors and the top layer cake was similar to a picture I had sent Mayte, so again she pays attention to ALL details.
- I didnâ€™t have the chance to buy candy, so Mayte went out and purchased some candy for me and just added the amount to the cake budget. She charged me $200 for the 1 tier cake, cupcakes and candies! Thatâ€™s pretty darn cheap compared to what I would have spent back here at home!
Well thatâ€™s it for now! If you ladies have any questions, feel free to ask. Iâ€™ll try to log on here once in a while and do my best to answer your questions. Iâ€™m sure I have missed some details, but with Xmas right around the corner, my focus is elsewhere.
Happy planning â€“ and most of all â€“ you have made the RIGHT CHOICE in choosing the Jellyfish for your ceremony and/or your reception!!!!
P.S. Pastor Rick York is AMAZING!!! < Forgot to mention that too!!
P.P.S Merry Christmas & Happy New Years to all of you!!!!